Zoas and Rics Sharing Club

teebs

Thanks for the inputs Luke.

Glad I was making sense to you guys. Was rather tired last night.

On your point 2 regarding extending the scheme to other fraggable corals,

I am ok but it may be too messy trying to work on too many things at one time.

I think all of us are open to other corals but different reefer targets different corals.

SPS may be the only other category that some of you would like to share. Most nano tanks cannot cater to their water requirement.

whereas zoas are rather universal and tons of varieties. Agree? But having said that, lets play by ear and take each shipment as it comes along.

maybe when we see exotic Flavias, we can purchase and frag too. Lets keep this open.

Confirmed reefers: (Thanks for the support guys!)

Kiko

Marco

AHSiang (Pls SMS me your mobile no pls)

Onizuka (Pls SMS me your mobile no pls)

Digibee

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Thanks for the inputs Luke.

Glad I was making sense to you guys. Was rather tired last night.

On your point 2 regarding extending the scheme to other fraggable corals,

I am ok but it may be too messy trying to work on too many things at one time.

I think all of us are open to other corals but different reefer targets different corals.

SPS may be the only other category that some of you would like to share. Most nano tanks cannot cater to their water requirement.

whereas zoas are rather universal and tons of varieties. Agree? But having said that, lets play by ear and take each shipment as it comes along.

maybe when we see exotic Flavias, we can purchase and frag too. Lets keep this open.

Confirmed reefers: (Thanks for the support guys!)

Kiko

Marco

AHSiang (Pls SMS me your mobile no pls)

Onizuka (Pls SMS me your mobile no pls)

Digibee

pm u my number

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

hi jacky. as much as i love to see your group work out your "goals", i do hope you stay on track as per your objectives. from what i gather reading all this, i fully understand your aim and i commend it. however, there is a very strong tendancy to go astray.

"3) Sell corals to fellow reefers

I know you can prob fetch a higher price in todays silly bidding market. But I would like to urge reefers that if you have a frag to sell, try to sell them within the grp 1st. You don't have to sell it low but just post it at an amount you wish to receive for it. This will fundamentally help the group. There are younger reefers who are students and some who has just started working or saving to get married. There are also others who cannot afford to bid the way it is happening now. just thinking of ways to even out the playing field a little. This is totally voluntary."

i don't know if you are biased or not, but from what i read, this sounds a little biased to me. given time, you may unknowingly boycott the pasar malam thread, and your purpose will then be different from what it is now.

i'm not saying that's what you're doing now, neither is it an offence. i just feel like if your main purpose is to share frags within your group of friends, then by all means go ahead, but try not to sound so biased towards the current bidding system. even though the current thrend in bidding is not your cup of tea, (or mine for that matter), i would appreciate is comments are kept to oneself to prevent misunderstandings.

please note this isn't a warning, nor a strike or something to go against what you're doing. just a friendly (i hope), comment that you may wish to consider

• SRC Member

Forming an association / groups / council / corporation, you have more commanding and purchasing power to negotiate and "influence" buyer and seller relationships...it's a form of biz strategy. End of the day, objective is to meet the group's interest to get the best deal for everyone belonging to this group...a kind of monopolistic structure.

l7304smr.jpg

Lemon

My choice of words prob reflect my personal thoughts and that is what I think. I do not think it would cause any misunderstandings and neither am I trying to create any trouble. To me, the market IS silly and really bids are for the rich who can afford the game. I am not bias towards the bidding system but it is a fact that - the average reefer will not be able to afford those bids. You can agree with me or disagree with me, its ok but surely such general comments do not need to be muted lah bro. Open sharing of thoughts are good for communication. I am trying to establish a sharing culture so really reefers who do not agree with my chain of thoughts prob should not participate in this. This is the reason why I was reluctant to mince my words.

Also I am just encouraging reefers to see if they find a buyer within the grp 1st. Just like where you sell your corals octos etc, you go to some of your reefers kakis and see if they want to buy/ reserve 1st. When your 1st post indicate it is for sale, you also mentioned it is reserved already. So its something that is similar. I have mentioned it is voluntary, so sellers can decide if they want to sell or if they want open for bidding. Decision still with them lah.

SRC has a few thousands members. The group sharing is only about 10 - 20 members lah. How to go astray? No one will boycott the pasar malam.

I think if I type more, then there will be more arguments. I understand where you are coming from. I have already mentioned that I am going to consult with Larry 1st regarding this to avoid conflict of interest. so no worries on that part. If he has same concerns as you, then we can do this via another channel and not within SRC so as not to put your guys in a bad spot.

but really hor, kudos to you. you really do read very well and put thoughts into reading them.

other things is loosen up a little and let go a bit on the "policing" part.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

ooops forgot one important thing Lemon.

Can help me check how to use the gallery section that Nigel mentioned?

I cannot open the page. Error msg:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

thanks in advance!

• SRC Member

Aiyoh, you all make it sound so sinister LOL. I think the 3 points that Jacky wrote are all sound and fair, especially point 2 which is group purchases to frag and share. The primary objective of this group (in my opinion) is to foster friendship and have a small group of reefers who can rely on each other to obtain corals. That should be the motivation behind this group: bonding of reefers with a common goal and helping each other out. I think it is safe to say that this is not a crack squad of gem hunters who will raid LFS and sweep everything on shipment day. :P

If you look at the list of names so far, they are all upstanding members, new and old. This is also good way to avoid drama and bad deals normally associated with dealing with strangers (let's face it, when you sell stuff on pasar malam, up to 70% of the people who respond are non-active members, many with only a few posts).

I also feel that all matters should be either conducted through PM or the gallery in this forum, or in our private capacity through SMS or emails. It doesn't reflect very nicely on us if we set up a blog site to share pics and trade from there. It may appear to others that we are subverting the buy/sell forum on SRC by coming out with an elite or exclusive alternative, even though that's not the case.

Rather than unknowingly boycotting the SRC pasar malam, I think an arrangement like this is complimentary to it. It is no different from stating in a sale thread "I reserve the right to sell to whomever I choose" or doing a favour to your friends by letting them have first pickings before posting for sale. Both aforementioned measures serve the same purpose, to avoid pilots and know that what you are selling is in good hands :)

BTW, Jacky, you've got my number, count me in. Thanks for doing all the sai kang and leg work :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Confirmed reefers:

1) Kiko

2) Marco

3) AHSiang

4) Onizuka

5) Digibee

6) Dachkie

7) Binosage

• Senior Reefer

amongsts all the moderators, i'm already pretty laid back in terms of "policing". don't worry i'm not trying to mute or control what you are doing. just saying. like i already said, its not a warning nor an act of policing. just some comments from my opinion.

SRC has been very active and noisy now thanks to you, peter etc. and its good. noisy SRC is better than the not so noisy and "dead" one few months back. There's plenty of TCSS everywhere in almost all threads that you guys visit. i'm not saying that's bad, it makes the place more friendly and that's good. but with your name everywhere now, i'm just worried that people might take what you say, the wrong way.

of course i know that that is your own opinion. i know you are strongly against the bidding system. i know you are not biased and i know that's the fact. what i am trying to put across is, the words you choose to use can leave people with a bad impression of your group. members who don't post much nor visit the forum often might have a bad impression of this group, so its good to straighten things out yeah?

i have a weird combination in secondary school where i major in lit and science. so it's kinda burned into my brain to read everything carefully and identify double meanings. literature students tend to do that.. so i'm sorry if i pick everything with such details. but please understand that what i'm trying to do, is to lessen any misunderstandings that can happen. not between you and i, but between you or me towards the general public. also once again, not everyone reads to such detail. some may see the word silly etc and then go off thinking about something else.

i don't wish to continue as i made myself clear already, and as long as we understand each other, its good. can PM me futhur if you wish to continue. i hate it that everytime we talk it ends in a debate. not good. but like i said, the purpose of this particular conversation is not how i perceive you. but trying to let you know others might see you wrongly. and i really hope that this group you are organising doesnt fail because of wrong intentions. many years ago something similar happend and the result was not to their liking.

as for the gallery, i will check with larry.

as for the gallery, i will check with larry.

Thanks Lemon.

This also appear on the page

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

There are no categories that you have permission to view

thanks

jacky

• Senior Reefer
Thanks Lemon.

This also appear on the page

The error returned was:

There are no categories that you have permission to view

thanks

jacky

ok thanks. will check with larry. and do read what i posted before. don't have to comment here, just to sort out misunderstandings. can PM me if you want to continue..

Hi jacky,

Do you mean you got the error message when you click on the "Gallery" function on top of the header ?

I tested it again just now, and it seem ok. Let me know if the problem persist.

I have created a new section just the gallery section just for the "Rics & Zoas sharing club". The gallery function allow you to easily upload/download photos and with the link you can easily link it to any of your posting here in SRC. So you guys can share easily your fags there for exchange ect..

If you need any help just feel free to PM me.. :)

Thanks Larry.

I just tried again and its ok now.... woohooooo we can start already.

chief, will the gallery be viewed by all src members or only our "small club" members only..

Dunno, I need to give more thoughts. The more the merrier or keep within the grp for 7 days then open to all?

Let me think about this first can? If you have thoughts then let me know. I am open.

But the "chionging" LFS part will be only among the few of us only.

edit: I am referring to the exchange prog.

It can be view by all SRC members including guest of the forum :)

Larry, anyone can post on the gallery too?

Confirmed FEG members:

1) Kiko

2) Marco

3) AHSiang

4) Onizuka

5) Digibee

6) Dachkie

7) Binosage

8) Raydiative