New Life Spectrum experience anyone?

comycus

• SRC Member

I have been looking ard online alitle bit more on fish food, and and realize quite a few reefers have had good results feeding only new life spectrum fish food to their fishes, against the convention of variety is better.

Their website reads:

Feed New Life Spectrum® fish food exclusively for 10 days.

You will begin to notice enhancement in color and vitality of your fish or we will simply refund your money. Please Note: your fish will continue to improve in color and overall health over the next 30 days.

An exclusive daily balanced Spectrum diet will help prevent lateral line disease, fin erosion in surgeonfish, and hole in the head on angelfish.

Can I invite bros here to share your experience on this product? Especially those who have used it exclusively and seen better colouration, etc. Help convince me!

think some bros do have reported better results when used exclusively

personally, i see my fishes like it.....i start with new life exclusively, then i mixed with other pellets in an effort to provide variety, but end up that the fishes only pick those new life ones....

• Senior Reefer
wah the :yeah: really convince me sia... hahaa

anymore bros wish to rate this product :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: ? hehe

excellent produbt by pablo. fed my moorish idol for many months exclusively on this. my mandarin fish, yes mandarin fish, is also eating new life spectrum. so are my anthias. need i say more? ^_^

• SRC Member

oh yeah... n which formula do you guys use? so many...

finicky fish formula

growth formula

marine food

small fish formula

Thera-A anti-Parasitic non-medicated formula

wah... buy all 5 mix n match! fish colour become rainbow! like someone's exxxxxxxquisite!

Yup, will stand by NLS.. It gets picky feeder start eating, even without using the finicky formula(Haven seen it in SG)...

It got all my angels eating, Regal, Colini, Joculator... Even Banners and Scooter Blenny.. Even Powder Black and my current two hybrid powder tang..

All got feeding on NLS the first week...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
c328 sell cheap NLS i think. forgot the price as i am not the one paying :look:

lol so lucky, c328 price is normally v. reasonable, will check it out when I find the time to do so...

yellow clown goby better appreciate all the hard work i'm putting in for you! :angry2:

• SRC Member

lol, i got a sandshifting goby last time, doesn't eat any pellets, just shifting around the sand to look for food, after a while, it started chasing and swimming to eat the pellets.. hope it does the same for your goby :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

however it up the lorry cos it want to be superman, jumping out of the tank :cry2:

• SRC Member
lol, i got a sandshifting goby last time, doesn't eat any pellets, just shifting around the sand to look for food, after a while, it started chasing and swimming to eat the pellets.. hope it does the same for your goby :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

however it up the lorry cos it want to be superman, jumping out of the tank :cry2:

tt's sad... rip

ayez, my goby is super finicky... guess this will be the last time I try a different food. At least from all the comments so far, I think it will benefit my other tank inhabitants as well. I have 1 whole stack of frozen food in my freezer now... my mom says I buy more food for my fishes than for myself! :whistle

I have 1 whole stack of frozen food in my freezer now... my mom says I buy more food for my fishes than for myself! :whistle

ROFL...... so funny.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

tt's sad... rip

ayez, my goby is super finicky... guess this will be the last time I try a different food. At least from all the comments so far, I think it will benefit my other tank inhabitants as well. I have 1 whole stack of frozen food in my freezer now... my mom says I buy more food for my fishes than for myself! :whistle

lol bro u going all out to save ur goby from becoming anorexic sia

Hooked since March 2009

• SRC Member

hi comycus

get the theraA, its good enough.

the smell of theraA is stronger than the original and ficky formula which i find my fish more appeal to that. my fish dun really like the rest which i already tried.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
hi comycus

get the theraA, its good enough.

the smell of theraA is stronger than the original and ficky formula which i find my fish more appeal to that. my fish dun really like the rest which i already tried.

oops too late... I bought the small fish and marine last night... everyone's happy with it except for the goby of course... Hopefully they all adapt well.

Thanks to all who chipped in here!

• SRC Member
oops too late... I bought the small fish and marine last night... everyone's happy with it except for the goby of course... Hopefully they all adapt well.

Thanks to all who chipped in here!

hi bros

i noticed some of the fish food states for fresh and marine fish. NLS and ocean nutrition pellets container also states for fresh and marine fish. is this okay? cos i read somewhere before to avoid food that states for both time of fish as it is not really nutrition enough for marine fish ... i'm currently mixing ON, NLS and a few other brands...

• SRC Member
hi bros

i noticed some of the fish food states for fresh and marine fish. NLS and ocean nutrition pellets container also states for fresh and marine fish. is this okay? cos i read somewhere before to avoid food that states for both time of fish as it is not really nutrition enough for marine fish ... i'm currently mixing ON, NLS and a few other brands...

Yup I remember reading something like tt too. But with so many ppl having success with NLS, I think it should be fine. If you are really concerned, NLS Marine as the name suggests is only for marine fishes.

One of the more important components for marine fish food is DHA. Marine fish are unable to synthesize DHA, unlike freshwater fish, and thus their diet needs to have sources of DHA. Basically any type of marine fish/shrimp/krill/squid meal in the ingredient list will contain DHA.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/