Urgently need help!!!

Any experience reefer,a newbie here need urgent help on this problem aiptasia.Arghhh.... :angry: this pest really a nuisance start of with one then there were more of them come out.Or if anyone have spare peppermint shrimps to spare I would buy it to get rid of this pest once and for all. :cry2:

Any experience reefer,a newbie here need urgent help on this problem aiptasia.Arghhh.... :angry: this pest really a nuisance start of with one then there were more of them come out.Or if anyone have spare peppermint shrimps to spare I would buy it to get rid of this pest once and for all. :cry2:

go and purchase a copperband butterfly.It does wonders for getting rid of aptasia.But its other favourite food is tubeworm.so bcareful.best is to relocate ur worms to ur sump.good luck

• Senior Reefer
go and purchase a copperband butterfly.It does wonders for getting rid of aptasia.But its other favourite food is tubeworm.so bcareful.best is to relocate ur worms to ur sump.good luck

hmmmm.... copperbands are difficult fishes to feed. although some reefers including me have success with them, the vast majority of them don't feed well. unless u can get 1 that is feeding on prepared foods, i won't reccomend this.

also be aware that not every copperband will take aiptasias.

• SRC Member

i brought two pepper commando

after they are comfortable in the tank, 2nd day gone.. :)

two adult is enough for one big aptisia (imo is big haha, maybe there's a bigger version whom i never see before)

i tried calcium spray however no use.

• SRC Member

After the aptasia problem, then what happened to the copperband butterfly? I would say not advisable as they are difficult fishes to keep and often reject prepared food and would eventually die of hunger if not released back to the ocean (since this species can be found commonly in our waters). It is a beautiful fish but personally, sad to see this fish being caught and sold in our LFS.

A few peppermint shrimps or Joe Juice may be better options IMO.

After the aptasia problem, then what happened to the copperband butterfly? I would say not advisable as they are difficult fishes to keep and often reject prepared food and would eventually die of hunger if not released back to the ocean (since this species can be found commonly in our waters). It is a beautiful fish but personally, sad to see this fish being caught and sold in our LFS.

A few peppermint shrimps or Joe Juice may be better options IMO.

Bro, what's Joe Juice and how it looks like or what types of forms it came in?Sorry as I m newbie here and for asking a stupid question.

i brought two pepper commando

after they are comfortable in the tank, 2nd day gone.. :)

two adult is enough for one big aptisia (imo is big haha, maybe there's a bigger version whom i never see before)

i tried calcium spray however no use.

Thanx bro for the advised.Appreciated.