Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member
D&K

DT pods available at GO now!

Brother, I BUY ALREADY!! Went today specifically to buy the pods AND oyster eggs!!! HAHAHAHAHAH :) Also got Coral RX from RD today too... :) KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pirate:

Cheers,

Desi :upsidedown:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
Brother, I BUY ALREADY!! Went today specifically to buy the pods AND oyster eggs!!! HAHAHAHAHAH :) Also got Coral RX from RD today too... :) KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pirate:

Cheers,

So fast cheong down to buy liao... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
ya... FAST HANDS FAST LEGS :upsidedown:

other things very S L O W :eyebrow:

Where got? Everything fast fast... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Cheers,

why you buy coral Rx? kenna already or just use as precaution :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Coral RX is for dipping corals in before putting the corals into your tank. It will get rid of pests residing in the live rocks.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

I got it from Reef Depot. And this is for future use when I get more corals.. there is MORE SPACE! :P Sid from RD demoed to me the product and waaahhh saw all kinds of stuff coming out of a rock of zoos... :P

Anyway, today Ketchup and I ittchy hand and leg went to reborn ( after telling my parents to have lunch @ eminent plaza food center)... and we got ourselves 3 wrasses...:P pictures courtsey of Liveaquaria and marinecenter.com, my camera no bat.. so can't take pic so now just kapok from websites!

- 6 line wrasse ( the one we got about an inch long)

post-12571-1266657569_thumb.jpg

- 8 line wrasse ( about 1.5 inches)

post-12571-1266657709_thumb.jpg

- Laboutei fairy Wrasse ( ADULT! about 4 inches long! Will get a shot of him when I get the chance!)

post-12571-1266657638_thumb.jpg

All 3 were eating when i threw food into the tank after release into the new home. I think Ketchup has kissed goodbye his Powder Blue... now he wants small small fishes.

cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

I got it from Reef Depot. And this is for future use when I get more corals.. there is MORE SPACE! :P Sid from RD demoed to me the product and waaahhh saw all kinds of stuff coming out of a rock of zoos... :P

Anyway, today Ketchup and I ittchy hand and leg went to reborn ( after telling my parents to have lunch @ eminent plaza food center)... and we got ourselves 3 wrasses...:P pictures courtsey of Liveaquaria and marinecenter.com, my camera no bat.. so can't take pic so now just kapok from websites!

- 6 line wrasse ( the one we got about an inch long)

post-12571-1266657569_thumb.jpg

- 8 line wrasse ( about 1.5 inches)

post-12571-1266657709_thumb.jpg

- Laboutei fairy Wrasse ( ADULT! about 4 inches long! Will get a shot of him when I get the chance!)

post-12571-1266657638_thumb.jpg

All 3 were eating when i threw food into the tank after release into the new home. I think Ketchup has kissed goodbye his Powder Blue... now he wants small small fishes.

cheers,

Desi

wah nice wrasse especially the third pic!! Now going into full wrasse collection?? :eyebrow:

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member
wah nice wrasse especially the third pic!! Now going into full wrasse collection?? :eyebrow:

haha,.. no la.. just going into small fishes since i decided not too add any more big fishes... so no more Powder Blue until we upgrade the tank to 6 ft or bigger... So wrasses, anthias, gobies and maybe small angels lor.. :eyebrow:

haha,.. no la.. just going into small fishes since i decided not too add any more big fishes... so no more Powder Blue until we upgrade the tank to 6 ft or bigger... So wrasses, anthias, gobies and maybe small angels lor.. :eyebrow:

Angels ah?? is a hit and miss thingy.....sigh...miss my majestic angel (love to nip at corals)... <_<

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

p-38754-wrasse.jpg

Hooded Fairy Wrasse

(Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus)

very nice colours.. maybe will try and get this next :)

p-89159-Lineatus-Fairy-Male.jpg

Lineatus Fairy Wrasse

(Cirrhilabrus lineatus)

and of course lineatus.. so nice!

maybe some flasher wrasses as well.. like mcCoskers etc... i think kanna influenced by Lemon's tank liaoz :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

coolz, ur tank will be very colourful with lots of small fishes :lol:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

ok camera batt charged.. here are some pics of the new fishes.. the 8 line has disappeared.. I think it has burrowed into the sand for some R&R... :P So here are pics of mainly the fairy wrasse and the first 2 have the 6 line in it. Can you spot the 6 line in the background for the first pic? :P

post-12571-1266661541_thumb.jpg post-12571-1266661586_thumb.jpg

post-12571-1266661638_thumb.jpg

The Fairy wrasse has kicked out the fire fish from his cave.. LOL HE TOOK OVER! :P

post-12571-1266661651_thumb.jpg

ok THat;s ALL FOLKS!!! ( looney tunes as background music!)

Cheers,

D&K!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• Senior Reefer

wow. not to be a wet blanket but the 6 line and 8 line will be absolute terrors once established. pseudochileinus wrasses, dont mess with them. adding other wrasses especially fairys and flashers might be a problem. have lost hundreds of $$ worth of jumping wrasses due to an 8 line.

proper introduction of future wrasse must be done in order for lesser aggression. think should be fine since your tank is large. the hooded and lineatus are next on my list but sad to say, won't be expecting the hooded anytime soon... vanuatu shipments are on halt now island wide for a really long time now..and not sure when it will be available again. lineatus is still a possibility in future aussy shipments!

welcome to the wrasse club! they're beautiful fishes to own and really great show stoppers

• SRC Member

thanks lemon... ya i read about the 6 line and 8 line that can be more aggresive but i figured they will be relatively small size compared to all our other fishes and we have a fairly big tank so should be fine. That said, i want to get a few more pieces of nice live rock so that the fishes have more hiding place..

I totally agree with you on the colours... they are absolutely the most colourful fishes...

One question though... our tank is not hooded but is full cabinet so technically it should be fairly safe for any jumpers right? worst case is land on bracing (2 inches) and shd wriggle back into the water right?

• SRC Member

Thanks lemon for the advice. it's ok... Right now it's all just "ideas" ketchup has.. I am currently already feeling that the tank looks a wee bit crowded already... Especially since we have not introduced our powder brown yet for another 2 more weeks in QT! So we will take a breather for now in terms of fish.. I HOPE!!!!

And yes, it's all due to your tank which has made us WANT to get involved with wrasses.. hopefully the fishes in my tank kiss each other too.. :P Oh, I saw the green wrasse challenge the 8 line wrasse .. nothing too serious, just posturing and giving the 8 line the SMOOCHING of the lips action! oh, well both are more or less the same size so I doubt any harm would come of it besides the posturing... :P

Cheers,

Desi :eyebrow:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• Senior Reefer

in time the 6 line will dominate haha!

hmm no lah my wrasse collection more or less complete. only need a final few touches to complete.

now have

1x rhomboid

1x laboutei

1x flame

1x solar

1x carpenter flasher

1x flaviana|is flasher

4x female flashers

1x yellow wrasse

1x royal pencil wrasse

1x mccosker's flasher.

omg i just realised 90% of my fishes are wrasses. and i still want at least another 2-3 :(

• SRC Member
in time the 6 line will dominate haha!

agreed! no matter how small and timid it is now, it'd change soon. i've lost 3 leopard wrasses (~3"), 1 banana (2.5") and 1 hawaiian pin stripe (2") to a less than 1.5" sixline. and those are only the ones i remember :unsure:

• SRC Member
agreed! no matter how small and timid it is now, it'd change soon. i've lost 3 leopard wrasses (~3"), 1 banana (2.5") and 1 hawaiian pin stripe (2") to a less than 1.5" sixline. and those are only the ones i remember :unsure:

oh dear... WHAT HAVE WE DONE!!! it's all ketchup's IDEA! :P

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member
haha... honestly i think keeping fish is like buying toto... never know which will strike or strike out!

speaking of that, i m going to buy toto :lol:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...