Power Timer

Don't know where to post this. I figured most members will be searching for a timer when setting up a tank.

Went Ikea Tampines today. They are selling power timer at 2 for $9.90

Only thing is that the timers can only be set at 30 mins interval.

Regards,

Macrobutt

• SRC Member
Don't know where to post this. I figured most members will be searching for a timer when setting up a tank.

hi Macrobutt,

i heard that it is not very durable for high power usage. but im not sure whether is it true but it is still a good catch at that price.

so take note on that.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

Hi macrobutt. i too am using this timer and have no bad comments so far. a few of my close reefing friends here have been using it too and so far so good.

ikea also sells the 3pin plug with 2 sockets to put ur two pin plugs in. these are very useful! 2 2 pin plugs in 1. and the sockets are deep enough so that the un-earthed two pins will not be exposed and wont leak electricity. you should look out for this.

I have already purchased 2 sets from IKEA Alexandra last month to replace my fault digital timer. I dun think we need so precise timer untill we can set it to certain min or sec sibo as long it's easily manageable, work well and durable :lol:

IMHO, It's the smallest among all analog timer and most importantly is cheap and good la :eyebrow: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

IKEA analog timers use for LED lighting control.

DSC00589Small.jpg

Size compare with Taiyo timer

DSC00585Small.jpg

Maximum Load watt compare with Taiyo timer

DSC00586Small.jpg

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
IKEA analog timers use for LED lighting control.

DSC00589Small.jpg

Size compare with Taiyo timer

DSC00585Small.jpg

Maximum Load watt compare with Taiyo timer

DSC00586Small.jpg

thats very small as compared to the counter part. able to save alot of space. im sure some reefer were annoyed by the conventional type on multiple sockets which most likely you didnt have space to put side by side.

i already have problems putting theben timer side by side.

and any others have any other problems with it before?

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Was abt to get some timers too. Will chiong there early morning.

Thanks for the lobang macrobutt, amd for the pics bro james!

I may chiong to get 1 more set for spare :eyebrow: !

• SRC Member
thats very small as compared to the counter part. able to save alot of space. im sure some reefer were annoyed by the conventional type on multiple sockets which most likely you didnt have space to put side by side.

Yes, I have the same problem with TheBen timers. Only able to fit 2 pin plugs beside it.

Hi macrobutt. i too am using this timer and have no bad comments so far. a few of my close reefing friends here have been using it too and so far so good.

ikea also sells the 3pin plug with 2 sockets to put ur two pin plugs in. these are very useful! 2 2 pin plugs in 1. and the sockets are deep enough so that the un-earthed two pins will not be exposed and wont leak electricity. you should look out for this.

Sounds interesting!

Regards,

Macrobutt

• SRC Member

Try the NEC brand of multiple socket. Which I've found out that they are wider apart.