Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member

I added it in December courtsey of a fellow office reefer. :) it was a small branching frag but now become a very very big mao mao colony. :)

Got a small bicolor birdsnest from a fellow reefer Ahlee which has also grown but not as big as the pink one.

It's already 3.40pm but where is the rain!! AARRGGHH!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

I added it in December courtsey of a fellow office reefer. :) it was a small branching frag but now become a very very big mao mao colony. :)

Got a small bicolor birdsnest from a fellow reefer Ahlee which has also grown but not as big as the pink one.

It's already 3.40pm but where is the rain!! AARRGGHH!

then means you have a green thumb .. i mean pink thumb ... SPS thumb .... so can start more ... cedric's sticks ... go go go :superman:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

ssshhhh cedric....... dont say that.. otherwise i'd be tempted to convert to SPS system sooner than I should... sshhh!!!!!;)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

ssshhhh cedric....... dont say that.. otherwise i'd be tempted to convert to SPS system sooner than I should... sshhh!!!!!;)

start by examining your pond....i think its going to start from there....victor will have some good ideas how to convert that to a sps pond....

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

hey larry,

electrical consumption I don't know yet as i'm waiting to recieve my bill but it then it has been so HOT the past month, I have been also using more aircon than usual!

I think i'd have to average it out over 3-4 months to really see whether there's any savings but one thing's for sure.. my dining area is no longer hot and it takes about 25-30 mins to cool down 1.2 degrees rather than 1 hour 10 mins for just 0.6 degrees.

THe cool down is 1.2 degrees because despite the thermostat being set at 26 ( kick in at 27 and cut off at 26).. the water in the sump is cold enough that the whole system actually goes down usually to 25.8 and then slowly goes up to 27 in about 2 hours. The lowest I saw was 25.7.

:)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

hey larry,

electrical consumption I don't know yet as i'm waiting to recieve my bill but it then it has been so HOT the past month, I have been also using more aircon than usual!

I think i'd have to average it out over 3-4 months to really see whether there's any savings but one thing's for sure.. my dining area is no longer hot and it takes about 25-30 mins to cool down 1.2 degrees rather than 1 hour 10 mins for just 0.6 degrees.

THe cool down is 1.2 degrees because despite the thermostat being set at 26 ( kick in at 27 and cut off at 26).. the water in the sump is cold enough that the whole system actually goes down usually to 25.8 and then slowly goes up to 27 in about 2 hours. The lowest I saw was 25.7.

:)

Hi Desi,

If the running time of the chiller is much shorter now. i bet the electrical consumption will be lower as well :P

Still deciding on the compressor chiller , but have to hunt for a place to put it. Too bad there isnt any compressor unit locally which is much smaller and can place indoor. dry.gif

i think setting at 26 is abit too low for the temp? prob at 27deg?

it will be more energy saving if it is running than the no of time it kick in/day...

u can tweak ard with the pump flowrate to your chiller... high flowrate = more cut in

low flowrate = lesser cut in, but u need monitor the running duration...

• SRC Member

looks pretty good at the location... have always wanted a similar compressor but lack of space to run the trunking.. couldnt see myself having the compressor with my current place. can do a qucik check, did the installer installed the compressor with its on indipendent circuit breaker?

• SRC Member

no the compressor is actually on the same circuit as my living room and some of my tank equipment. I had split my tank electrical needs between the living room and the dining room circuit.

I had initially thought that Nelson would simply use the same circuit as my exterior pond but since I didn't specify, he had lengthened the wire and plugged it into same sockets as the rest of my pumps! LOL Oh well...

And I can't remove that plug because it's all hidden in the trunking too! :blink:

btw Joe, there is no chiller pump.. It's a condenser unit using the drop in coil so 1 pump removed. :) woopppy!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

couldn't resist so bought 1 colony of SUPER :yahoo:Sunnies from IRwarna hahahaah

Under Day light

post-12571-0-98758900-1304054020_thumb.j

Iights off

post-12571-0-18705500-1304054026_thumb.j

post-12571-0-71138100-1304054029_thumb.j

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

wow! very nice...got anymore?

tonite going to WP riot...sorry rally at serangoon stadium?

Came back from Serangoon Stadium. So crowded. However, atmosphere is good. :groupwavereversed:

Aljunied is going to be interesting. ;)