Joe's Reef

snowy85

Greetings!!!

This is coming abit late. :upsidedown: But well better late then never. :rolleyes:

After 3 long years, I am back into reefing. This time.... leaving the GF and MOM out of the equation.

Its been already 3 weeks since my tank has been set up. haha.

the cycling process is already at its end and i am already looking out for cool stuff to stock.

Did not really take much pics of the setup. but will start taking lots from now on!

Here's some brief tank specifications:

Aquarium type: Trying for a SPS dominant tank this time round.

Size: 4' x 2.5' x 2' (149.63 U.S. gallons / 566.34 liters) excluding Sump.

Exact location of the tank. In my studio behind my table.

tank1.jpg

LCK got sps shipment soon....and price might be shocking 2. Just in time. lol.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Hi Joe, finally u did some posting of your tank. Post a front view la rather than from an artistic angle.. Must be your job hazard. haha

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
Greetings!!!

This is coming abit late. :upsidedown: But well better late then never. :rolleyes:

After 3 long years, I am back into reefing. This time.... leaving the GF and MOM out of the equation.

Its been already 3 weeks since my tank has been set up. haha.

the cycling process is already at its end and i am already looking out for cool stuff to stock.

Did not really take much pics of the setup. but will start taking lots from now on!

Here's some brief tank specifications:

Aquarium type: Trying for a SPS dominant tank this time round.

Size: 4' x 2.5' x 2' (149.63 U.S. gallons / 566.34 liters) excluding Sump.

Exact location of the tank. In my studio behind my table.

tank1.jpg

bro nice tank,keep it up.how is the skimmer?

LCK got sps shipment soon....and price might be shocking 2. Just in time. lol.

yea i prolly go down to check it out. GO also got shipment coming in soon.

Hi Joe, finally u did some posting of your tank. Post a front view la rather than from an artistic angle.. Must be your job hazard. haha

haha was busy the last few days (with LOTS of procrastinating :paiseh: ). but yea finally got down to doing it. I will post it in abit after the photographer is free.

as requested. i told him that u wanted to see a pic of the tank and he got down to taking it immediately. lol.

u must have made quite an impression on him that day :upsidedown:

fts1.jpg

the lighting is abit weird. my other bulb died on me hence the contrast in colours. gotta pop by AM one of this days to pick up another 14k bulb.

• SRC Member

welcome back snowy!

:P Hey... your dimensions are exactly the same as my setup as well ^5! :) your livestock will love all the little caves to dart into whenever you turn around and stare at them from your table. LOL

Do I spot a YT and a NAso Tang in there already? :)

:whistle

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Hey desi!

have been following your thread quite closely. love your setup. damm awesome. u guys have deep pockets :P

i planned to have sps on the top as they need more lights. so i gotta "raise" my rock work abit. instead of dumping in more LR which make things kinda clustered and takes away alot of swimming space. which then brings me to my 2nd point. less LR = more money saved. they r not cheap! more tunnels/caves less LR. haha

yeap took over 2 yellow tangs, a blue tang 2 clowns and an algae blenny from the previous owner of the tank.

they have been in a pail for almost 2 weeks before i threw them into the tank. poorthings. :(

thats not a naso. its a sohal. gotta get a better pic of it. thats the latest addition. introduced only yesterday.

i kinda regret dumping in all the fishes from the pail into the tank. now i wanna get rid of the BT, one YT and also the 2 clowns, but having great difficulty getting it out.

Joe

Bro at last saw your tank post...love the way you do up ur rocks..Wow bro not bad huh still have a professional photography to take ur tank pic... :whistle

Will be staying tune on ur post believe will be full of gems believe you have resevered a numbers of frags fom some1.. :eyebrow:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member

Thanks Joe.. :P We are still slowly stocking and refraining from binge buying! Besides, 3 pieces of equipment are still pending delivery. can't wait for the whole thing to be.. "whole"... if you know what I mean. Ketchup and I switch from playing world of warcraft together to marine tank hobby together lor. LOL

Good luck to your set up too! :) May the gods of reefing look down upon our endeavors with showers of blessings!

Cheers

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Bro at last saw your tank post...love the way you do up ur rocks..Wow bro not bad huh still have a professional photography to take ur tank pic... :whistle

Will be staying tune on ur post believe will be full of gems believe you have resevered a numbers of frags fom some1.. :eyebrow:

thanks bro! he's ok la. new form of photography for him. i only have suck panasonic digi cam so yea since there is like 5 DSLRs and tons of lenses lying around in the office might as well use them :P yea gotta go meet up with him soon... much better then going for shipment runs :eyebrow:

Thanks Joe.. :P We are still slowly stocking and refraining from binge buying! Besides, 3 pieces of equipment are still pending delivery. can't wait for the whole thing to be.. "whole"... if you know what I mean. Ketchup and I switch from playing world of warcraft together to marine tank hobby together lor. LOL

Good luck to your set up too! :) May the gods of reefing look down upon our endeavors with showers of blessings!

Cheers

Desi

Desi..... u are awesome... when i was in WoW a few years back... i never had peace from the..... *ahem* lol.

we need more girls around that understand and share us guys likings, hobbies and passion.

its always shopping for bags and shoes and dresses for them.. one thing i can't understand is... isn't fishes and corals the same thing?

its just buying different things. 1.5k Gucci Bag.... 700bucks LV Wallet. i rather spend it on a skimmer or black tang :P

• SRC Member
as requested. i told him that u wanted to see a pic of the tank and he got down to taking it immediately. lol.

u must have made quite an impression on him that day :upsidedown:

fts1.jpg

the lighting is abit weird. my other bulb died on me hence the contrast in colours. gotta pop by AM one of this days to pick up another 14k bulb.

He is cool with his set of professional photographic equipments :) Hope he help u post more pics .. hehe

i can see ur tank rockscape is very well poise for SPS... :eyebrow:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• Senior Reefer
one more... a pic of the torch. the mouth of the torch is always open. is that good?

torch1.jpg

its not good if its perpetually like this. did u just get it? first few days like this should be fine....

when they acclimatise, they will expand very very huge, wavy and the mouth will be closed tightly and hidden out of sight in the mass of tentacles.

its not good if its perpetually like this. did u just get it? first few days like this should be fine....

when they acclimatise, they will expand very very huge, wavy and the mouth will be closed tightly and hidden out of sight in the mass of tentacles.

counting today should be around a week already. its still like that. i believe my flow is too strong for this kinda LPS.

i am on 3x tunze 6045 and a vortech wp40. i guess its kinda too much for certain LPS.

i have switched its position a couple of times. seems like everywhere in my tank the flow is too high for the torch. unless i hide it in the cave.

gotta dissappoint one of my collegues. he actually bought that piece for the tank. saying something like "the corals u wanna keep all look like stone! this is how real corals should look!" lol.

my gonio is also not doing too well. prolly pass them on to someone that has a tank which is more suited for it.

but strangely my Acans are doing fine.

at least i am glad the monti cap is doing very well.

also a some small update. finally changed my MH bulbs. got these Aqua Medic 16k bulbs. looks nice but abit pricey.

I never knew there was such a spectrum in the market.usually its 10k,14k,20k.

will post some pics tml on it.

counting today should be around a week already. its still like that. i believe my flow is too strong for this kinda LPS.

i am on 3x tunze 6045 and a vortech wp40. i guess its kinda too much for certain LPS.

i have switched its position a couple of times. seems like everywhere in my tank the flow is too high for the torch. unless i hide it in the cave.

gotta dissappoint one of my collegues. he actually bought that piece for the tank. saying something like "the corals u wanna keep all look like stone! this is how real corals should look!" lol.

my gonio is also not doing too well. prolly pass them on to someone that has a tank which is more suited for it.

but strangely my Acans are doing fine.

at least i am glad the monti cap is doing very well.

also a some small update. finally changed my MH bulbs. got these Aqua Medic 16k bulbs. looks nice but abit pricey.

I never knew there was such a spectrum in the market.usually its 10k,14k,20k.

will post some pics tml on it.

Glad to see that your tank is all up and ready.. How is the Vortex wave maker doing ?

Looking forward to see photos of your SPS soon.. :P

Glad to see that your tank is all up and ready.. How is the Vortex wave maker doing ?

Looking forward to see photos of your SPS soon.. :P

its doing well. better then well its awesome! i got my multi purpose super handy designer to solder the wires back in. so now it looks as good as new! :eyebrow:

oh ya i think there was a day i saw you at pasir ris farmway. u were checking the LED lightings. but cant be sure if its u so i did not greet. if not wrong person then paiseh. LOL

its doing well. better then well its awesome! i got my multi purpose super handy designer to solder the wires back in. so now it looks as good as new! :eyebrow:

That's great to hear.. :)

nice tank... hopes to see more pics when u stock up....

Heard from Desi u play WOW also ah? we quit about 1 year already... now just Marine fish... lol :P

ya last time... yeap for me its just reefing, work and fishing. lol

i will see u on sat! cant wait!