My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

• SRC Member
Bad experience with NSW.

High nitrate and phosphate content (from CF)

Iwarna is not going to send small qty of NSW and the place is too far for me to travel to.

So I am currently using Salt mix water. Sometimes I mix them, sometimes I purchase from SL or AM.

i think u can get 400L supply of NSW from iwarna @$80 n that will last u a long time...haha...

l7304smr.jpg

jacky, nice helfrich... i was so tempted to buy from ML that day as there's 6 healthy looking specimen... but desi don't want... anyway i think we have enough fishes already... now focus on corals :)

thanks Les.

you can wait for her to go overseas 1st.... whahahahaha.......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

I dun think the Helfriech firefishes were there when I went on Thursday.

Saw the purple and red ones. I cannot be so blind.....

Anyway, Peter here's mine:

Super nice fish..... But I don't dare to try as the one fish that I've had difficulty in keeping is the purple firefish... every single one sure gone one. dunno why... :(

Anyways, great fish, Jacky!

Super nice fish..... But I don't dare to try as the one fish that I've had difficulty in keeping is the purple firefish... every single one sure gone one. dunno why... :(

Thanks Craft.

I have the opposite experience. My purple firefish was like a commando and hence, my willingness to invest in this gorgeous :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Thanks Craft.

I have the opposite experience. My purple firefish was like a commando and hence, my willingness to invest in this gorgeous :)

So lucky... :rolleyes: Strange though... ha ha ha... I have a normal firefish from day one, and its super resilient. I also have a 2 month old Chinese Zebra dartfish, also super resilient. The only one I failed badly in is the purple. Sigh....

So lucky... :rolleyes: Strange though... ha ha ha... I have a normal firefish from day one, and its super resilient. I also have a 2 month old Chinese Zebra dartfish, also super resilient. The only one I failed badly in is the purple. Sigh....

lol... hey bro, post pic of your updated tank when free :)

your chiller issue resolved already?

lol... hey bro, post pic of your updated tank when free :)

your chiller issue resolved already?

Ha ha ha... ok bro. :) Have been really super busy in the last 2 months. Today on leave, so can catch up on some tank duties. Will take a pic tonight and update. Chiller has been changed to a Mitsubishi 1hp compressor. I hope the issue has been resolved. Don't see it coming on so often now. But, the devil's in the details. Need to wait for electricity bill for the next 2 months to confirm. LoL.... :upsidedown:

jacky nice fish you have there keke ... wanted to get one also but cancel the idea and wait a while 1st keke ...

Thanks Karl. you should go get one later. A nice and pretty easy fish to keep.

• SRC Member
yaya is really a nice fish keke ... but abit exp for this moment kaka ... now juz plan buy some coral nia keke ... was looking for royal gamma and orchid dottybacks now keke ...

i can give u my orchid dottyback if u want...its about 2 inches...with me for >2yrs...pui pui one...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

jumping ?

25 Gal Micro Ocean

jumping ?

His tank is pretty covered one,... so dun think jumping is the issue.

Prob kena harassed by the more established tankmates :)

Hey Jun,

BTW, I have gone back to my reefpack.

I wanna make that set up work! *fist clenched

chief, the reefpack consist of additional filter other then the skimmer? good not..

love hate relationship.

I have learnt how to cope with the water level consistency problem.

The thing is that it is very water level dependent.

once the level drops by 0.5 cm, your water entering the cleaner pack will be affected.

If you have a wavemaker (in my case I am using short pulse mode on my MP10) and place it on the other side so that it "pushes" water into the cleaner, then it is ok.

also dun expect to be able to place a lot of media in the pack. Prob about 2 - 3 times the red sea skimmer media basket.

After the space for the top and bottom cotton filter, you can only put a small handful of carbon into the box.

also if you can DIY a drip plate and put it inside, that will be more effective.

Personally I think I have learnt the way to make it more effective.

you need to overcome some frustration at the start.

• SRC Member
really ? keke I don't mind taking the fish from you keke

btw why keep so 2 year suddenly wana give it away?

coz i want to keep less territorial fishes for my big tank....though it has been with me for more than 2 yrs...there r some emotions attached to it...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

ic ic.. ok thanks for the feedback.

for my 12 G, i top up water everyday (one ice cream tub) for my rea sea skimmer to be working like a bull, else it will be slacking cos of the water level.

noted with thanks!

love hate relationship.

I have learnt how to cope with the water level consistency problem.

The thing is that it is very water level dependent.

once the level drops by 0.5 cm, your water entering the cleaner pack will be affected.

If you have a wavemaker (in my case I am using short pulse mode on my MP10) and place it on the other side so that it "pushes" water into the cleaner, then it is ok.

also dun expect to be able to place a lot of media in the pack. Prob about 2 - 3 times the red sea skimmer media basket.

After the space for the top and bottom cotton filter, you can only put a small handful of carbon into the box.

also if you can DIY a drip plate and put it inside, that will be more effective.

Personally I think I have learnt the way to make it more effective.

you need to overcome some frustration at the start.

really ? keke I don't mind taking the fish from you keke

btw why keep so 2 year suddenly wana give it away?

you prob know this already but once you keep a dottyback, it will be hard for you to put in RG or other timid fishes already. That fella is a tyrant. :P

coz i want to keep less territorial fishes for my big tank....though it has been with me for more than 2 yrs...there r some emotions attached to it...

oic but your tank so big i guess shouldn't be any problem for this fish ...

Cut some of my broken replica rock into some pieces.

Gonna glue my frags onto them :)

you prob know this already but once you keep a dottyback, it will be hard for you to put in RG or other timid fishes already. That fella is a tyrant. :P

yaya i know that too keke ... that why now plan to intro both fish at one time keke ...

If any one keen on the zoas I have posted for sale let me know.

Special discount for ppl I know :)

I am also looking to offload these replica rocks.

same thing interested pm/ sms me.