MWTS very blue favia

yikai

• Senior Reefer
It would be nice if I could pair this with Lemon's blue blue... :) :) :)

hi bro that's a very nice piece. i had one but the purple overtook all the green after awhile haha. guess it had something to do with the lighting i provided.

• SRC Member
hi bro that's a very nice piece. i had one but the purple overtook all the green after awhile haha. guess it had something to do with the lighting i provided.

Purple overtake all the green would also be nice!!! :)

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

• SRC Member
frag both ur favias into 4 quarters...then i take 1 quarter each haha... then peter take one pair too...4 reefers happy :evil:

Haha!!! Idea Idea... But Lemon's blue must be whole piece then nice...

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

• Senior Reefer

thanks bros for all the comments, PMs and offers. have decided not to sell it for the time being, but the pricing offered has really helped in its value. pricing so far has been reasonable, so in future if want to sell, will be around this price, or more.

thanks everyone for the support, and sorry to dissapoint those who really want it.

as for fragging, will not frag it. a blue favia in pieces will lose its charm imo. :)

• Senior Reefer

nope. they usually prefer less than green. as a rule of thumb, blue colour is a form of protection against UV by the coral itself, or for filtering out uneccesary spectrum of light. clams are usually blue because they shade themselves from certain spectrums in the sunlight.

for this particular blue favia, placing it in higehr light will result in neon green stripes running across the red "eyes". i placed it lower to curb this green stripes as i find it will ruin the overall blue appearance by makign it very messy.

look at the picuture one more time. the parts circled show the green lines starting to form...

post-15755-1265450564_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

ok. once again everyone for the support. to avoid off topic posting, will close the thread :) can continue in my tank thread if there's anything to add. thanks everyone.