Credit Card fraud

Tanzy

• SRC Member

Just received a call from the bank/issuer that somebody is trying to buy cameras using my card for ­£700++! Damn dodos! Thankfully, it was blocked.

How does the bank know when it's a fraudulent transaction anyway?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

The shop owners play an important role in prevention of credit card fraud.. I have, on many occassions, noticed that they never check my signatures after making the purchase.

They can always check with the banks in case of any discrepancies - be it difference in signatures or even the behaviour of the card holder.

But online? hmm..

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

700 pounds is hell a lot of money. renting cars wouldn't generate such a hit. then again, I'm not too sure myself.

maybe he's just bloody lucky that the banks weren't sleeping.

huskie. nobody in Singapore checks. I've used my MUM's card to pay for stuff. my mum's signature and mine. well lets just say the difference is between a durian and an apple.

I still manage to clock up close to $600 worth of purchase. with her approval of course.

• SRC Member

According the bank, my card was not swiped so somebody got my details and were trying to put the money through every 15 minutes. I guess the bank just got alerted to the persistence.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Point made.. they are taking things for granted.. maybe next time I should draw pictures instead of signing my signature and see whether will it pass through .. Then when the bill comes, I will deny it :lol:

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

Hi there, you may wish to alert your bank to look into this case. Banks will usually look into exceptional cases with hugh amt in foreign currency to deter credit card fraud, which is very prevalent nowadays. I would advise you to request your bank to change your card to another card number as the details may have been disclosed inadvertently. Your card details may have been used by credit card synidicates to forge counterfeit cards or possibly be made use of in Internet transactions. Check your next mth's credit card statement c arefully, you won't be surprised that there are some fraudulent transactions that have you may not have made....

One final word of advise: keep your credit card statement and charge slips confidential, as they bear your card nos. and expiry dates which can be made use of. Also keep an eye on your card when the salesperson/ waiter swipe your card. There is something called 'skimmer' to skim details from your card in case you are not aware. :)

Yup, i read the document before. Scary, isn't it?

Anyway, skimmer had developed by syndicates to a box slightly bigger than a matchbox. Imagine that...

A police report should be lodged immediatly if you discover any fraudulent transactions that are done within Singapore. The faster you lodge , the faster the culprit can be caught.

• SRC Member

Ihave been holding this particular cards for years

And one fine day I went to a country and bought something using the card

They call me up to confirmed

I ask prompt them as to what makes them call me

Their reason is that I neber have any transaction in that country before and happens that that country is in their list for credit card fraud.

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

When something like that happens and the transaction goes through, who pays anyway? You or bank? I took up credit card insurance when I got the card which includes fraud among other things but without the insurance what happens?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
Give me your credit card details, Tanzy, I'll help you do a check with the Bureau. :evil: You can trust me, right? :heh:

OK

4929 4766 8002 9000

Expiry date : 02/06

Name on card: Mr. Turtle Dude

post-36-1093875548.jpg

let complain king me answer some qns..

I do quite a no. of disputes b4..

Mostly depends on the banks own internal control, as well as the card u are holding. certain cards have more personal touch. Once I got a call at 11pm+ from the bank about some online transaction, I was pretty pissed, but was impressed that they actually call me to confirm the transactions.

Usually fraud n those online disputes are easily reserved. As long as you rec'd your statement and you reconcile em, any alien transactions bought to the bank attention can liao.

Another time I do a online subscription, n was quite lazy to key in all my details. It was passed thru initally, but later reverse out, cause of the incomplete details.