Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

Hey Tench, it's a normal RBTA... and I surrounded it with zoos and a tonga torch as my Tomato clown constantly flips the sand away so to prevent him from doing so... I surround him with corals to prevent that gangster of a fish from flipping sand! :P

Yeah the AT is really making itself feel at home.. Swimming around all the time, pecking and grazing on the rocks constantly... loving the Nori and pellets that fall down.. :P

My golden rhmboid which had passed on because of the swollen eye and NOW my Yellow Tang has swollen eye .. I just realised it about 2 days ago when I shone my torch light into the tank at night and saw how BIG the YT's eye was! :( What on earth is going on.. is this some sort of an illness that could spread from fish to fish OR it's an accident like it scratched itself or something and it has to heal on it's own? ARUGH!!! :cry:

Most likely is the fish scratched it eye and bac infected, if the water condition is good, it should recover on it own.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

Most likely is the fish scratched it eye and bac infected, if the water condition is good, it should recover on it own.

yeah, just check if you see it scratching against rocks ... my male flame had this for a while, recovered already. hope your YT recovers as well.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

Wow! Nice AT you have there!

Cool pink Anemone, surrounded with zoas and Octo you have there! Whats the name call? :idea:

It's called torch coral from the recent Iwarna shipment, we got 2, 1 of them is green, the other slightly pinkish.

• SRC Member

swollen eye probably due to internal bacteria infection...there's medicine to stop this

how's your strawberry cauliflower? still holding up?...

Strawberry cauli not doing very well.. havent die but never expand much..

• SRC Member

Strawberry cauli not doing very well.. havent die but never expand much..

ok....did u dose any plankton food?

btw, that looks like a pink RBTA to me rather than a torch....interesting...u sure its not rbta?...haha...coz the tentacles look slim and does not have a ball at end of the tip...

l7304smr.jpg

Hey Tench, it's a normal RBTA... and I surrounded it with zoos and a tonga torch as my Tomato clown constantly flips the sand away so to prevent him from doing so... I surround him with corals to prevent that gangster of a fish from flipping sand! :P

Yeah the AT is really making itself feel at home.. Swimming around all the time, pecking and grazing on the rocks constantly... loving the Nori and pellets that fall down.. :P

My golden rhmboid which had passed on because of the swollen eye and NOW my Yellow Tang has swollen eye .. I just realised it about 2 days ago when I shone my torch light into the tank at night and saw how BIG the YT's eye was! :( What on earth is going on.. is this some sort of an illness that could spread from fish to fish OR it's an accident like it scratched itself or something and it has to heal on it's own? ARUGH!!! :cry:

It's called torch coral from the recent Iwarna shipment, we got 2, 1 of them is green, the other slightly pinkish.

Eh, So is it a RBTA or Touch Coral? heehee im confused. ;P

The Tomato Clown must be trying to adjust its territory, thats why keep disturbing your corals. But its a nice move to shift the zoas, but be careful, as if the RBTA grows, your zoas will be affected..

• SRC Member

i also feel that the pink one is a rbta :lol: a torch head shouldn't be so big and there should be multiple heads too.

is that really an octo beside the zoas? it looks like an lps from iwarna that came in quite recently. i don't think its an octo if it really is that lps. more like a fatter polyp galaxy to me :pinch:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

waahh...getting into sps huh?!...."see only, not buying"...this is just illusion created by our minds...there's no way, anybody will walk out empty handed from Dr Ang's clinic...n i'm glad so far i have not go there as the magnetic force is not so strong between my place and the clinic...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks peeps.. but the thing is SPS is just to try... not sure whether I can maintain the colors as my tank is predominantly FISHES and LPS so I feed... VERY VERY often. High nutrient water.. :P So if the SPS survive.... I will be as happy as pigs in the mud....

anyway Terryz, that day @ RB got for my Pico Tank a small rock, small strawberry cauliflower and Comycus gave me a small part of his zoos that he bought. :) Here is a pic of my IQ5 at office. BOss gave approval for a mini tank. :) I just threw in a NArsi snail and purple fusion zoos in the front.. haven't open yet.. hahaha

post-12571-0-81462900-1295402050_thumb.j

post-12571-0-95395300-1295402053_thumb.j

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Ah Har... It all started out with a "try" for SPS. But once you see some growth, that's when u get poisoned!

Quite a few gems already huh. Keep the pictures coming and see you at the clinic soon...

I also haven't been there for awhile, time to see the doc once I add more real estate (live rocks, not new tank)..

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

the sps intoxication stages as follows:

1) see see only

2) try try

3) poison liao...

4) start buying doing pump / ca reactor

5) start converting the LPS to sps

6) welcome to the dark side...u have reached based camp

Wahahahaha very true. I think I just reach the base camp. <_<

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

I think if you keep going Dr Ang's place, very soon you will be in Mt Everest... :)

Our SPS is mainly frags from other reefers.. bought 3 from AM to try since only S$60 but my main purpose is actually some space for the clown gobyies to hide and rest/perch. So far so good and the clown gobies already hide there sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Quick update of our fishes :)

Stocklist 8-Feb-11

Fish Quantity

Blue Tang 1

Yellow Tang 1

Archilles Tang 1

Flame Wrasse - Male 1

Golden Rhomboid - Male 1

Lineatus Wrasse - Male 1

Lineatus Wrasse - Female 1

Green wrasse 1

Yellow wrasse 2

Cleaner wrasse 1

Vanuatu flasher wrasse 1

Six Line wrasse 1

Two spot goby 2

Algae Blenny 1

Midas Blenny 1

Purple firefish 1

Tomato clownfish (in sump) 1

Barlett Anthias - Male 5

Barlett Anthias - Female 1

Flamehawk 1

Total number of fishes 26

• SRC Member

Ah Siang... Outside pond cannot la... :P That said, one of my goldfish just passed away.. I think it's indigestion... must go find out why and how to prevent.

The 2 two-spot gobies are doing ok. One is more daring and out sifting sands when lights on while the other only when lights off/dim. The vanuatu flasher also hide under the rock most of the time but surviving...

I forget to add in my one small Clown Goby... so we have 27 fishes :P

Ah Siang... Outside pond cannot la... :P That said, one of my goldfish just passed away.. I think it's indigestion... must go find out why and how to prevent.

The 2 two-spot gobies are doing ok. One is more daring and out sifting sands when lights on while the other only when lights off/dim. The vanuatu flasher also hide under the rock most of the time but surviving...

I forget to add in my one small Clown Goby... so we have 27 fishes :P

27!! tats a lot! bt i like :D reminds me of my old 3 ft

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller