Is it alright to ask for free things?

bwilly

Is it alright to ask for free things?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is it alright to ask for free things?

• Yes, the more the merrier..!
    • No, I should "sweat" for my stuffs..!
    • eh, u kong simei?? I am student..!
    • I am true Singaporean, so u know the answer.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

As the marketing representative for CHEAPO-ALERT software series, I am glad to announce that CHEAPO-ALERT Ver 4.0 alpha will soon be hitting the shelves this festive period!

Ver 4.0 alpha has great enhancements including a sub-programme that send an electric shock through the mouse and possibly burning the person's balls whenever the word "GIVE ME" is typed.

Our engineers are now working on the beta version which allows the CD-Rom drive to spin at a high rate of 18000 rps and hence allowing it to auto-eject the CD inside, sending it flying through the air and possibly cutting off the cheapo's balls. All these sequence will be activated by a voice-recognition feature even without the person needing to type the word "GIVE ME" anymore!

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Wah biangz you guys terrible man. Luckily I never posted my request.

I had wanted to ask for free grade 4 sand (just need 2 kg) and free 4x needletype bio balls.

IMHO, if its something I need, and yet unable to get from the "market", eg very little in quantity, I think its ok to see if someone cud spare some. But if asking something which is readily available in the "market", why not go buy it? <_<

• SRC Member
i was going to ask anyone letting go their teco chiller (0.5hp or 1hp) for $500...keke......tieo par... :lol::lol::lol:

Hi! I was testing out my CHEAPO-ALERT Ver 4.0 beta... so did the CD flew out and cut your balls?

:lol::D:lol:

If it didn't, I am going to screw those engineers in the laboratory.. :lol:

• SRC Member
if you read around more, you'd notice he still posts once in a while. just saw his nick appearing today. :P

fine example is here. (=

I just updated that thread... go see... :lol::lol::D

Big boss scold liao... so I better stop... time to delete my CHEAPO-ALERT Software...

• SRC Member

Yeah, swordtail, where did you get your avatar... give us the link leh... better if you can give us her telephone number... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Bwilly and Seamonkee, Thanks. She is my girlfriend. Hehehe! Just kidding.

Seriously she is one of popular ###### actress in the Philippines.

Seamonkee,

You can go to http://www.google.com.sg/ and search for the name "Joyce Jimenez" but do it in the right place and in the right time (you know what I mean).

• SRC Member
Sorry, my FLAME THREAT DETECTOR firewall software kicked in. ;)

Be nice now.

Thank you for your co-operation.

:bow::bow::bow:

I submit to you, Bill Gates...

and I surrender my pirated CHEAPO-ALERT Software to you...

:D

• SRC Member

Anyway, it was a good episode of laughter... really brighten up my lousy working day.... my fiancee said I was mean but funny.... real funny....

sorry AT once again... ;)

• SRC Member

bro seamonkee...

you bloody funnie man.... mean but okie lar.... me now cracking as i type... but then do look on the other side.... if you dont ask then you dont get lor... maybe he is just asking as he cannot get it... we were all down once right.. so if have spare and can afford then give it lor.. but also must make sure that whoever you give it to your fish or corals will be able to live... that i believe is the most important.... :peace:

IMO,

when you want something

Should always gives the other party an opportunity to code you a price

If s/he wanted to give you free, that will be great

If s/he wants to charge you, you still have the option to buy or not to buy

Anyway Billy, here your sroom

not bad. but the lighting not enuff to capture the actual colour.. :eyebrow:

nice frag ah..if not my tank no space.. plan to get some

stuffs on sat.. basket, how come now still thursday..!!

Ya...you ask for more hp no...When you new tank permit kanna cancelled then you know! :rolleyes:

me..?

I got my secret funds slashed with my 2nd mistress..

even my 3rd one also dunno.. dun even talk abt my big one..

betta go n bath now.. later big one dun let me sleep....

some more tonite dun have champion league, going to be

a lonely night... :look:

• SRC Member
bro seamonkee...

you bloody funnie man.... mean but okie lar.... me now cracking as i type... but then do look on the other side.... if you dont ask then you dont get lor... maybe he is just asking as he cannot get it... we were all down once right.. so if have spare and can afford then give it lor.. but also must make sure that whoever you give it to your fish or corals will be able to live... that i believe is the most important....  :peace:

Yeah... check out the thread on the sea urchin for sale. He's getting it when he already has a trigger in his tank... sending sea urchin to early grave... :angry:

I still believe in saving up and get what you want to get... then u feel the true satisfaction... but then again, some of us have the luxury of generous gf or wife... ;

Yeah... check out the thread on the sea urchin for sale. He's getting it when he already has a trigger in his tank... sending sea urchin to early grave... :angry:

I still believe in saving up and get what you want to get... then u feel the true satisfaction... but then again, some of us have the luxury of generous gf orife... ;

wOOt!!! Flamer is in the House!!!!!

Bro,

you having all the fun without me huh? :evil:

• SRC Member

Anyway, I can't stand people who keep asking for free things... honestly, I am tokking about integrity here...

I am not sure if you guys have this experience. But I realise that kids these days are even daring enoff to come to you and ask you for 50cents or $1.00... I have met a few of these already in my neighbourhood and they usually get a good lashing from me...

They go around asking for $1.00 until they chalk up enoff to get their tamiya cars, yoyos or stuff... wah lao, all these starts young... when they get older, they will start looking for easy way out rather than earn them. I am really disappointed...

Even my 15 year old nephew is like this.... called me to say he broke his friend's hp by accident and need to pay him $300. Scared to tell mother so I be nice uncle and give him loh... then found out to my horror two weeks later when I visit my sister and I caught him with a new nGage phone... he didn't know I was coming... Wah lao, can imagine the lashing he got from my sister after that!

• SRC Member

not bad. but the lighting not enuff to capture the actual colour.. :eyebrow:

nice frag ah..if not my tank no space.. plan to get some

stuffs on sat.. basket, how come now still thursday..!!

Yeah....

Its actually sitting on the underside of a dead goniopora?

The base is too round

Had a hard trying to find a suitable place to put it down firmly :o

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

:blink: woah seamonkee, your nephew is sec 3 and he behaves like that??!!! No offense but that's really quite low down man!! you must have been damn pissed with him!!

anyway my 2 cents... I think asking for freebies is ok IF the item is of low value (say <$3) esp if it makes no sense to waste money to buy it if it only comes in bulk like say you want 2 bio balls (heh I don't need oredi got 2 hahahhaa). anything more that $3 its still ok to ask BUT at the very least offer to pay some token. I don't BELIEVE NO STUDENT can't afford to pay say $5. I hate pple who use student as an excuse, so what if you're studying? you still have allowance what. unless you're studying to be a beggar, in which case you shouldn't start this hobby.

I also think exceptions can be when the fella really really needs something but really no way of raising enuff funds but very urgent need of it. again token sum should be paid. most obvious counter examples to this are pple who ask for freebies and LIST them out... win oredi.

I don't look down on pple who ask for freebies at all, but I really question those who have asked, are they really so hard up for cash they need all the free stuff w/o paying a single cent? If a person can log on to internet shows he already doesn't come from a destitute family background.

• SRC Member

Maybe big boss can get another security update for piracy software. "Burn house, beat mother" security patch!! Then cannot burn house and beat mother liaoz!!! hiak hiak hiak..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seamonkee, you very the mean leh... very funny but very mean. remind me not to step on your toes!! If not will have new alert software floating around liaoz!!! he he :yeah::yeah::lol::lol:

Anyway, I dont ask for free things wan. Wont mind if people give me free things of course! But I do like to bargain. Cos bargain is the fun part about buying things. You know, got satisfaction when you get a lower price!! Very satisfying!!! hiak hiak hiak.... :P:P:P:P