Will my sunburst anthia be less timid one day?

qwertman321

• Senior Reefer

sunburst anthias

- shy

- hard to feed

- fragile fish that dont ship well.

have kept a sunburst anthias for a few months. they will not be so timid, but generally stay closer to rocks. this is their nature. not an active open swimmer, more of a dweller amongst rock works. died for no reason one day. have not tried them ever since.

as for ur surface accumulating "dust", this is due to poor water movement on the surface. try to improve circulation by creating more wave movements on the surface using wavemakers. do you have an overflow or surface skimmer?

• Senior Reefer

err.... ok... you should at least put in some form of mechanical filtration to filter out solid debris. try to aim your wavemaker at different angels to create for surface movement? that way the water agitation might dispel the surface scum.

• SRC Member

Once your sunburst starts feeding it will not be so shy anymore. My sunburst and other anthias always waiting and swimming nearer to me as if begging for food. Sunburst is also easier to feed than most anthias. However like most fishes, they are easily terrified when stress maybe due to water with high nitrates and so on.

Hi guys, just bought a sunburst anthia from coral farm yesterday,he is very timid and once he saw me , he will dash to hide.

Juz wondering anyone has kept a sunburst anthia like mine? Will it be not afraid of people someday?

Such a nice fish hiding would be a watse...... :snore: