Terry's 3x3x2 Tank

Terryz_

• Senior Reefer

They are working.. But they gotten so fat that they need to rest... LOL...

mine eat until almost no more liao. im so happy. even the bloody bryopsis also eat.

but i will wait awhile until my tank gets over the bloody new tank syndrome.

mine eat until almost no more liao. im so happy. even the bloody bryopsis also eat.

but i will wait awhile until my tank gets over the bloody new tank syndrome.

I got no more diatom.. Only hair algae... Once the finish the hair algae should be fine liao..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I am thinking of doing a continuous drip system as I am considering keeping Anthias...

Will be using Zooplanktōs-L ((200.0 - 2,000.0µm), Micrōvore and PhytōChrōm (1 - 30µm)..

Dunno if it is practical?

Member of:

• SRC Member

I am thinking of doing a continuous drip system as I am considering keeping Anthias...

Will be using Zooplanktōs-L ((200.0 - 2,000.0µm), Micrōvore and PhytōChrōm (1 - 30µm)..

Dunno if it is practical?

Your tank volume quite large, whatever you drip continuously might not reach the intended target hence needing to drip more, which cost more to do.

Your tank volume quite large, whatever you drip continuously might not reach the intended target hence needing to drip more, which cost more to do.

I guess so... Will try it out if it can work out... I am using balling method for my Ca, Kh and Mag also..

Member of:

After researching on the net, realised that there is no need for a dosing pump to do dosing of foods... Any equipment that can provide constant mixing of the food content in the water and have a airtube size outlet that can be controlled with a air valve is sufficient.

Such as Kalk Reactor as shown on RC's NPS subforum... Or for my case, I am using my Aquamedic Denitrator that have been sitting around for months... It provides circulation in the Denitrator and it has a airtube size outlet, but downside is I need a small pump to pump the water into the denitrator, will see if can make use of gravity feed...

Just to list out the thing that I will require if anyone is interested in trying out...

1. Airtube

2. Syringe (the tip should be able fit into a airtube)

3. 3-way connector

4. 2 pcs of air control valve

5. Foods

6. Denitrator/Kalk Reactor

I will be doing a quick one tonight and see if it will work, based on the theory, it should work...

Member of:

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: Interesting...show some pics of the setup & results thereafter. ;)

After researching on the net, realised that there is no need for a dosing pump to do dosing of foods... Any equipment that can provide constant mixing of the food content in the water and have a airtube size outlet that can be controlled with a air valve is sufficient.

Such as Kalk Reactor as shown on RC's NPS subforum... Or for my case, I am using my Aquamedic Denitrator that have been sitting around for months... It provides circulation in the Denitrator and it has a airtube size outlet, but downside is I need a small pump to pump the water into the denitrator, will see if can make use of gravity feed...

Just to list out the thing that I will require if anyone is interested in trying out...

1. Airtube

2. Syringe (the tip should be able fit into a airtube)

3. 3-way connector

4. 2 pcs of air control valve

5. Foods

6. Denitrator/Kalk Reactor

I will be doing a quick one tonight and see if it will work, based on the theory, it should work...

bro just get a second dosing pump lo save you trouble =.=

No circulation in the food mixture, it will spoil overnight... At least i think if got circulation will last longer... What I am worried about is the the clogging of the outlet if all the food settles...

Member of:

• SRC Member

If you're going with the one at RC in the NPS section, think you need air pump or was it the Tom's aqualifter pump to push out the food. But that person said the food will turn bad after 18hr and the amount is quite large, I do not know how many bottles of Fauna Marin Product you're going to use weekly. The troublesome part is to clean the food container.

My suggestion is to pre mix those food and freeze them in ice cube tray. You could just dump these into an area where they will melt and release the food into the water column. Your phosphate and nitrate will rise though as documented on that thread at RC. Weekly water change is what that person recommended.

• SRC Supporter

If you're going with the one at RC in the NPS section, think you need air pump or was it the Tom's aqualifter pump to push out the food. But that person said the food will turn bad after 18hr and the amount is quite large, I do not know how many bottles of Fauna Marin Product you're going to use weekly. The troublesome part is to clean the food container.

My suggestion is to pre mix those food and freeze them in ice cube tray. You could just dump these into an area where they will melt and release the food into the water column. Your phosphate and nitrate will rise though as documented on that thread at RC. Weekly water change is what that person recommended.

have you considered using the TLF NanoMag to clean the internal of the food container/reactor ?

TLF NanoMag

"The NanoMag also glides across the curved surfaces of fish bowls, wiping off algal films with ease.."

I'm actually also considering buildin a reactor similar to a Kalk Reactor but with some additional features for this purpose as I'm runnin a 2 footer NPS system linked to my main SPS reef. Intention would be to apply frozen cubes of food in various mixtures as mentioned by Bro BFG and adding them into the reactor via a union opening. Live feeds like rotifers and copepods could also be applied to this unit, plus frozen algae paste and cyclopreeze..

Also considering using thisSeko PR1 Timer adjustable Internal Rinse Aid Pump as a means to feed a constant water supply to the reactor. Like the adjustable flow rate feature. :thumbsup:

Reckon if the pump is adjusted properly, the reactor should be emptied of food particles on a daily basis and a short cleaning session with the NanoMag should be able to minimise or better, eliminate the requirement to clean it. :eyebrow:

The Aquamedic Denitrator have built in pump to pump out the water thru a airtube size outlet... So that solve the problem of having a Tom aqualifter... I am no going to use all FaunaMarin, the cost is going to be a huge amount.. I am using primarily Cyclopeeze and Nannochloropsis with some addition of FaunaMarin foods... Oh ya, I am pumping in the foods on a daily basis...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

have you considered using the TLF NanoMag to clean the internal of the food container/reactor ?

TLF NanoMag

"The NanoMag also glides across the curved surfaces of fish bowls, wiping off algal films with ease.."

I'm actually also considering buildin a reactor similar to a Kalk Reactor but with some additional features for this purpose as I'm runnin a 2 footer NPS system linked to my main SPS reef. Intention would be to apply frozen cubes of food in various mixtures as mentioned by Bro BFG and adding them into the reactor via a union opening. Live feeds like rotifers and copepods could also be applied to this unit, plus frozen algae paste and cyclopreeze..

Also considering using thisSeko PR1 Timer adjustable Internal Rinse Aid Pump as a means to feed a constant water supply to the reactor. Like the adjustable flow rate feature. :thumbsup:

Reckon if the pump is adjusted properly, the reactor should be emptied of food particles on a daily basis and a short cleaning session with the NanoMag should be able to minimise or better, eliminate the requirement to clean it. :eyebrow:

Actually the denitrator is relatively easy to take apart and clean... Didnt think of that actually... LOL..

I am interested to see how the reactor would turn out... Hehe...

I am actually trying this out since I have a equipment that cannot be sold lying around at home... And it sort of met the requirements... If really cannot work den will opt for other options...

Member of:

The clear airtube is the inlet for the water from the tank...

Added a 3-way joint so that I can pump food into the denitrator...

The black airtube is the outlet with a control valve...

IMAG0407.jpg

Member of: