Walking Coral "Heteropsammia cochlea,"

Eniram

• SRC Member
Any reefers know if any LFS ever brought in the above coral before? Looks like a Rhizo but its not.

Walking coral

Reborn is able to get the coral if you want. Previous Aussie shipment, they were talking about bringing it in but I think at the end they did not as the price was very high.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

How were they intending to sell it for? Online its about US$80~US$90. But that is from Aussie to US but from Aussie to Sing should be quite reasonably priced? correct me if i'm wrong

• SRC Member
How were they intending to sell it for? Online its about US$80~US$90. But that is from Aussie to US but from Aussie to Sing should be quite reasonably priced? correct me if i'm wrong

Transport cost wise, Aussie to Sin is cheaper than from Aussie to US but the price for the walking dendro is more expensive for Singapore LFS because we do not order as much as the US.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
thanks peter!

Anyway, if any LFS were to bring in, the price would probably be ard $200-$300. At least this was the figure that Reborn mentioned when I was discussing the Aussie shipment with them previously.

In future, you may see Reborn bringing in some rare corals and fishes.

Reborn may have an Aussie shipment coming in next month. And they will have a Carribean shipment with some rare fishes coming soon.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

this is a very rare coral and it is very unusual. there is a hole on the underside of this coral in which a sipunculid worm lives in. the worm extends out of the skeleton and move around the sand for food, dragging the coral with it. although it resembles sun corals, they are photosynthetic.

not sure if it is easy keeping the worm alive..

Anyway, if any LFS were to bring in, the price would probably be ard $200-$300. At least this was the figure that Reborn mentioned when I was discussing the Aussie shipment with them previously.

In future, you may see Reborn bringing in some rare corals and fishes.

Reborn may have an Aussie shipment coming in next month. And they will have a Carribean shipment with some rare fishes coming soon.

Do you think they will have Neon Gobies in the shipment? don't wanna go all the way to CF w/o kakis

the underside of this coral. the coral moves around alot due to the worm....

Looks gross man! Yea googled it and saw the shape when its retracted!

• SRC Member
Do you think they will have Neon Gobies in the shipment? don't wanna go all the way to CF w/o kakis

Looks gross man! Yea googled it and saw the shape when its retracted!

Not too sure if they will have neon gobies. Will ask them about this... :whistle

Yup, it's pretty gross and nobody knows if you can even keep the worm alive.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

to keep the worm alive, u need a DSB as it probes deep within the sand to feed. without sufficient fauna, the worm will die. however, it is ok if it does die.

if the worm dies, the coral can still survive. the worm only helps by moving the coral around so it does not get buried in the sillt which it lives in. pretty cool huh?

more info on the worm here. Aspidosiphon corallicola

• SRC Member
to keep the worm alive, u need a DSB as it probes deep within the sand to feed. without sufficient fauna, the worm will die. however, it is ok if it does die.

if the worm dies, the coral can still survive. the worm only helps by moving the coral around so it does not get buried in the sillt which it lives in. pretty cool huh?

But the whole point of getting this coral is to see it move around on your sand bed... :eyebrow:

If the worm dies, then no point to get this coral since it will become a sitting Dendro instead of a walking Dendro... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
But the whole point of getting this coral is to see it move around on your sand bed... :eyebrow:

If the worm dies, then no point to get this coral since it will become a sitting Dendro instead of a walking Dendro... :whistle

yeah true. the novelty lies in the walking coral. but walk anyhow die jialat hehe

Just imagine it moves until it gets stuck under the rock scape, it sense an obstacle and bull doze its way through and brings the whole rock scape down!!! its like the haiti earthqauke! expsensive casulties! :shock:

yeah true. the novelty lies in the walking coral. but walk anyhow die jialat hehe

totally agree!! its like lemon's avatar! anyhow kill coral!