First time surviving chinese new year without lost

khiann

Cool...

Just dosing plain vodkha/ sugar, then how long you have going this regime?

I had gone thru once in 5-6mnth but cyno bloom broke in my main tank and I stopped.

Now restart, follow some fomula using VSV with Probidio Biodigest dosing. So far so food, green slime algae here n

there abit. PE very good, color coming abit (still early to judge about a month).

:thanks:

Mix reef-Main tank 3x2.5x2.5ftA

TI 3ft 8tube

Hitachi compressor unit 1HP

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

1 x Coral Lab CR with Ph controller; 1X AquaMedic Kalk Reactor top off

Baby fish dosing kh/Sr&Kcl/mg

DI water thru kalkwasser

1 x Skimz Fr with BRS gfo

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

Sump 3x1.5ft plumbed together with;

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dose about 8 months for vodkha onli, starting before the tank move. stopped dosing about 2 months ago.

for me, the green algae gone down a huge amount after stopping vodkha. the color actually gain a bit to more intense coloring instead of pale coloring. not brown though.

one finding also, if i switch the 20k lighting to 10k lighting, suddenly all the blue, purple and red color pop up really crazy upon the change. I am thinking going to 10k.

i am not happy with my PE on the sunset monti. from the origin tank, they opened like fat flower petal. after 2 weeks in my tank, they shrink to small PE. not sure where went wrong, except the origin tank salinity at 1.023 and mine 1.025. may be i should consider bring the salinity down

• SRC Member
  • 2 weeks later...

sad news... i just experience a tank crash, not sure how bad it is yet. I turn off all pumps and chiller for maintenance at 6pm, forget to turn the chiller back on. the temperature raise to 34C this morning at 630AM. heart was chilled when i see the tank in white colored water.

as far as i can tell, most of the colony still have colors and slight polyp extension. one huge table colony hang on the wall turn totally white :(

i hope the tank make it through...sigh...i have just killed my tank

• SRC Member

wah bro, you really damn unlucky man.

Doing maintainence is good husbandary but forgot to on back chiller,try not to be sad and hope for the best bro.

hope it goes well for you!!! all the best bro

OMG bro hpoefully all are doing well...

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member

sorry to hear that.

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

updates: most of the frags and colony should be able to make it. slight lost of color. however, 2 delicate species RTN, fiji tabling acro and a marine cultured caroliniana

i only keep a frag on caroliniana but not tabling acro :(

for the brothers i owe a frags, give me a week and let the condition stable down again. i will pass you the replacement frags soon after that

That is indeed good news ! Will be a big lost to the reefing community if you had not been able to save them. You have one of the best collections of SPS here. Therefore it makes sense to share some of your frags. That way you can always buy back what you have lost.

Let me know if you need any help.

Marc J.

You are havng exams right. how to cross the causeway?

updates: most of the frags and colony should be able to make it. slight lost of color. however, 2 delicate species RTN, fiji tabling acro and a marine cultured caroliniana

i only keep a frag on caroliniana but not tabling acro sad.gif

Hey Khiann

that is very good news. I bet a lot of bros here were sweating for you.

keep us posted :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

hope all goes well. If your sps are healthy, I think hardier species should be able to make it.

btw, did you change some water?

hope you dont mind, I want to learn from your experience. :paiseh:

months ago, I also nearly kill my sps by over dose Alk. at that time KH is more then 20.

I change almost 80% water and KH still 15. some sps rtn after the incident....

thanks guys

all i did was change 2 pail of water, put 7 bags of carbon, o3 to max 200mg, skimmer to wet skimming

most of the sps have polyp extension, but 2 colony still experiencing problem, one with STN. hopefully they can make it.

You are havng exams right. how to cross the causeway?

Hey Khiann

that is very good news. I bet a lot of bros here were sweating for you.

keep us posted :)

HAHA, I also don't know leh. Take one step at a time luh :X

Anyway, glad all turned out fine! :)

Happy Reefing to all,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Bro, am shocked to learn about your tank incident ! I understand your feeling becuase similar issue happened to me about 2 years back, temperature was 38 degree and all sps up lorry, nothing left.

Dont be disheartened. Learn from this episode, I suggest you relook into your setup design and install some temperature safty measures to ensure your tank temperature will not shoot above 30 degree. Those frags you have gotten from me, any loss ? Let me know if you needed help.

Take care !

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

thanks guys

all i did was change 2 pail of water, put 7 bags of carbon, o3 to max 200mg, skimmer to wet skimming

most of the sps have polyp extension, but 2 colony still experiencing problem, one with STN. hopefully they can make it.

Bro, how's the sps condition coming along, recovered and good ? Do let me know if you needed some specimen to get starting again, foc.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

hi all

good news, most of the sps survived and bounced back even better. all frags survived, including those i got from cedric :)

i lost the limegreen blue tip show piece, and a fiji table. luckily the frags survived. suprisingly all the sps grow even faster after the crash, which i suspect my water was suffering too low nutrien level. i am now trying to feed more to the tank and make the water a bit more dirty :)

pictures coming soon...

• SRC Member

hi all

good news, most of the sps survived and bounced back even better. all frags survived, including those i got from cedric :)

i lost the limegreen blue tip show piece, and a fiji table. luckily the frags survived. suprisingly all the sps grow even faster after the crash, which i suspect my water was suffering too low nutrien level. i am now trying to feed more to the tank and make the water a bit more dirty :)

pictures coming soon...

thats wonderful, congrats.. :D

Wow thats good news.....

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

FTS after the crash, color lost on some colonies and 3 dead colony removed ...sigh

post-7977-12724159373455_thumb.jpg

deep water acro, could not picture the bright green tip

post-7977-12724162063898_thumb.jpg

efflo frag

post-7977-12724162204079_thumb.jpg

hycianthus from fiji, at last colored up

post-7977-12724162271123_thumb.jpg

random acro picture

post-7977-12724162351289_thumb.jpg

this is a monti frag from fiji, seems to retain its color

post-7977-12724162418858_thumb.jpg

from fiji too, starts coloring back up after crash