Is it alright to ask for free things?

bwilly

Is it alright to ask for free things?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is it alright to ask for free things?

• Yes, the more the merrier..!
    • No, I should "sweat" for my stuffs..!
    • eh, u kong simei?? I am student..!
    • I am true Singaporean, so u know the answer.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Aiyo... at least you got 80cents. I only got 50cents but wait, what about all the bills leh you havnt count the bills in your wallet right only the coins rite.....

Cos dont wanna ask for free things so must bargain to make it affordable ma...... if can bargain till 50cts then can afford liaoz!!! hiak hiak hiak..... :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Maybe someone can start a 50cts or a 1.99 bargain corner in SRC!! All items at 50cts!!! haik haik haik.... :evil::evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member
bargain in moderation :) .

monkey.. how can u say that about man. think of all the poor people here. wallet 50 cent only. my wallet got 80 cents. how can u break my heart like that.

SpiderOne: Thank goodness you got 80cents, otherwise another 30cents less and you would have risk losing your balls to a flying CD....

Then again, I can't seem to activate my CHEAPO-ALERT programme... must be boss's firewall at work... :(

Tanggy: $1.99 shop sounds like a good idea... Let's see... what can we sell for $1.99?

1) 1 bottle of cyano

2) 1 pack of tang poo

3) Turbo Snails (just the shell)....

How's dat?

• SRC Member

Is it the same when people want to give things for free and not people asking for it? Are those taking free things from people here when they wan to give it for free considered as "cheap*" by u people here too? this is a question. :peace:

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

Ha ha!! I got tons og tang poo to give away if anybody wants. Got 4 tangs doing the production 24/7. So anyone need the extra nitrate/armonia, jus let me know. Free one!!! haik haik haik......

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about:

1.99 - Cheapo Alert Shareware

- Burn House, beat mother security patch Ver 1.01

- Cheapo Alert Firewall

- SeaM@@@@@ in a bag???? (If get this no need for the above three liaoz.)

Haik haik haik..... :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

piangz.... you all make my morning man.....:) all your induenos and all that... but seriously... do leave that poor bugger alone lor... i am not speaking or stand by his side but i do believe in moderation... lets us live and let live and give ppl a second chance... :peace:

otherwise when this software and that software comes out... end result got virus attack then die liao hor... my 2 cents worth...

• SRC Member

Oops.... Sorry to SeaM#@#@#. I dont mean any offence. Jus kidding hope you dont mind. Cos I have not met him and do not know him so sorry if I offended anyone. But it's was meant to be in good fun but I did not intend it to be at anyone's exspense.

:(:(:(:(

• SRC Member
Ha ha!! I got tons og tang poo to give away if anybody wants. Got 4 tangs doing the production 24/7. So anyone need the extra nitrate/armonia, jus let me know. Free one!!! haik haik haik......

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about:

1.99 - Cheapo Alert Shareware

- Burn House, beat mother security patch Ver 1.01

- Cheapo Alert Firewall

- SeaM@@@@@ in a bag???? (If get this no need for the above three liaoz.)

Haik haik haik..... :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Harlow Tanggy, when you say Sea******....

must specify whether it's SeaMa**** or SeaMon***, a lot of difference, k?

Damn it, I must change my nick liao... too many bad associations with anything starting with Sea******....

astrobol: we are referring to those who when u put up something for sale or for show (not for free) but people ask for free... then classified cheapo....

Benz: some people deserve a second chance I agree but some like [you know who] never learn... I am sorry if I sounded offensive, but I really detest these sort of people... If he's anywhere near me, I would have given that bugger or good lashing and probably some bashing as well...

I was at P**Sh**B**s the other day and saw this student who kept pestering the owner for an hour bargaining until the owner damn fedup... Asking the owner to sell him something for $2 and say he only got $2 in his wallet... I really feel like picking up the urchin and shove it up his ****... esp the part when the student says he stays nearby... my arse, stay near orchard got no money??? :angry:

• SRC Member

Let me specify... I have nothing personal against SeaMar***....

I just have this natural urge to bash up people who like to ask for freebies and do it so rudely... and as for SeaMar***, it's juz so that he crossed me because people keep mistakening me for him because of our id nick and those bad associations...

He's Smith to me as I'm Anderson to him...

Hi guys, I just ordered this software package... looks good.

==============================================

The AT Keep The Peace v1.0 software is currently in beta testing and will be available for final release soon.

It is guaranteed to wipe out all traces of Cheapo Alert software (upgradeable) and has the option of suspending user access to the Shared Resource. In extreme cases, a total deletion of the user account can be executed with a few simple key strokes.

Needless to say, the tracing program is able to monitor & report on any form of suspicious activity in its stealth mode, namely when the keywords 'free', 'lobang', 'give', 'give me', 'cheapo', 'freeloader', 'freebies' etc are detected to be used to incite the activation of Extreme Sarcasm viral programs.

All versions of Extreme Sarcasm software, from v1.01 onwards, will also trigger a warning system before the Let's Flame the Bugger Trogan program can be activated and spread the Total Chaos virus.

The AT Keep The Peace software works hand in hand with the Administrator Always Has To Deal With Shit firewall to deal with such eventualities.

================================================

What do you think? :eyebrow:

post-11-1071199803.jpg

• SRC Member

ke ke ke...... see like bill gates got competition liaoz..... and norton will be begging for a takeover!!! Kill the competition, jus buy them!

Sell the "AT Keep the peace program" to bill gates and then can change to a 20x10x10 tank liaoz, come fully equip with all pumps, filtration, lifetime supply of life stock, LPS and SPS coral, suba gear and personal mermaid!! (For a dip in the reef and a massage by the mermaid after a long day at work) haik haik haik...... :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

ppl gives is different.

cause u dun have a choice over the wants.

ppl never ask, u start to demand.. different issue.

cause u demand a "wants" when there's no supply.

demand & supply at works.

Cheapo Theory Section 2.1 (tested in June 2002 n Dec 2003 exams)

high demand + no supply = dun ask, looks cheapo

high demand + low supply = can ask, but may look cheapo

low demand + high supply = cheapo can ask, maybe your lucky day

low demand + low supply = cheapo can ask, but low chance

no demand + no supply = forget it, cheapo still can ask for fun

• SRC Member
ppl gives is different.

cause u dun have a choice over the wants.

ppl never ask, u start to demand.. different issue.

cause u demand a "wants" when there's no supply.

demand & supply at works.

Cheapo Theory Section 2.1 (tested in June 2002 n Dec 2003 exams)

high demand + no supply = dun ask, looks cheapo

high demand + low supply = can ask, but may look cheapo

low demand + high supply = cheapo can ask, maybe your lucky day

low demand + low supply = cheapo can ask, but low chance

no demand + no supply = forget it, cheapo still can ask for fun

Kaoz.You remind me of my econs lecture - Demand and Supply law, might as well go into elasticity while you are at it.(**u forgot to draw the curves..heheheheh) :P

• SRC Member
Hi guys, I just ordered this software package... looks good.

==============================================

The AT Keep The Peace v1.0 software is currently in beta testing and will be available for final release soon.

It is guaranteed to wipe out all traces of Cheapo Alert software (upgradeable) and has the option of suspending user access to the Shared Resource. In extreme cases, a total deletion of the user account can be executed with a few simple key strokes.

Needless to say, the tracing program is able to monitor & report on any form of suspicious activity in its stealth mode, namely when the keywords 'free', 'lobang', 'give', 'give me', 'cheapo', 'freeloader', 'freebies' etc are detected to be used to incite the activation of Extreme Sarcasm viral programs.

All versions of Extreme Sarcasm software, from v1.01 onwards, will also trigger a warning system before the Let's Flame the Bugger Trogan program can be activated and spread the Total Chaos virus.

The AT Keep The Peace software works hand in hand with the Administrator Always Has To Deal With Shit firewall to deal with such eventualities.

================================================

What do you think? :eyebrow:

ARRRGHHHH.... Damn! Should have listen to my friend when he told me how competitive the software industry is and not to get into it... Now my CHEAPO-ALERT software is scrap thanks to AT Keep The Peace software! :P

Hey AT, your software like not working leh... bwilly, Tanggy and myself have already keyed in quite a few cheapo words but my balls are still intact... does it work like my CHEAPO-ALERT Ver 4.0 beta with ball cutting sequence?

:P:P:P

Sorry lah, I cut back on the flaming and stop hitting on seam***** but I think everyone had a good laugh... I really needed the laugh cause I'm losing my job soon... :(:(:(

dun terminate my reef account too, please boss? :angel:

I surrender all my china-made software to you...

• SRC Member

15 mins more and the whole company will be ushered into the seminar room to receive some heart-wrenching news from the union....

Already I see some people crying...

For those who know where i work, please dun shout out my company's name... thankz.... :(

The AT KTP software does come with an optional ball-cutting module amongst other extreme programming options.

I didn't get it because that will add an additional $10.15 to the total cost. Does this mean I am considered a cheapo?

OOOPS!!! WHEW!!!! THANK GOODNESS I DIDN'T INSTALL THAT MODULE!!!!! :evil: I'll be ball-less right now.

READ CAREFULLY you monkee... those keywords has to trigger the Extreme Sarcasm viral program first! :lol:

• SRC Member
The AT KTP software does come with an optional ball-cutting module amongst other extreme programming options.

I didn't get it because that will add an additional $10.15 to the total cost. Does this mean I am considered a cheapo?

OOOPS!!! WHEW!!!! THANK GOODNESS I DIDN'T INSTALL THAT MODULE!!!!!  :evil: I'll be ball-less right now.

READ CAREFULLY you monkee... those keywords has to trigger the Extreme Sarcasm viral program first! :lol:

Thanks AT... for cracking me up...

I am going into the seminar room now... :(:(:(

Damn! Damn! Damn! Change of Chairman and everything has to change...

That's why Hokkien saying: "Tree fall, monkeys disperse...."

Keep me in prayer and keep my balls too....

• SRC Member

Hi! Back from the gruelling talk.... yes, we will be going through a "restructuring" exercise soon... Company has already engaged the services of an external HR consultancy firm to "look" into every individual's pay and job scope... Personally, it's a nicer word for retrenchment...

Nice work environment gonna be taken over by MNC working style... *sigh*. Already bonked our CEO and Marketing Director, who's next? We always wonder....

If this really happens, then I will start my own business... used to be that running business = risk... then again in today's businesses. working in companies = risk (restructure, retrenchment and all that downsize shit!)... what's the diff? Makes the first one seems like a better offer... at least, I am my own boss...