Terry's 3x3x2 Tank

Terryz_

• Senior Reefer

1 whole bucket of salt is just nice for my tank... Manage to raise to 1.025... Lucky, if not need to buy another few packet..

Going to add in sand later...

Wondering if the bacteria in the sand will die if I add the sand now?

wait for awhile then add bah. bacteria don't die so easily but just incase.

• SRC Member

woow black sand is nicee

bro i did something like u

try to hv more space on the base or else after awhile detritus will accumulate and nitrate will build up

jus my experience to share i may b wrong

bro i did something like u

try to hv more space on the base or else after awhile detritus will accumulate and nitrate will build up

jus my experience to share i may b wrong

Actually only 7 rocks are on the base... there are caves behind those rocks... I just hope my future vortech and reach most of the area...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Regret not getting?

But seriously this black sand was a disappointment... They have rocks sized sand in the bag... :blink: :blink: :blink:

no lah i wont regret. it always looks nice now but later the detritus will make the sand whitish and greyish. so far i always see that lah. hope yours won't become like that hehe.

no lah i wont regret. it always looks nice now but later the detritus will make the sand whitish and greyish. so far i always see that lah. hope yours won't become like that hehe.

LOL.. Nevermind... As long as dark color can liao... Dun want white...

Member of:

• SRC Member

looking good bro! can envision a riot of colours when your corals start populating! thumbsup.gif

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

juz curious bro...did u put egg crate at the base of the rocks? i read it sumwhere b4 tat tis will help to reduce deadspots underneath the LRs...maybe sum1 more snr can correct me if im wrong...

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

juz curious bro...did u put egg crate at the base of the rocks? i read it sumwhere b4 tat tis will help to reduce deadspots underneath the LRs...maybe sum1 more snr can correct me if im wrong...

Nope... Dun have... The eggcrate is to elevate the rocks so that there are flow below the rock and not have any deadspots... This can be done also if you are able to make use of lesser base rock... I dun use egg crate becos I am used to scaping to ensure that the rocks are elevated and make sure to use as little base rocks as possible...

Member of:

Nope... Dun have... The eggcrate is to elevate the rocks so that there are flow below the rock and not have any deadspots... This can be done also if you are able to make use of lesser base rock... I dun use egg crate becos I am used to scaping to ensure that the rocks are elevated and make sure to use as little base rocks as possible...

haha ok...cant wait to c ur tank up n running :D

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup

:P :P :P

In cycling stage liao...

u plannin to cycle for how long?

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup

:thumbsup: good choice on the black sand..

but just wondering.. how are you gonna clean the glass on the 2 sides :blink:

No cleaning... LOL... If you mean the two sides that are against the wall.. The remaining glass will be replaced with aquascaping foam mixed with small LRs on eggcrates... So no cleanning required..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

BTW is the PBT doing well?

haha yup yup...its doing veri well...feeding greedily hehe bt it is bcuming a little terror in my tank..chasing all my fishes, ranging frm tangs, barlett, to all my wrasses...i suspect it is the murderer of my flame wrasse...

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup

haha yup yup...its doing veri well...feeding greedily hehe bt it is bcuming a little terror in my tank..chasing all my fishes, ranging frm tangs, barlett, to all my wrasses...i suspect it is the murderer of my flame wrasse...

Haha... Good to hear it is doing well... It is a scary cat in my tank... It did not bother the other fishes in my tank... Maybe becos it is in a bigger tank... Bolder...

Sorry about your flame wrasse... :pinch: :pinch:

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

Haha... Good to hear it is doing well... It is a scary cat in my tank... It did not bother the other fishes in my tank... Maybe becos it is in a bigger tank... Bolder...

Sorry about your flame wrasse... :pinch: :pinch:

haha no worries...i luv my pbt too much to let it go...hopefully nxt time in a bigger tank den wun go ji siao my other fishes

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup