Weekly Update - 23th to 29th Nov 09

• SRC Supporter
Existing reefers should patronize LFS & farms more as there seems to be very few new faces entering the hobby. Even if cannot buy livestock just buy additives or something just to support. Support the shops during this time then when times are better, they will be around to bring in the goodies.

i strongly agree.

see see look look is good!

i still wan to go chiong and see :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer
Existing reefers should patronize LFS & farms more as there seems to be very few new faces entering the hobby. Even if cannot buy livestock just buy additives or something just to support. Support the shops during this time then when times are better, they will be around to bring in the goodies.

i cannot agree more. presonally, the aunty shop opp ahbeng is one o my favourite. although small and nothing much in term of gems, aunty is always super duper friendly and always talk to me. sometimes i dont buy any corals or fish also she will say my tank v full liao! dun keep buying! haha.

i still support her by buying some small coral frags and additives :D or fish food. hope that these stalls will continue business for a long time.

Hooked since March 2009

• SRC Member

good service and quality products will always win the day. Lack either and the business dies a slow death.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

wonder after all the supporting and spending...one can survive till the day where the shop is still around to bring in goodies.....lol. My poison to this is always got thing to buy and to cure it is to avoid going to LFS.........still trying to find the cure.....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler