Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member

it's a 2 prong approach .. although viewing the tank was a priority of getting it.. but when I'm overseas I can use it to check my house is ok AND make sure my tank is still running as per normal. LOL just gives me additional peace of mind .. hah... and best is.. I can access this on my IPHONE! :)

groupwavereversed.gif

so guys, now you know the nanny cam can be used on KIDS , maids.. and now.. FISH! LOL

Wow, my baby does not have such luxury .... :blink:

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• SRC Member

it's a 2 prong approach .. although viewing the tank was a priority of getting it.. but when I'm overseas I can use it to check my house is ok AND make sure my tank is still running as per normal. LOL just gives me additional peace of mind .. hah... and best is.. I can access this on my IPHONE! :)

groupwavereversed.gif

so guys, now you know the nanny cam can be used on KIDS , maids.. and now.. FISH! LOL

desi..

can you also PM me the price of the camera?

thinking of putting one outside my house,

linked to my laptop in my room...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

desi..

can you also PM me the price of the camera?

thinking of putting one outside my house,

linked to my laptop in my room...

I was googling Nanny Cam and I remember I saw a hidden cam in a flower pot. Might be useful for you.... I go search again later....

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

I was googling Nanny Cam and I remember I saw a hidden cam in a flower pot. Might be useful for you.... I go search again later....

http://nannycam.com/plant.html Not cheap though..... pirate.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

well if you guys want ######.... this weekend there is some promo at the D=link and linksys ###### at the PC fair @ suntec... :P but I read tha these few are more complicated to install... but then again I could be wrong!! as Jacky did mention that internet reviews and what you experience is completely different... :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

long time no update... well just got some zoos over the weekend... found some common zoos @ ah beng which i liked.

post-12571-12783367302535_thumb.jpgpost-12571-12783367391377_thumb.jpgpost-12571-12783367500867_thumb.jpgpost-12571-12783367548749_thumb.jpg

Also for some zoos from a nice fellow reefer .. it's green skirting with pink face.. but I think it's pretty hard to tell from the pictures and since Ketchup isn't around to take some nice close ups, this is the best i can do with my shaky hands!

post-12571-12783367437613_thumb.jpgpost-12571-12783367628597_thumb.jpg

The tank right now... the main side.. same blue LEDs on but somehow the camera took it in different modes so post both la.

post-12571-12783367712115_thumb.jpg post-12571-1278336938501_thumb.jpg

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys,

it's been a very very Long time since we have updated and anyway, we will be decomissioning the tank soon.. no.. not giving up.. although things seem to happen to make us WANT to give up.. :P

We are moving house so we have to tear down everything and resetup again. May have to call on some peeps here to help out. hee hee.. but that will be in october....

Need to ask for some advice here.. I know a couple of peeps here bought Ecolamp ( mine is KR92-40) on the same shipment as I ( the batch that arrived 1st week of June..) and the past few days the timer of my ecolamp seems to have gone wonkers.

It is either slower than the actual timing OR it is showing some weird timing. I had to always correct it when i realise why it's still blue light when it's meant to be daylight. and then TODAY, I realise that the TIME showed 82:33!!! I tried to bring it back down to the correct timing of 18:xx but everytime after I had set it, it would go back to 8! See youtube link here of me setting the timing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FSumN53TZY

Has ANYONE had this problem before???

Thanks,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Maybe you can post in other section to get more responses and suggest yougo back to the source for answer since still under warranty and inform those users and others for reference.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

yeh larry, moving to another place... been rather caught up the last couple of weeks or so doing stuff and of course housing stuff too... so it's gonna be one big big project moving the tank..... haiz... and then the lights have to give me problem..... THANK YOU GOD. :pirate:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

You can consider getting people like irwanna or Aquarium artist to help you move your tank to save all the headace lol .

Hope you can get your light fixed soon.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Hello all, :kiss:

it's been AGES since we have updated but Ketchup and I have moved house and the tank is currently cycling in it's new locale.. :) Been dosing Prodibio digest and biotim to boost my bacteria cultures. so far the past week after the tank move last thursday the 28th, my ammonia and nitrite is all zero. Phosphate is at a relatively low 10-13ppB ( not PPM) and my nitrates as usual is off the roof at about 20-50ppm based on the coloration....

the move

post-12571-062051100 1288860848_thumb.jp

current setup with my livestock in the blue tub. It looks shorter because it's sitting on the living room floor but the dining room area where the blue tub is residing is about 1.5-2 feet higher than the living area.

post-12571-098220600 1288860836_thumb.jp

the rockscape which was done by eugene. Too tired after moving house etc to do it so I just got them to do it. got Irwarna to deliver the 700L of NSW.

post-12571-083722400 1288860840_thumb.jp

:angel:

I cant wait to get back to LFS-ing. I just pray that all my wrasses and tangs survive the blue tub and then back to the tank next week... pray pray pray pray. :angel:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

hi sis, as long as you are using the existing live rocks and "bacteria house" with most of your tank water (doing water change weekly) and running a skimmer on the blue tube with wavemaker, it will do fine (cos i am doing it currently haha).

hope everything goes sailing smooth for you!

• SRC Member

Your floor is supporting at least 700Kg. That's a lot of weight! Nice to hear from you two.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)