What should we add to intensify the color of zoos?

qwertman321

• SRC Member

Juz brought some frags of zoos back from langkawi but my zoos lose some of their color during

the 2 days on my way back, what should we add to bring back the color of the zoos?

There are 4 different color frag of zoos i brought home ,

turqiose blue/green polyp with brown skirt and green mouth,

milky white skirt with pink polyp and white mouth,

brown skirt with dark blue polyp and brown mouth and

lime green skirt with full red polyp .

There a VERY VERY nice zoo but i could not reach it , it is too deep :cry2::cry2::cry2:

the whole polyp of the zoos from the skirt to the mouth is same colr , lime green !!! soooooo nice!!!!!

theres another zoos which is full milky white with many red stripes on the polyp , super duper nice too but no time to take :cry2:

• SRC Member
Juz brought some frags of zoos back from langkawi but my zoos lose some of their color during

the 2 days on my way back, what should we add to bring back the color of the zoos?

There are 4 different color frag of zoos i brought home ,

turqiose blue/green polyp with brown skirt and green mouth,

milky white skirt with pink polyp and white mouth,

brown skirt with dark blue polyp and brown mouth and

lime green skirt with full red polyp .

There a VERY VERY nice zoo but i could not reach it , it is too deep :cry2::cry2::cry2:

the whole polyp of the zoos from the skirt to the mouth is same colr , lime green !!! soooooo nice!!!!!

theres another zoos which is full milky white with many red stripes on the polyp , super duper nice too but no time to take :cry2:

Help pls :(

• SRC Member

it's hard to keep zoas harvested from their natural habitats because of the strong and rich natural sunlight they are exposed to which is hard to duplicate unless you are using MH which is, to a certain extend quite close. and also the abundance of trace elements, planktons, micro-organisms that provide food for them and very low nutrient levels and crystal clear waters. and natural predators to keep them off from zoas eating nudis.

chances are yr zoas will start to shrink day by day and either they melt away, or they will just close up and you are left with "dead" zoa rocks in yr tank.

sorry for being direct...i ever went to tioman and some of the islands around there and was told not to harvest corals for such reasons, that their survival rate will be low and also destroying their tourism trade if everyone starts to harvest corals.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
it's hard to keep zoas harvested from their natural habitats because of the strong and rich natural sunlight they are exposed to which is hard to duplicate unless you are using MH which is, to a certain extend quite close. and also the abundance of trace elements, planktons, micro-organisms that provide food for them and very low nutrient levels and crystal clear waters. and natural predators to keep them off from zoas eating nudis.

chances are yr zoas will start to shrink day by day and either they melt away, or they will just close up and you are left with "dead" zoa rocks in yr tank.

sorry for being direct...i ever went to tioman and some of the islands around there and was told not to harvest corals for such reasons, that their survival rate will be low and also destroying their tourism trade if everyone starts to harvest corals.

:mellow: ok i will see how my zoos go, luckily i took onli 4 head per frag . :thanks: for advise

the zoas u mention seems like from GO,

all of them spotted at GO before haha!

goodluck ;)

I am lost again. Thought he harvested from Langkawi?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Don't mind me asking - how did you manage to pass through customs with your frags? :blink:

:ph34r::ph34r: So ... u wanna learn the art of smuggling corals! hahaha juz take a water bottle, put the frag inside, fill it up all with water

until no air bubbles are present so it will look like juz green beans in a bottle through X-ray :peace:

• SRC Member
Don't mind me asking - how did you manage to pass through customs with your frags? :blink:

somewhere in between the legs?...hahaha

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member

91litres,

ur actions cannot be tolerated. dun do that again and posting here to get other people influenced. even if you did again, you are just asking for trouble for urself by publicly telling others what you illegally did in a public forum.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

The discussion here is going off topic. moreover, this issue is NOT allowed to be discussed in an open forum. what you have said is illegal and not only portray you in a bad name, but reflects badly on the community also. i hope you learn that what u did is wrong and u should never take anything from the wild. let alone blatantly showcase here. your tone and action reflects to me you are proud of what you did and not remorserful. even wan to teach the "art of smuggling"

this topic shall be locked until further notice/actions.