water problem.

That's the spirit, seamonkee.

Seamarine, he has offered you peace... please be gracious and accept it and don't add any more inflammatory comments.

We are all here to learn from each other. I hope you will be open-minded and open-hearted to see that we mean to help you. You cannot be stubborn or proud because the one to lose out in the end is you. We have nothing to gain.

I hope we can all learn to be friends and live in peace... and not just because of Christmas. :)

Peace!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

okk.. AT not two live rock.. 7 to 10 piece of LR .. anyway.. BYEzz .. :off:

Oh misread... only 2 pieces are not LR... hmm... but seriously, those are the strangest LR I have ever seen!! :erm:

• SRC Member

Oh misread... only 2 pieces are not LR... hmm... but seriously, those are the strangest LR I have ever seen!! :erm:

Probably it was once live rocks.... with plenty..... and I mean really plenty plenty of die-offs to make it what u are seeing now... :D

• SRC Member
ya .. i thnkz 2 piece is coated.. some of my LR got Green color

Green colour? That's a sign that the coralline algae is dying off and probably due to poor water conditions...

its amazing you people have the patience to go volley it out with him. I wouldn't have been bloody bothered. then again he didn't irk me at all.

SeaMarine. I suggest you go do a lot more reading regarding reef husbandry. doing things your way, may get you nicer fish. but at what cost? replacing the fish every other week? in the long run the amount of money invested into the fishes you keep replacing will be equal to investing in a quality filter system. if you do not have the space to get a sump, then get a canister filter then.

lower your pride, stomach it and learn. I'm head strong as well. in fact I have the evil tendancy of telling people to stuff it up their ###### whenever I do not like a certain comment. but I've come to realise that by doing so, you don't learn anything at all and at the end of the day you are at the losing end. surely you don't get sadistic pleasure in having people laugh at you right? unless you're some sort of a comedian.

I'm sure seamonkee meant no malice when he tried to apologise to you and reason it out with you. the least you should do is abase yourself and accept it. we're not saying you are wrong. we're not saying you are right either. at the end of the day, its not up to us to judge whether you or him are right or wrong. we're just here to help each other out, be it in times of crsis like tank crashing, or in times of boredom like going out to LFS/kwah chio bu.

cheers. and please. adopt better fish husbandry skills. the excuse that you're a student isn't a valid one. there are many student reefers out there who still practice good husbandry skills. if you do not have the time for it, I suggest you cut back on the stocking and wait till you're more free before you do anything drastic to your tank. give whatever livestock you can to people, save a few for your tank and work from there. no point buying fish on impulse only to come back and realise that you made the wrong purchase. very painful lesson indeed.

in short. be humble. learn. accept criticism. thats the only way you'll improve. and cheers. and no, this is in no way trying to tell you how to suck eggs *an old english proverb. not literally* just telling you because I was once like you, if not worse.

• SRC Member

terryansimon: volley with him? No lah... look at time of posting, can't sleep then... :lol: so decide to engage into some hot action debate with him...

Also, it pains me to see fishes in such poorly kept conditions... :(

• SRC Member
SG: 21 to 22 Temp:29 the rest i dunno........ happy with it..

pic take on sat ---so happy with it... if not .. then carry on unhappy ba.. wun be bother here anymore

ur stand/tabletop looks so fragile n its too small...