My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

it stated 2000 - 4000 but definitely does not look like that amount to the naked eye.

But you can see quite a lot of pods swimming around.

Some seemed to be dead already.

Let me try to take some pics or videos.

I have Peacemaker's bottle with me now.

That is cool... Thanks... At least, I can try more picky fish with these...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

If your SPS is still brown at the top of your tank then you need to lower your light set.

But make sure you let them have time to color up first .At least 3 weeks .

But if they start to turn white be careful.

Then you need to move them further down the tank or aways from the light

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

If your SPS is still brown at the top of your tank then you need to lower your light set.

But make sure you let them have time to color up first .At least 3 weeks .

But if they start to turn white be careful.

Then you need to move them further down the tank or aways from the light

Thanks Sherman. will take note action only 1 month later.

I am now using my 150W MH btw.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

btw, I have decided not to get a true percs pair already.

My clown will be a lonely soul in the tank but he has lots of playmates :)

bought a seasquirt to target feed the suns, jawfish, gobies so as to eliminate the need for flooding the tank.

Jacky,

You are gonna go bonkers.... :) I went to Goldfish street in HK and bought the same squirt.... guess how much....

SG$25!!!!

I also bought a 2.2kg NLS 3mm Pallet for my friend... only SG$70. Equivalent in Singapore is I think SG$140!

Paul

Jacky,

You are gonna go bonkers.... :) I went to Goldfish street in HK and bought the same squirt.... guess how much....

SG$25!!!!

I also bought a 2.2kg NLS 3mm Pallet for my friend... only SG$70. Equivalent in Singapore is I think SG$140!

Paul

good price! $10 cheaper than what you pay for here. :)

Thats a good squirt Bro.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Hey Peacemaker

Thanks for these shrooms.

I like them very much.

add a spice of colour to the tank.

and more zoas... This one should be a nice bunch when they are fully opened.

Have no time to place them properly yet. just dumped them into the tank 1st.

Even photo taking was done hurriedly and hence some shaky shots.

Gotta dig out my camera tripod.

Glad you like them. ^_^

hey, did you head down to GO yesterday? anything interesting?

Nah... I went straight home. I was there last week and bought a sun coral. Still trying to get it to open up. Any tips?

think I recall seeing some post that you simply have to tempt them at internvals with some food to coax them to open up more frequently.

how's the squirt working out for you? more control of it now?

going to get some live baby brineshrimp to feed my fishes over the weekend :)

anyone tried feeding these before?

• SRC Member
think I recall seeing some post that you simply have to tempt them at internvals with some food to coax them to open up more frequently.

how's the squirt working out for you? more control of it now?

I enlarged the hole a little. Control is still good. Target feeding can be tiresome sometimes. Even my snails were attempting to steal food from my prata, so you can imagine... <_<

• SRC Member
going to get some live baby brineshrimp to feed my fishes over the weekend :)

anyone tried feeding these before?

They go pretty crazy over them. But not much nutritional value in them, why would you want to feed them tt?

Remember to sieve them out before adding into the tank though. Don't just pour it in.

They go pretty crazy over them. But not much nutritional value in them, why would you want to feed them tt?

Remember to sieve them out before adding into the tank though. Don't just pour it in.

I heard adult bs no nutrition value. Baby brines just hatched ones are ok. Alternate food source for my clingfish. Wanna make sure it surviveyeah Peter told me abt the foul water.

I enlarged the hole a little. Control is still good. Target feeding can be tiresome sometimes. Even my snails were attempting to steal food from my prata, so you can imagine... <_<

hmm nvr feed prata before. Used it to feed my suns - so far so good.

update: Livestock

Yashia

Found my Yashia gobies. Think he has settled in well.

Found his own little space away from the other boisterous gobies.

I think that is the limit as to the number of gobies I have in the tank.

Mandarin

pretty active. Saw him pecking on rocks, so he should be having sufficient food source.

Pipefish

Hard to tell if this fella is feeding or not. Cannot tell if he has lost weight or gained weight either.

Can only keep finger crossed.

Clingfish

Another fish that is hard to determine if he is doing well. I have not come across any success stories of reefers keeping this fella alive so I really dun have much hope on him surviving. Doing my best though

True Perc

I think this fella has shaken off the brook. No more white flakes on the body.

Will get fuel little baby to pair up with her later.

All the rest of the old timers are all doing well.

Neon goby, G goby, R goby, T goby, Jawfish, Firefish. The only one that has gone missing is the Pistol Shrimp.

Have not seen him or heard his claw snap for quite some time already. Might have lost him.

Pressing on the keep the rest of the livestock sustained in this condition.

Detail water parameters check and WC tml.

Super busy these few days.

Have not had chance to perform WC yet.

Really gotta do it on mon or Tues.

Time really flies. One of my youth ministry student got married yesterday.

He was like pri 5 when I met him. lol Feeling kinda emotional, sentimental, nolstagic today.....

One day my girl will grow up and get married too..... will definitely feel very emotional then......

I was telling her a cheetah and her cubs story and somehow the conversation digress to her growing up one day and she will live with her partner and have her own family like the cheetah cubs. Her response : No daddy. I want to stay with you :) ... melts my heart.

Yeah totally not related to my tank sorry.

anyway back to my tank. I am having real issues with the yellowhead jawfish. It is spouting sand all over my yumas and mushies.

He has already injured my clam while on the sandbed and killed one of my SPS that I placed on the sandbed. ** He totally buried the SPS in a pile of sand.

My Suns is getting affected as well.

This really cannot continue. Either I let him go or do a major rescape with all corals above sandbed. The scaping will be like a tree.

A base with rock plateaus at all directions. (just picture a tree with plenty of branches) Only problem is that all my gobies might have prob finding hideouts.

Any words of wisdom before I begin to act impulsively?

• SRC Member
Super busy these few days.

Have not had chance to perform WC yet.

Really gotta do it on mon or Tues.

Time really flies. One of my youth ministry student got married yesterday.

He was like pri 5 when I met him. lol Feeling kinda emotional, sentimental, nolstagic today.....

One day my girl will grow up and get married too..... will definitely feel very emotional then......

I was telling her a cheetah and her cubs story and somehow the conversation digress to her growing up one day and she will live with her partner and have her own family like the cheetah cubs. Her response : No daddy. I want to stay with you :) ... melts my heart.

Yeah totally not related to my tank sorry.

anyway back to my tank. I am having real issues with the yellowhead jawfish. It is spouting sand all over my yumas and mushies.

He has already injured my clam while on the sandbed and killed one of my SPS that I placed on the sandbed. ** He totally buried the SPS in a pile of sand.

My Suns is getting affected as well.

This really cannot continue. Either I let him go or do a major rescape with all corals above sandbed. The scaping will be like a tree.

A base with rock plateaus at all directions. (just picture a tree with plenty of branches) Only problem is that all my gobies might have prob finding hideouts.

Any words of wisdom before I begin to act impulsively?

wow...

is that a natural instinct of a yellowhead jawfish to spit sand all over??

you're gonna do a major rescape all because of him? haha..

but he's one beautiful fish,

and i'm still thinking very hard if i should get one for my tank..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft: