6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

Really I wasn't expecting skimmate like this!!! Does the color in the photo match what you see visually?

Frags? No problem.... it'll be a long way to go before my tank is fully stocked as I will only be hunting for the more exotic SPS from now on rather than just blind buying any stock that looks good to me :P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Yup match... i think its more gross in real-life.. hehehe.. my wife dont even want to look at it after she caught a glimpse of it... makes her feel like puking...

on a side note, wonder when I can join the Tang club.. hehehe

• SRC Member

I have a large Sailfin and a Kole.. more for algae control now.. also added a black cuke that seems to be clearing up the sandbed constantly.. which is a good thing.. hehehe

Hows your Sohal behaving? any catfights with yer other established resident tangs?

glad to hear your cuke is working well. I still dare not buy one :P My sandbed is pretty clean too so probably leave things as it is.

The sohal been pretty peaceful so far, no fights except as usual the salifin thinks it's the big boss there and tries to be funny with new additions but this time it got ignored by the sohal :P

• SRC Member
Tank pic cannot be shown cos its dreadful with a lot of algae on the sandbed etc etc.. hopefully can show the tank in a few weeks time :)

Hi AlfaRomeo,

I knew you have bought the "Algae: A Problem Solver Guide". Does it help you a lot?

• SRC Member

No lah, I am a newbie to reefing and still got lots to learn.. until my head is about to burst liao.. hehehe... tons of stuff and doing my best to keep the inhabitants happy in my tank... :)

In fact, this is my first reef/marine tank ever...

• SRC Member
Bro, didnt buy it lah.

Still experiencing new tank syndrome as my tank is about 3-4 montsh old only... Algae on sandbed seems to be improving tho..

but do you have many fishes inside and you feed alot?

else the algae problem shouldn't be too serious.

You have a refugim?

• SRC Member

Did you measure your PO4 level?

there are contributor to algae too...I dun really agree that all new tank will have this syndrome. Yes, you may faced them for 1-2 weeks, but they should be come and go kind. Once they establish in your tank, it is very difficult to cure it.

there are contributor to algae too...I dun really agree that all new tank will have this syndrome. Yes, you may faced them for 1-2 weeks, but they should be come and go kind. Once they establish in your tank, it is very difficult to cure it.

to a certain extent, they do appear in all new tanks. how severe is a different issue altogether. (=

Bro,

Saw your tank today and it's very clean and nice, not a single patch of algae spotted!!! Really excellent :P I love it!

Hope your PBT can make it thru the white spots.

The new tank syndrome has been abused so much so that many reefer thinks that it is alright to have an algae jungle in their reef because their tank are still going thru that phase :P

• SRC Member

Bro,

Saw your tank today and it's very clean and nice, not a single patch of algae spotted!!! Really excellent :P I love it!

Hope your PBT can make it thru the white spots.

The new tank syndrome has been abused so much so that many reefer thinks that it is alright to have an algae jungle in their reef because their tank are still going thru that phase :P

Thanks...btw, my tank is only setup in 1 April 04! :blink:

fully cycled without any chemical....

gone thru the algae stage within 2 weeks, using 1kg of biophos and 1kg of Contro. K. to control! :lol:

NO3 still at 12.5mg/l, only parameter to fight now... :evil:

That's why I'm concern abt experts' advises in forum... :angel:

Hope the PBT can make it...will start garlic soaked food tonight.

Thanks...btw, my tank is only setup in 1 April 04! 

fully cycled without any chemical....

gone thru the algae stage within 2 weeks, using 1kg of biophos and 1kg of Contro. K. to control! 

ah..... that's almost 2 months old :P But if you can keep the PO4 down and keep the nitrates low then should be able to control the algae.

My setup 5 months + now and luckily besides a little bit of algae during the first two months, I do not have any since then. I attribute this to the use of heavy skimming, rowaphos to keep PO4 at 0. Reduce feeding for my fishes and high high current so there is no waste built up leading to nitrate problem.

Now my NO3 is 0.1 to 0.2ppm and PO4 as usual 0 ppm :P