Stew's 5.5 Gallon pico

stewpid

There are those tape use for window or door.

You can get them at handy shop

So the shop will know what i mean when i tell them tape for window and door right?KK will check it out soon.Thx!

If kiasu can check your parameters again on wed to see if it's really stabilised, then a 50% Wc would be good.

Yupz, you should be able to add a clean up crew next week. so what's your stock list?

haha!Ok, kind of cannot tahan already.

Is 1 hermit , 2 astrea snails, 1 Nassarius Snail too much of a clean up crew?

Or should i leave out the hermit?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is 1 hermit , 2 astrea snails, 1 Nassarius Snail too much of a clean up crew?

Or should i leave out the hermit?

suggest u leave out hermit

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

HAhah...ok means no hermit then...zzz...but i love the electric blue!! :pirate:

Are snails efficient enough to clear the hair algae?read some where that if the algae is too long they wont eat them

Just take the rock, sock it in salt water and scrub it with a toothbrush when you do your WC lor.

After your tank stabilize, there should not be too much algae.

I had the same issue previously.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

snails wont really eat hair algae in my experience. they go for the softer diatoms and film algae.ffor electric blue legged hermits, i keep about 6 of them in my 3ft with about 12 snails. i wont deny that they do kill snails for the shell. but since day 1 until now, only 4 snail deaths have been accounted for by the hermits. if sufficient shells are provided, they might not even kill your snails. empty shells can be picked up from the beach. i just ask aunty from CF to give me some empty dried ones once in awhile. you can try the hermit at your own risk if you reaaaaaaaaaaaly like it. i have 4 Halloween hermit crabs together with the blue legged ones too. these guys don't really kill snails because they prefer to live in those oval conch/triton type shells more i think. have never seen them living in the ordinary shells before, but that doesn;t mean they dont. so you might wanna try that. the bright orange colour and red stripey legs look like socks on a cold wintery day! so cute. and plenty at CF

Lol how come I teach you to be kiasi...

Have you figured out how to set your wb? Im having trouble with mine now...

haha!I kind of gave up!LOL!not much pics to take at the moment oso lar~HAHa!Looks like LEDs do have thier problems

snails wont really eat hair algae in my experience. they go for the softer diatoms and film algae.ffor electric blue legged hermits, i keep about 6 of them in my 3ft with about 12 snails. i wont deny that they do kill snails for the shell. but since day 1 until now, only 4 snail deaths have been accounted for by the hermits. if sufficient shells are provided, they might not even kill your snails. empty shells can be picked up from the beach. i just ask aunty from CF to give me some empty dried ones once in awhile. you can try the hermit at your own risk if you reaaaaaaaaaaaly like it. i have 4 Halloween hermit crabs together with the blue legged ones too. these guys don't really kill snails because they prefer to live in those oval conch/triton type shells more i think. have never seen them living in the ordinary shells before, but that doesn;t mean they dont. so you might wanna try that. the bright orange colour and red stripey legs look like socks on a cold wintery day! so cute. and plenty at CF

Haha!dang...in a pico i think the hermits can find the snails in no time!maybe i will give them a pass(for now).stick to some snails and a sea star!

• SRC Member
Im fine anytime!hehe..holidays in progress!LOL!But i cannot tahan already!by this week should go get my CUC!

Wa Hellboy got zoas from indo?!!?!He didnt tell me either..haha..must be keeping it all to himself!

haha cuc means going cf this weekend le :)

dun tempt me la... I'm already super tempted by Shan's xmas shipment... my tank has finally stabilised and should be able to add corals too!

So the shop will know what i mean when i tell them tape for window and door right?KK will check it out soon.Thx!

Yes. Usually use for glass door or window

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Quite long no updates already(Have problem with my camera...cant get it to focus properly) :angry2:

Ok..some CUC i got at CF some time back...I think not enough...my algae problem seems quite serious!

Spiny Star Astraea(they are super slow movers!not helping my situation here!)

post-17322-1261842219_thumb.jpg

Bumble Bee Snail

post-17322-1261842231_thumb.jpg

red mushie(got this frag from a fellow reefer to test out whether it can make it...so far so good...been 3 days and started to open up

post-17322-1261842225_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

mr stew P! I ORGOT TO TELL U THAT DAY SPINY STAR ASTREA MOVE VVVVVVV SLOW. and my 3 bumblebee snail...... T_T left it at LAW house. he cant find it so all gone now lol.

next time we meet i pass u a frag of zoas to test water :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got myself this at Ah Beng today!!!!!It took like forever to finally get my hands on this!!! :upsidedown:

Crappy pic!!!

post-17322-1263538898_thumb.jpg

Hope it pairs with my pistol shrimp~

anyway is it possible for a hermit to form a symbiotic relationship with a pistol!?

It seems like my hermit has been hanging out near the cave of the pistol! <_<

• SRC Member
Got myself this at Ah Beng today!!!!!It took like forever to finally get my hands on this!!! :upsidedown:

Crappy pic!!!

post-17322-1263538898_thumb.jpg

Hope it pairs with my pistol shrimp~

anyway is it possible for a hermit to form a symbiotic relationship with a pistol!?

It seems like my hermit has been hanging out near the cave of the pistol! <_<

pairs ? and then mate ? lol ...

maybe the hermit is waiting to murder your pistol ....

25 Gal Micro Ocean