Clownfish Turning Radioactive?

Hey guys, noticed that my Clownfish has been turning a little luminous yellow-green on the underside of her belly (as circled in picture below)

Clownfish.jpg

She has been like that since 2 days ago, but doing well eating like a pig and behaving like a chao Ah Lian scraping for food with my gangster Chromises during feeding.

Her poo used to be white when I first got her, but once she started feeding normally her poo turned normal. Last check - brown-red poo. Normal right?

I've only seen one or two Common Clowns in a LFS looking a little greenish-yellow on the bottom of their bellies before, but didn't ask the LFS owners what this could be indicative of.

I'm quite sure it's not the lighting.

I've tried googling this phenomenon, but came up with nothing.

She's not turning radioactive, is she? :rolleyes:

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• SRC Member

lol ah lians like to scrape for food meh?

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

lol ah lians like to scrape for food meh?

still having major issues trying to relate clownfish to Ah Lian!

Personal joke really. I mean, if my Chromises behave like thuggish Ah Bengs fighting for food with the Clownfish (who, by the way, is no slouch either) during feeding time, going by that same logic, the Clown should be a Lian lah. She's the bigger female mah :eyebrow:

Jokes aside, you guys ever spotted such coloration on clowns before?

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• SRC Member
DSLR!!!

with a bloody fast lens! off topic

btw, my guess will be it eating too much that its tummy is stretches out. so the color pigment got stretches as well.

thats my guess.

but if that fella its eating well, it should be of no problem.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

How do u guys take such clear and nice photos of the fish when they swim so fast!!!! :)

Nice nemo. :) :) :)

DSLR!!!

with a bloody fast lens! off topic

btw, my guess will be it eating too much that its tummy is stretches out. so the color pigment got stretches as well.

thats my guess.

but if that fella its eating well, it should be of no problem.

Yes that was taken with my office DSLR - not the best, but it'll have to do coz I'm 'cameral-ess' at the moment.

Nikon D80 with kit lens, shutter speed 1/160s, aperture f5.6, ISO1250 for those who're interested in what settings the picture was shot in.

Lens is pretty mediocre so I had to compensate by setting the variables manually (bump up the ISO and shutter speed) in order to catch her and her radioactive tummy hahahah. OT liao.

I think LaW is probably right - she might be eating a little too much ... gotta think of a way to feed my gangster Chromises and the rest of my fishies separately so that they start feeding in a more civilized manner! And also in order for the less aggressive inhabitants to get their share as well.