Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Supporter
now you have both fishes that i regretted to have in my tank, green wrasse & sixline wrasse :upsidedown:

my sixline is now even chasing my purple queen anthias!

AND i WARN you now, later dont go and buy royal dottyback (while you thought you are buying a royal gramma )

hahaha +1, i too had this experience, one dotty back and thats it.... when it died, no replacement. :P

• SRC Member
hahaha +1, i too had this experience, one dotty back and thats it.... when it died, no replacement. :P

you will never believe,

one dottyback could turn my whole tank "upside down"..

never ever try :pirate:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

Just took some pics again... of my tangs cheonging for seaweed.. hee hee they are so cute I can't help it but take pics..

post-12571-1266755886_thumb.jpg

post-12571-1266755908_thumb.jpg

post-12571-1266755921_thumb.jpg

ANd today I used the Coral RX on one of the rocks which my Cat's eye bubble is perched on and I found 3 little critters which crawled out after 6 mins of soaking.. I'm sure there's more, it's just that with my naked eye that's all I can see!

post-12571-1266756093_thumb.jpg

post-12571-1266756103_thumb.jpg

Threw them down the kitchen sink! :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

ANd today I used the Coral RX on one of the rocks which my Cat's eye bubble is perched on and I found 3 little critters which crawled out after 6 mins of soaking.. I'm sure there's more, it's just that with my naked eye that's all I can see!

post-12571-1266756093_thumb.jpg

post-12571-1266756103_thumb.jpg

Threw them down the kitchen sink! :P

hi desi, how is this diff from freshwater?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

out of 3 three pest you found, 1 is a parasitic isopod that prey on the blood of fish.

wilson, coral rx works better than FW, because you can dip all corals in a mixture of seawater + coral rx, for extended period of times up to hours even. for freshwater, you are only limited to zoanthids and certain other soft corals.

and coral rx removes more pests since you dip it longer.

• SRC Member
out of 3 three pest you found, 1 is a parasitic isopod that prey on the blood of fish.

ZOMG!!!!!!!! That means my tank has more!!!!!!!! ARUGH!!! If only I had dipped EVERYTHING in the coral RX before... :P I bet it's the round round look like beetle one right? ARUGH!!!!!!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

wilson, coral rx works better than FW, because you can dip all corals in a mixture of seawater + coral rx, for extended period of times up to hours even. for freshwater, you are only limited to zoanthids and certain other soft corals.

and coral rx removes more pests since you dip it longer.

oic... thanx thanks... i now dump all my zoas + mushroom for a 10min bath before placing in main tank.

sometimes, the mushies don't survive, but i definitely see lotsa 'pests' jumping outta the rocks.

Sometimes i even managed to catch bristleworms...

but i guess its time to check out Coral RX! Is this exclusive to any LFS? or selling everywhere?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
oic... thanx thanks... i now dump all my zoas + mushroom for a 10min bath before placing in main tank.

sometimes, the mushies don't survive, but i definitely see lotsa 'pests' jumping outta the rocks.

Sometimes i even managed to catch bristleworms...

but i guess its time to check out Coral RX! Is this exclusive to any LFS? or selling everywhere?

Reef Depot and Fresh n Marine sells it.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Just checked, RD sells...but 1 oz for 5 Red.... O.O

How about Furan-2 ?

Fresh n Marine and C328 (Clementi Florist).

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
Just checked, RD sells...but 1 oz for 5 Red.... O.O

How about Furan-2 ?

furan 2 is a controlled product and can only be obtained from C328. becareful using it. it kills bacteria and is ineffective against pests. when furaning, use in a separate container. doese in maintank and you can kiss your tank goodbye.

coral RX is expensive but its one of the most, in fact, IMO, the BEST way to effectively remove all pests. FW dips are only limited to 10 mins or less and this period of time is ineffective againsts pests hidden deep within the rock. moreover, FW dips will kill almost all corals except zoas.

coral rx can be used for hours and no adverse effects will be observed. within this period of time, all pests will be irritated by the coral rx and will emerge out of the rocks. some might die and some might not. important thing is all will get out. and best still, there's a nice scent to go with it! haha. smells like lemon to me but according to everyone else, dettol. coral rx removes everything from nudis, flatworms, bristleworms, fireworms, pods, and etc.

• SRC Member
coral rx can be used for hours and no adverse effects will be observed. within this period of time, all pests will be irritated by the coral rx and will emerge out of the rocks. some might die and some might not. important thing is all will get out. and best still, there's a nice scent to go with it! haha. smells like lemon to me but according to everyone else, dettol. coral rx removes everything from nudis, flatworms, bristleworms, fireworms, pods, and etc.

HEY! It smells like strong lemon to me too!!!!! LOL I would have soaked the rock with my bubble a bit longer but my bubble looked a bit shrivelled after 6-7 mins so I took it out, washed it with sea water before putting it back in the tank. Thank goodness it looks fine after 2-3 hours back in the tank.. a bit smaller but no worse for wear! At least I got that stupid parasitic thingy out! :angry2:

:thanks: Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

A pic of our super suns when lights out! :P love it... this isn't very long actually as it was just after target feeding.. sometimes at night it really STRETCHES! :)

post-12571-1266933232_thumb.jpg

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member
A pic of our super suns when lights out! :P love it... this isn't very long actually as it was just after target feeding.. sometimes at night it really STRETCHES! :)

You should see jackys super suns...the tentacles stretch suuuuuupppppeeerrrr long.... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

You should see jackys super suns...the tentacles stretch suuuuuupppppeeerrrr long.... :eyebrow:

all supersuns about the same one lah .. :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
all supersuns about the same one lah .. :)

All are the same except yours... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

post-12571-1266933232_thumb.jpg

very nice!

Should try to train ur suns to open in the day. It looks really stunning.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|