6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LPS can be places near the edge and/or corners or somwhere near the bottom of the tunze where the flow will not be that great. Many pple just assume by reading off the specs without actually seeing the product in action :P

Even with the 3x6100 my LPS are still do well in my tank. No tissues flying away. But you really need to choose the location carefully.

AP is correct at the center part where the current from the tunze meets, the flow is very turbulent :P Shiok shiok for SPS. The polyps waves like there is no tomorrow.

• SRC Member

Yah, even with just 3 x 6100... i had to relocate my white bubble to one side of the tank sheltered by a wall of rocks..

Now I have the power of 3 at 1 side of the tank... white,green and brown bubble

Fo hammer coral, if the lps waves like crazy but it is still fully expanded means its ok rite?

• SRC Member
Yah, even with just 3 x 6100... i had to relocate my white bubble to one side of the tank sheltered by a wall of rocks..

Now I have the power of 3 at 1 side of the tank... white,green and brown bubble

Fo hammer coral, if the lps waves like crazy but it is still fully expanded means its ok rite?

yeah better be careful bro.Alpha..... :blink: LPS definitely don't like that much turbulence.....wait they won't wave back at you again.... :P

currently I had to shift all of mine too and lowered some to the middle because of my MH as well...*sigh*.....always got alot of things to do.... :(

• SRC Member

After receiving advice from various sources, have upgraded my return pump which is powering my chiller to a md55.

Noticably more return than a Eheim 1262 since the chiller is about 3m ht from the pump.

Hopes it helps with clearing the suspended particulates in the water column. Will put in more filter floss to capture the particulates in the sump too

• SRC Member

AP, yup... all algae has been eradicated (as of yesterday) and very glad to see my white sandbed (not as white as some of the tanks in this forum lah) but happy to report that the condition is improving vastly.

Now trying to overcome the particulates in the water column...

• SRC Member
AP, yup... all algae has been eradicated (as of yesterday) and very glad to see my white sandbed (not as white as some of the tanks in this forum lah) but happy to report that the condition is improving vastly.

Now trying to overcome the particulates in the water column...

whoa glad to hear that man..... :bow: finally tank is starting to mature.... :yeah:

you have particulates in the water column.... :blink:

• SRC Member

AP, cannot add more liao, at the request of my wife, OUR reeftank must have LPS and softies so i think enuff circulation with 3 x 6100s for SPS and got some slower flowrate at some areas for softies and LPS.

Targetting for a mixed reef! yeahhhh!!

The Newbie's reeftank is maturing... Yeah!! heheheehehehe

• SRC Member
AP, cannot add more liao, at the request of my wife, OUR reeftank must have LPS and softies so i think enuff circulation with 3 x 6100s for SPS and got some slower flowrate at some areas for softies and LPS.

Targetting for a mixed reef! yeahhhh!!

The Newbie's reeftank is maturing... Yeah!! heheheehehehe

he...he...wha 3 Tunze already ah.... :o....like that cannot add anymore liao.... :lol:

yeah lor otherwise the LPS all get blown away mine one only everything topsy turvy inside when I increase wave motion..... :lol: