Hi peeps need help with noise!!

• SRC Member

Hellos bros and sis need some noise help out here

my overflow box is having too much of noise when the water flows

I have a durso pipe and have already allowed full air intake(cover still closed as air intake too noisy if open fully without cover)

if I add water into the overflow box,it will flow all the way to my sump which makes my water in the sump rises

any advice is appreciated

thinking of adding bioballs but scared it will become a nitrate factory

so need the best advice

thanks bros and sis for your kind advise and attention :thanks::rolleyes:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
sponge? works for me.

oh so just throw the sponge there??

need to change haha thanks :upsidedown:

post-15964-1262695436_thumb.jpg

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Sometimes, the noise in the overflow box is caused by the return flow rate being too fast and your return piping in your overflow box is not large enough to cater for the return flow.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

throw in sponge (those big spores one) and adjust the water lv. That what i did for my return. However i am facing this issue if i switch on both or6500 and ehiem 1262

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
throw in sponge (those big spores one) and adjust the water lv. That what i did for my return. However i am facing this issue if i switch on both or6500 and ehiem 1262

hmm as what bro peter said I kinda feel that my return too strong

hahhaa yep bro sorry like to ask what are examples of big spores sponges?

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

bro, raise the water level and put sponge near the teeth. The noise is caused by the water gushing down to the overflow box( i presume). is the noise louder then the day u came to my house?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Hellos bros and sis need some noise help out here

my overflow box is having too much of noise when the water flows

I have a durso pipe and have already allowed full air intake(cover still closed as air intake too noisy if open fully without cover)

if I add water into the overflow box,it will flow all the way to my sump which makes my water in the sump rises

any advice is appreciated

thinking of adding bioballs but scared it will become a nitrate factory

so need the best advice

thanks bros and sis for your kind advise and attention :thanks::rolleyes:

Hi bro, maybe u can try this, remove the durso pipe, yup it will be noisy, then u go adjust the control valve below which the water return to the sump. It should be fully open, close a bit n observe, the water level will rise up, keep adjusting until the water rise up n the water is not gushing down from a great height. This way it will not be noisy liao, work for me. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member
Sometimes, the noise in the overflow box is caused by the return flow rate being too fast and your return piping in your overflow box is not large enough to cater for the return flow.

agree with what peter says..

intially i was also faced with this problem..

i reduced the flow that is gushing down from the top...

noise reduced...

if i let it just gush down without control,

the guggling sound would be quite loud....

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

Hi bro, maybe u can try this, remove the durso pipe, yup it will be noisy, then u go adjust the control valve below which the water return to the sump. It should be fully open, close a bit n observe, the water level will rise up, keep adjusting until the water rise up n the water is not gushing down from a great height. This way it will not be noisy liao, work for me. =)

so bro, adjust to valve to half to let the water flow back slow, and rise up the water level up rite( mean the overflow box ) ? safe ?

so bro, adjust to valve to half to let the water flow back slow, and rise up the water level up rite( mean the overflow box ) ? safe ?

Nope not half, a bit will rise the water lvl by a lot, so adjust slightly everytime. If adjust slightly should be safe.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)

Hmmm actually depend on your return pump flowrate also. If adjust slight then wait a few minute the water lvl never rise up then u adjust more. =)

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

No problem, learnt it from tank maker, cause my overflow to small to put durso pipe so he taught me this method. =)

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

• SRC Member

Another way may be to change your return pump to a lower flow rate one.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

oh my gosh bro wonderful advice I didnt remove the durso pipe all I did was to turn the valve smaller so that the water intake is slower thus increasing the water level in the over flow thus the water wouldnt be splashing around in the overflow box

thanks bros whom helped me in this really appreciated it THANKS

Also thanks to wonderful seller bro solo even after tank was sold

Thanks bros :upsidedown: :upsidedown: :thanks: :thanks:

Oh yes bros last question I was thinking since my return is pretty strong maybe I can tee off to the chiller while the other part goes back to main tank

and after from chiller the water goes back into sump?

is this a feasible Idea thanks

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

oh my gosh bro wonderful advice I didnt remove the durso pipe all I did was to turn the valve smaller so that the water intake is slower thus increasing the water level in the over flow thus the water wouldnt be splashing around in the overflow box

thanks bros whom helped me in this really appreciated it THANKS

Also thanks to wonderful seller bro solo even after tank was sold

Thanks bros :upsidedown: :upsidedown: :thanks: :thanks:

Oh yes bros last question I was thinking since my return is pretty strong maybe I can tee off to the chiller while the other part goes back to main tank

and after from chiller the water goes back into sump?

is this a feasible Idea thanks

U r welcome. =) Hmmm yup u can tee off to the chiller while the other part goes back to main tank

and after from chiller the water goes back into sump. This is what i am doing also. i tee off my chiller pump to my main tank cause the flowrate too strong for my chiller. But remember to add a control valve after u tee off the pump. so that u can control the amount of water going into the chiller. Flowrate too high equal the water go pass without chilling end up take longer time. hoped it help. =)

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

• SRC Member
U r welcome. =) Hmmm yup u can tee off to the chiller while the other part goes back to main tank

and after from chiller the water goes back into sump. This is what i am doing also. i tee off my chiller pump to my main tank cause the flowrate too strong for my chiller. But remember to add a control valve after u tee off the pump. so that u can control the amount of water going into the chiller. Flowrate too high equal the water go pass without chilling end up take longer time. hoped it help. =)

YEA of course it helped hahhaa thanks bro :upsidedown: :upsidedown:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

No problem. For the ben timer, u want to try recommendation from bros here to use okra one? If u want ben timer, how many do u need?

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Hi Bro, after adjusting the valve this is how look like

I see. :eyebrow:

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

Sorry for the confusion, the message is for bro buga and to bro buga. , congrats to yr exam and study hard for the coming yr big exam.

:blink: mean ?

Algae Scrubbler