Pasar Malam - Home Tanks

clee123

*hic* that's some macro shot!

I think the bn polyps can extend more. I'll take some pic tmrw and share with ya.

Btw not free delivery lah, I got to learn how to use the dosing pump. And got to see ur tank in person.

Hopefully can get this weekend.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Are there such thing called "Yellow Gloves"???

Got this accidentally at a normal gloves price.... :thumbsup:

post-16749-092632700 1281463781_thumb.jp

This is different from the "Golden Gloves" which I'd brought from GO few weeks back :whistle

post-16749-006358400 1281463928_thumb.jp

which one are more sought after???

Personally I prefer the "Yellow" ones..

fts-022012.JPG

Well....that take time and $$$ .... :score:

unless you want to donate some of your collection speed up the process... :P:D

Aiyoh...bro, you have been such generous gentleman all along to me, would be a pleasure to contribute to your piece of artwork lah. Drop by sometime and let's have kopi :friends:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

New Toy ... :thumbsup:

post-16749-098497900 1281976740_thumb.jp

For those that are in ZEOvit method, a Zeolite reactor is a must...However, the common problem we are facing is the jammping of the Zeolites stones in the reactor especically when the chips are small... This becomes un-aviodable if you are using the new Zeolite from KZ/RD...as there are now packaged in small chips rather the the usually large Zeolite.. :thumbdown:

Also don't like the idea of scratching the reactor as you need to pull and push the reactor to pump the mulm out...

post-16749-095474200 1281977892_thumb.jp

So would highly recommend this home grown innovative product RZR 624 (from Reef Reef Maniacs) as it provides another inner cylinder that contain the Zeolites which make the "pull and push" effortless and no more jamming of chips which sometime can cause injuiry to your arm... Also like the collection cup (similar to the skimmer cup) which allows the mulm to flow evenlly up to the celection cup (which also preven overflow if the flowrate are high) and out to the outlet into the sump .. :groupwavereversed:

Another good point I like this product is that it comes with two control valves - one big one and one small one.. the big control vavle allows you to control and adjust your flow rate when you connect it to the feeding pump...and the small one this to allow the water level to remain the same to cover the Zeolites stones when the feeding pump is off... :welldone:

post-16749-036055000 1281978406_thumb.jp

Two things might be useful to improve the product though... 1) For the inner Zeolites container, volume marking of liter (e.g. 1 Liter, 2 Liter, and 3 Liter) will be usefull when we exchange the Zeolite chips. 2) As I am using dosing pump, a inlet to conenct to the dosing pump may be useful...

Overall, it a perfect product for me... :cheers:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

*hic* that's some macro shot!

I think the bn polyps can extend more. I'll take some pic tmrw and share with ya.

Btw not free delivery lah, I got to learn how to use the dosing pump. And got to see ur tank in person.

Hopefully can get this weekend.

This is the Yellow BN with full polyps extension... :agreed:

post-16749-061379200 1282235255_thumb.jp

fts-022012.JPG

nice polyp extension and i like the last zoas

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=142927...

Keen to exchange something? im posting thumbnails of my zoas shortly... let me know if u'r keen on something u see.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

nice polyp extension and i like the last zoas

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=142927...

Keen to exchange something? im posting thumbnails of my zoas shortly... let me know if u'r keen on something u see.

Hey bro... no problem for any exchange... :cheers:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

:thumbsup: I luv the blue-patterned body which is gorgeous. Still trying to locate the ID.

:friends: It's showtime for yet another piece of ya fantastic ZOA collection harvested this morning. This exotic piece is absolute stunning mate. :eyebrow:

yes... don't know got any ID on this??... how's about soldier green or Peakcock eye??

I had DIYed this all-purpose waver maker to replace my MP10 recently for the followings benefits: :idea::groupwavereversed:

1) Use as a waver maker with 360 degree 2200l/h flow of indirect current (adjustable direction and flow rate through the control valve)

2) Use as a water vacuum cleaner to provide crystal clear water qaulity (particularly useful if you have hardworking sand gobies in the tank.. :chair: )

3) Use as an internal/additional Bio-filter (with bioballs and cotton material) device

4) Improved oxygen level and ORP reading for the tank

I use a resun 2200l/h powerhead that comes with two replceable bio-filter cases and small bio-balls (inter-changable everyweek) and the wave reflector. Really like this DIY over the expensive MP10...overall it does wonder to improve my water flow and water quality.. :yahoo: ...value for money... :thumbsup:

post-16749-073107600 1282753913_thumb.jp

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

I had DIYed this all-purpose waver maker to replace my MP10 recently for the followings benefits: :idea::groupwavereversed:

1) Use as a waver maker with 360 degree 2200l/h flow of indirect current (adjustable direction and flow rate through the control valve)

2) Use as a water vacuum cleaner to provide crystal clear water qaulity (particularly useful if you have hardworking sand gobies in the tank.. :chair: )

3) Use as an internal/additional Bio-filter (with bioballs and cotton material) device

4) Improved oxygen level and ORP reading for the tank

I use a resun 2200l/h powerhead that comes with two replceable bio-filter cases and small bio-balls (inter-changable everyweek) and the wave reflector. Really like this DIY over the expensive MP10...overall it does wonder to improve my water flow and water quality.. :yahoo: ...value for money... :thumbsup:

post-16749-073107600 1282753913_thumb.jp

Hey bro, innovative idea to use these internal canister filters for marine context, hmm might wanna try it myself too! :thumbsup: best part is that it'll prevent horror tales of fish head found in power head of vortech! :cry2:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

Different type of equipment will give different result. Your Resun pump will never replace what the MP10 can do, it will only give an alternative flow.

I agree MP10 can do different types of the flow. :agreed: .. but the results (mainly vacuum cleaner and improve of oxygen level) I want to acheive for the DIY powerhead is not what the MP10 can provide.. :eyebrow:

Currently, I already have 3 MP40w in my tank...so a MP10 in my tank may not provide an greater benefit...as such, I were looking for alternatives to provide better improvement to my tank... :thumbsup:

cheers

fts-022012.JPG

Hey bro, innovative idea to use these internal canister filters for marine context, hmm might wanna try it myself too! :thumbsup: best part is that it'll prevent horror tales of fish head found in power head of vortech! :cry2:

I agree with you... I had the same exprience as you for my pipefish, seahorse...and those sick fishes...

fts-022012.JPG