Food for Oriole Angelfish

haimi

I need advice on the right food for Oriole Angelfish which Ive just bought last 2 days. Have other fishes like damsel and wrasse

which have no problem with pallets. The angelfish is always seen nibbling on the rocks (Any reason?) and still active after 2 days though

it does not seemed to crunch on any of the pellets.

Advice appreciated please.

Thanks

• Senior Reefer

oriole angel do u mean centropyge bicolor? the bicolour angelfish. this fish is not as easy to feed as other dwarfs. getting it to feed on pellets so quickly will be a challenge. try tempting it with frozsen mysis, live brine or henry's food.

I need advice on the right food for Oriole Angelfish which Ive just bought last 2 days. Have other fishes like damsel and wrasse

which have no problem with pallets. The angelfish is always seen nibbling on the rocks (Any reason?) and still active after 2 days though

it does not seemed to crunch on any of the pellets.

Advice appreciated please.

Thanks

Hai. Haimi... I've been keeping angels like king, queen, chrysurus for a year plus and I've found out tat angels got quite a typical behaviour...

Just give ur new angel few more dayz to adapt but offer it variation of food... mysis shrimp would be the best start... just b patient...

anyway how big is the angel? any harassment by other bigger fish?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice.

My angel is around 1.5" and no harrassment from other fishes in the tank. I will get the mysis shrimp Today and update you guys again.

Another thing I heard that the bicolor/oriole angelfish likes algae and that is the reason its nibbling on the live rocks. Is this true? and how

do I reproduce algae if this is its favorite food?

Thanks