Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member
what happened to it? Jumper?

well, it was in betta box with a few other new additions, then on sunday morning it was floating dead :nuke::wacko: So sad i lost my green and yellow/purpose wrasses.

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

as far as i understand except may grow to abt 7-8 inches..

mine grow from 3cm to the length of your blue tang in just 10month and now is the gangster in my tank.

I had tried many times to catch it out, but it always outsmarts me...(and now i felt so guilty of killing him in the night in the sands)

green wrasse can be aggressive when grow too big.....and the green will fald....hence u might want to reconsider if got a chance. Yellow wrasse, radiant, etc not that agressive. Personal experience. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Senior Reefer
well, it was in betta box with a few other new additions, then on sunday morning it was floating dead :nuke::wacko: So sad i lost my green and yellow/purpose wrasses.

dont put sand wrasses into betta box.. it will stress them. they need sand to sleep in and feel secure when stressed.

• SRC Member

well, i'll monitor and see how it goes.. at the moment the green wrasse is actually one of the smaller fishes in my tank so hopefully they won't go hostile when they grow...

This morning found our yellow watchman goby dead... not sure why, no sign of injury or anything...

• SRC Member

one question.... our Powder Brown Tang in the QT seems to be not eating at all, so far fed him swaweed flakes, pellets and seaweed on clip but i hardly see him eat anything at all... we even add in a piece of liverock with a bit of algae hoping he would graze but nothing seems to work..

Any idea what else can we try? He seems healthy though... no sign of ich nor is he very agitated.... just swimming around and not eating. <_<

one question.... our Powder Brown Tang in the QT seems to be not eating at all, so far fed him swaweed flakes, pellets and seaweed on clip but i hardly see him eat anything at all... we even add in a piece of liverock with a bit of algae hoping he would graze but nothing seems to work..

Any idea what else can we try? He seems healthy though... no sign of ich nor is he very agitated.... just swimming around and not eating. <_<

Hi Bro, what abt garlic? Kent extreme garlic? Just a suggestion though....used to haf a powder brown tang with the same problem.... :upsidedown:

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

where did you get your powder brown from? was he feeding on anything already? Would be good to feed him the same stuff he's been feeding on at the LFS.

They might take some time to adjust to your qt and start feeding. Soaking your seaweed in garlic is a good idea. Have you tried Henry's food?

• SRC Member
where did you get your powder brown from? was he feeding on anything already? Would be good to feed him the same stuff he's been feeding on at the LFS.

They might take some time to adjust to your qt and start feeding. Soaking your seaweed in garlic is a good idea. Have you tried Henry's food?

Bought from CF.. did not check with Auntie on whats he's feeding on as he looks healthy enough...

I think he may have nipped at the pellets we thrown in as i don't see much on the bottom now.. Go home tonight and check again.

Bought from CF.. did not check with Auntie on whats he's feeding on as he looks healthy enough...

I think he may have nipped at the pellets we thrown in as i don't see much on the bottom now.. Go home tonight and check again.

I usually start with some cyclopeeze + Henry's food and mixed in with some pellets. Gradually reduce Henry's and cyclopeeze.

My fish (even my cleaner wrasse!) are all on pellets, with weekend henry's treats. Pellets are on auto timer. Used to be 3x daily. Now reduced to 2.

Hope it helps.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Unless you are buying hot fishes on shipment day, I suggest to always check if they are feeding first. A big, fat healthy fish can slowly waste away if "suay suay" just cannot be weaned to processed food. I have encountered this before and was v. depressing to see my fish grow skinnier by the day until up lorry, which took more than a month.

But it sounds like your powder blue is starting to recognise pellets as food. Tt's one of the advantages of a qt tank, they start picking on rocks / bb and learn to eat what you feed them. Don't give in to temptation and let him in earlier yeah? :)

• SRC Member
Unless you are buying hot fishes on shipment day, I suggest to always check if they are feeding first. A big, fat healthy fish can slowly waste away if "suay suay" just cannot be weaned to processed food. I have encountered this before and was v. depressing to see my fish grow skinnier by the day until up lorry, which took more than a month.

But it sounds like your powder blue is starting to recognise pellets as food. Tt's one of the advantages of a qt tank, they start picking on rocks / bb and learn to eat what you feed them. Don't give in to temptation and let him in earlier yeah? :)

yeah... i always get too excited and never ask them to demo feeding! lol...

It's Powder Brown la... bro.. Powder Blue... must wait even longer :P

Ya.. hopefully he start eating la.. shd be quite hopeful as i think the pellets and food cannot dissappear elsewhere right? Tonight maybe check the pvc piping that i put in to stack up the rock for him to have some "privacy". Scarely, he sweep everything inside.. :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
I usually start with some cyclopeeze + Henry's food and mixed in with some pellets. Gradually reduce Henry's and cyclopeeze.

My fish (even my cleaner wrasse!) are all on pellets, with weekend henry's treats. Pellets are on auto timer. Used to be 3x daily. Now reduced to 2.

Hope it helps.

Well, i think we will try everything lor... once he starts eating then i not so worried :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
yeah... i always get too excited and never ask them to demo feeding! lol...

It's Powder Brown la... bro.. Powder Blue... must wait even longer :P

Ya.. hopefully he start eating la.. shd be quite hopeful as i think the pellets and food cannot dissappear elsewhere right? Tonight maybe check the pvc piping that i put in to stack up the rock for him to have some "privacy". Scarely, he sweep everything inside.. :upsidedown:

haha oops I'm too excited thinking about powder blue... :paiseh: Hoping I can find a small healthy one in future to fit into my tank.

btw how is your qt tank setup? care to share?

• SRC Member
haha oops I'm too excited thinking about powder blue... :paiseh: Hoping I can find a small healthy one in future to fit into my tank.

btw how is your qt tank setup? care to share?

Our QT? basically is our old 2 ft tank... size shd be 2X1.5X1 iirc... we fixed the old cheapo light from J**** that comes with the old 2 ft tank since it's fish only tank. We hook up a UV that is on 24/7 (i think is the 6w one? our main tank UV is the 24w iirc) and we are using our red sea prizm skimmer, also from our 2 ft tank.

We aim to keep the Powder Brown for a mth in the QT before putting in the main tank. Will do the same again if we get a Powder Blue...

If we can get both Powder Brown and Powder Blue, then the QT mainly will convert back to a small tank keeping some simple fishes... gobies/clownfishes i think.. or just decom lor.

• SRC Supporter
Well, i think we will try everything lor... once he starts eating then i not so worried :eyebrow:

if need to, come to my place, i pass u some Henry's Reef Gourmet to try... all ready packed in those small tablet boxes, one box per feed...:)

All my established fishes will snatch them from my fingers, new ones are already eating just after one day of fasting!!!!

• SRC Member

hey all, thanks for the suggestions, I have tried the following

- soaking mysis with garlic guard and then squirt a bit in... he swam right through the rain of mysis...

- Dr Basseler's flakes also swim right by

- Ocean nutrition Form 1 Pellets swim right by...

- ignoring seaweed ( but didn't soak in garlic, will try that)

- tried henry's gourmet Advantage but without garlic guard also dun wan

:cry2:

so worried :wacko:

I will try again tonight when I get home with henry's gourmet with garlic guard... and pray.. the food seems to be disappearing but I NEVER se ehim eat.... WHERE could it have gone! :P

:unsure:

Desi

oh and btw, our red sez prizm skimmer has a media basket and I put in some filter media as well... also using hyposalinity treatment.. right now the SG is actually quite high as we mixed water from our DT with freshly made salt water so it's 1.024 but I intend to reduce to 1.017 or something and leave the Powder brown for 30 days... if it survives.... /sigh

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

if u wan a powder blue, sell off the powder brown.... else u have to get a powder blue that is very much bigger than ur powder brown....

I think ketchup will be more than happy to accomodate to that detail.. :eyeblur:

:paiseh: Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
I think ketchup will be more than happy to accomodate to that detail.. :eyeblur:

:paiseh: Desi

always remember, they r realli fierce tang.....added an angel juz now.....none of my tangs were interested except for my powder blue.....chasing him non stop.....my hybrid powder tang was also stressed by the powder blue until up lorry

• SRC Member

always remember, they r realli fierce tang.....added an angel juz now.....none of my tangs were interested except for my powder blue.....chasing him non stop.....my hybrid powder tang was also stressed by the powder blue until up lorry

wah piangz... how big is your tank and teh PBT?

• SRC Member

tank is 4 2 2, n the powder blue abt 3"

It's only 3 inches and it's SO FIERCE?! WAH BIANGZ eh.... then I guess Ketchup would have to kiss goodbye his powder blue... until the NEXT tank .. hopefully...upgrade in a couple of years time....... and next time, it will be condenser chiller to prevent ANY chiller problem.. <_<

:thanks:

Desi.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member
It's only 3 inches and it's SO FIERCE?! WAH BIANGZ eh.... then I guess Ketchup would have to kiss goodbye his powder blue... until the NEXT tank .. hopefully...upgrade in a couple of years time....... and next time, it will be condenser chiller to prevent ANY chiller problem.. <_<

:thanks:

Desi.

Upgrade in couple of years huh? Thought you would say upgrade in a couple of days... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.