Craftsman's 150 gallon/567 litre Tank (4ftx2ftx2.5ft)

craftsman

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeems like you are very satisfied with AM's work. i must say it is very neat and tidy. workman ship is there.

Fairly satisfied. :) a couple of hiccups still to resolve, but this is to be expected in all renovation works. More importantly, I'm very happy with Janet's and Steve's level of service.

• SRC Member

I think u should add in a lot more rocks...you have too much space already... :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

So what kinda tank are we gonna expect to see in future?

Btw are you gonna add more rocks? Looks like still have alot of space to put more rocks n put more corals!

to start off, soft corals and LPS. Smaller reef safe fishes, etc. Still learning, and a little clueless. :)

Finally in!!!! But in the process, they damaged a little of the underlying foam beneath the tank. Not a big problem, really....

4102422252_b7a26903ca_b.jpg

Immediately, set one of my princesses to work.... :eyebrow:

4102423482_2449e02f79_b.jpg

Heres a view of the bottom brace as I promised earlier.

4102425198_838829808f_b.jpg

Heres a view of the internal overflow compartment...

4101670595_b16990d17e_b.jpg

Thats it for now....

Hi Bro, why still do this design ? u should do follow the i design ..nice ...me regret do this design.. :cry2: I Mean the over flow system...

Ha ha ha ha ha.... no la... won't get sued. Its just opinion... :lol: I certainly it will work well. If not, I wil go get a bubble king like you. In fact, I was very tempted to buy yours, and return the Skimz Monzter to AM. :lol: but cannot la.... already agree to do leow, and I also want to give AM a chance to do well. Must support local products! Buy Singapore! :upsidedown:

yeah me too...great skimmer ............... :bow:

• SRC Member
Hi Bro, why still do this design ? u should do follow the i design ..nice ...me regret do this design.. :cry2: I Mean the over flow system...

What wrong with the design?

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

get New Sea Water - NSW and you can save on the salt and the time for cycling ....

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

?? Whats wrong with this design? :unsure:

mean the over flow compartment . you look at chris 5x2x2.5 at forum design tank then you notice the over flow is cannot be seen from outside...got it ?

steven from AM tot me that this is the award design tank....BUT is already to late..... :cry2:

• SRC Member
Almost... Once it does, I'll dose my microbes from Henry... :eyebrow: Switch off the skimmer, and wait... :whistle

Just a note, although henry recommended off skimmer for 12 hours, I find tt I had to off for at least 16 hours before the skimmer went back to normal for the first month.

• SRC Member
mean the over flow compartment . you look at chris 5x2x2.5 at forum design tank then you notice the over flow is cannot be seen from outside...got it ?

steven from AM tot me that this is the award design tank....BUT is already to late..... :cry2:

If you look at the space constraints in his balcony you will know why he chose to go for ios instead.

There is nothing wrong with this...

• SRC Member

u mean EOS? well for me i prefer EOS but i guess EOS means u have a gap between tank and wall.. Well i guess he can do EOS as the tank back is hidden away.

but future maintenance for eos will be very tough..

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Decided that a little more rock would make the scape nicer, so I headed out to the LFS to get some. Came back and did a slight rescape... ended up with this..

Angled from the right side..

4105725216_f611aec3e4_b.jpg

From the left front

4105724990_a595926625_b.jpg

Angled from the bottom up. You can see that there are lots of nooks and crannies for the fishes to swim.

4105725888_3a1e41c540_b.jpg

Some closer shots at the rocks.

4105725598_59d1f9bf1b_b.jpg

4104957941_b751f0fedf_b.jpg

Just be careful that there is no leak from the downpipe which is located just above the extension powerpoints under yr cabinet. l just feel unsafe whenever there is an easy chance of saltwater getting into electrical points...no joke.

Yeah.. I know what you mean...

Hi nice tank setup! can't wait to see whats next.

You might want to raise the base of your rocks higher from the sand bed? i can see many rocks at the base and dead spots would appear. Which i am experiencing.

Just some suggestions. :whistle

Hi nice tank setup! can't wait to see whats next.

You might want to raise the base of your rocks higher from the sand bed? i can see many rocks at the base and dead spots would appear. Which i am experiencing.

Just some suggestions. :whistle

Thanks bro. I have placed the rocks above the egg crates before pouring in the sand. Hopefully the egg crates will prevent the dead spots. :rolleyes:

• SRC Supporter

if your precious fishes go MIA and u cant find it. than found out after weeks that its in your overflow and badly injured/starved to death. by than u will be regretting why you cant see the inside of overflow earlier.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed