Sea Water ( Iwarna )

• SRC Member
Hi anyone tested the nitrate and other parameters of the NSW? I got mine from Iwarna last time... like they mentioned, always read 1.018-1.021. All else at 0ppm but nitrate sometimes at 0-5ppm...

Recently bought some from Jireh Marine... did not test it till 5 days later... my nitrate in pico tank spike to 20-30ppm... intend to do water change and tested the old NSW from Jireh... nitrate is 20-30ppm just like my tank!!! I was told NSW needs to be used on the same day... anyone tested Jireh's NSW when its fresh? Will the same nitrate spike occur 4-5 days in my tank even tho it was low when fresh?

Any good source for mixed saltwater?

Ummmm...I think u are mistaken. Jireh Marine does NOT have NSW. What they have is prepared salt mix that is filtered using their own filter. Their salt mix is ok if you use it for a fowlr tank but not recommended if you are using it for a mixed or reef tank.

For Iwarna NSW, parameters are as follows:

Salinity: ~1.02

KH: ~10

Calcium: ~ 380ppm

Magnesium: ~1,300ppm

Nitrates: ~0

Phosphates: ~0.03

This is the average of what I have tested for Iwarna NSW over the last 3-4 batches that I got from them. Normally I get about 400L from them each time and store in 3 containers so I test the NSW each time before I use them to change my tank water.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Ummmm...I think u are mistaken. Jireh Marine does NOT have NSW. What they have is prepared salt mix that is filtered using their own filter. Their salt mix is ok if you use it for a fowlr tank but not recommended if you are using it for a mixed or reef tank.

This is the average of what I have tested for Iwarna NSW over the last 3-4 batches that I got from them. Normally I get about 400L from them each time and store in 3 containers so I test the NSW each time before I use them to change my tank water.

thanx for the info. :thanks: .. do not have phosphate test kit myself so really helpful to know.

jireh sell salt mix when i went to their clementi shop (which is now close) 1+ to 2 years ago.... current location at j lekar... i spoke to them and they told me it is now NSW...$3 for small jerry can top up... no more salt mix for sale :( some more water was taken straight from coral tank as well...

Other than jireh n Coral farm, any other sources of water around bukit batok huh?

bought water from AM yesterday... nitrate: 0ppm.... happy so far... will check 1 week later and report.

how long after storage have u tested iwarna water? I am still buying their water for past 2 years for my other tank... iwarna so far the lowest cost/litre tho bag not always water tight... car jia lat... <_<

• SRC Member
thanx for the info. :thanks: .. do not have phosphate test kit myself so really helpful to know.

jireh sell salt mix when i went to their clementi shop (which is now close) 1+ to 2 years ago.... current location at j lekar... i spoke to them and they told me it is now NSW...$3 for small jerry can top up... no more salt mix for sale :( some more water was taken straight from coral tank as well...

Other than jireh n Coral farm, any other sources of water around bukit batok huh?

bought water from AM yesterday... nitrate: 0ppm.... happy so far... will check 1 week later and report.

how long after storage have u tested iwarna water? I am still buying their water for past 2 years for my other tank... iwarna so far the lowest cost/litre tho bag not always water tight... car jia lat... <_<

Up to 2 months after getting the NSW.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

I assumed you used their delivery services? I can't imagine you carrying 400l....... Nearly broke my back when I carry 5 packet back.... lol

Regards,

Macrobutt

• SRC Member
I assumed you used their delivery services? I can't imagine you carrying 400l....... Nearly broke my back when I carry 5 packet back.... lol

Yup used their delivery service.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Many have brought up the point of the salinity being low... Well... an explanation could probably be due to the season.... Its just starting to end of the raining season.... and the water collected is near to the shores ..... so the water collected might be slightly low on salinity.... shouldnt be much of an issue... just top it up with some saltmix and you are fine....

* am not going to start the NSW vs Saltmix debate again... think we have enough of that