My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

need help to glue ur rock?? keke ...

yah... keke....

My call finished already. anytime you free can drop by....

will sms my address

hmmm shld have called peter along... keke,.. hes another free fella

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Think I need a flower bath soon.

Met Karlyau and went to CF to get rocks. I saw the rocks 2 weeks ago.

6 - 7 big big tubs of them. My girl was cranky so I did not pick them up that day.

The minute I reach there, saw some foam boxes all packed. thought shipping out corals or fishes.

asked auntie how much are the rocks?

Auntie said .... All packed.... sold..... if you want small pieces, there are still some left.....

Sob sob... took a cab to go down and got disappointed.

looked at the small pieces of rock.... too small..........

then :idea: maybe I can glue/ epoxy them .... :evil:

I know it is going to be a challenge but i always wanted to try something like this....

So here goes

..... will post more pics after the scape.

a lot of gluing and epoxying needs to be done. Anyone has any tips?

We also bought some zoas. looks quite nice under daylight.... hopefully they will look even much better under LED.

The cost of these zoas are <10% of GO pricing!

at least double the size even! lol.......

Can sell me yr zoa frags from CF? haha.....i'm serious...

l7304smr.jpg

Use industrial size plastic restrainers/cable ties. The kind you use when you kidnap people. :pirate:

and be sure Jacky is not tied up at the end of the process :P haha kidding.

+1 with cable ties. Works great for all occasions :) Also, epoxy works just as well. In fact, what I will do is drill some holes to let the cable ties go through or use existing holes to do the tying. Subsequently epoxy at the joints where the cable ties are crossing to give extra strength and for aesthetic purposes. How ugly the rocks will look having black cable ties around them.

Bro, remember to use masking tape to mark out the size of your tank on the floor and do within the space given. In that way, you can roughly picture how everything will look once in place. Also, you might want to consider lying some eggcrates and epoxy your rocks to them before filling the tank with sand. It gives your scape a firmer grip to the bottom and less chance for them to topple or shift when you have gobies around.

(above all I learnt it from RC. works great thus far for myself so sharing it with you (: )

Secondly, wet your hands with freshwater before mixing the epoxy. It helps to prevent the white stuff from sticking to your hand and a bit of water makes the curing faster and more even (imo).

Lastly, let your epoxy cure for an hour or two before putting them into the tank. You do not want your pH to sway like siao again with high volumes of water being skimmed out by an overzealous skimmer! :X

The probability for yourself to go far with aquascaping today is limitless. So do not squander the chance. Especially when you've gotten the taste of having to rescape your corals over and over again due to flow etc problems. Try not to give yourself this kind of trouble in future eh! so plan well and give some thoughts about the corals and your tank before jumping in though I wish you to be back in this hobby asap! Days without the Indian chief's tank is boring! :S

hais, there are so much things to consider as above, it's still an exciting project. So have fun! :D

Happy Scaping,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

should be quite nice. if not, my tank has no space for them. :P

let me see frag already how much I have.

But you guys can just go and grab lah.A few more nice pieces in CF.

Less than a red notes for a decent size!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

thanks bro for the words of wisdom.

and be sure Jacky is not tied up at the end of the process :P haha kidding.

+1 with cable ties. Works great for all occasions :) Also, epoxy works just as well. In fact, what I will do is drill some holes to let the cable ties go through or use existing holes to do the tying. Subsequently epoxy at the joints where the cable ties are crossing to give extra strength and for aesthetic purposes. How ugly the rocks will look having black cable ties around them.

Bro, the probability for yourself to go far with aquascaping today is limitless. So do not squander the chance. Especially when you've gotten the taste of having to rescape your corals over and over again due to flow etc problems. Try not to give yourself this kind of trouble eh! so plan well and give some thoughts about the corals and your tank. If you have to, use masking tape to mark out the size of your tank on the floor and do within the space given. In that way, you can roughly picture how everything will look once in place. Also, you might want to consider lying some eggcrates and epoxy your rocks to them before filling the tank with sand. It gives your scape a firmer grip to the bottom and less chance for them to topple or shift when you have gobies around.

Even though there are so much things to consider as above, it's still an exciting project. So have fun! :D

Happy Scaping,

Marc J.

cost of zoas are 10% of GO...still have to ask nice or not...just grab n leave liao bro...

want cheap, want green, want big big .... :P

• SRC Member

me want frag! me want frag!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

CF very far...CCK nearer for me....

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
yah... keke....

My call finished already. anytime you free can drop by....

will sms my address

hmmm shld have called peter along... keke,.. hes another free fella

Jacky, buay steady...never call me along to look at the nice zoas... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
i think he is very busy now with his live rocks and dipping his zoas...

I think he's going to be busy until dunno wat time liao... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Jacky, buay steady...never call me along to look at the nice zoas... :upsidedown:

I went to get rocks lah. you want to spend 2 hrs waiting for me at CF getting LR arh..?

the whole story is that.....

You know in Cf, they have those LED lited tanks...

so we saw many many nice zoas there..... (nice in my opinion hor)

asked auntie how much... auntie said all those reserved already.....

then we went to check out the zoas tanks behind..... eh.?

some of them looks like the ones we saw in front... so just grab a few lor.

almost just a green note per piece. maybe ask Karl to post some pics later tonight.

we took the zoas and dip into CoralRX. I think Karl will is convinced of its effectiveness already.

so many worms, nudis. damn disgusting..... I have lost all appetite for dinner already.

Gonna just much some bread. I dare not put the zoas in my corals tub. so just dropped them into my cycling main tank.

i think he is very busy now with his live rocks and dipping his zoas...

correct!

I think he's going to be busy until dunno wat time liao... :whistle

correct too!

still have to continue tonight.

he come back sure back ache HAHA

Extremely correct.... damn cannot stand straight.

• SRC Member
we took the zoas and dip into CoralRX. I think Karl will is convinced of its effectiveness already.

so many worms, nudis. damn disgusting..... I have lost all appetite for dinner already.

Gonna just much some bread. I dare not put the zoas in my corals tub. so just dropped them into my cycling main tank.

anymore coral RX to spare? :) one of my zoas rock not opening. sell me half oz can? hehezz..

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

Ok regarding the rocks... all small small pieces... palm size....

Tried to glued them and epoxy.... does not work... waited 30 mins and try to dry them using hair dryer... simply useless.

Thankfully Karl give a helping hand and we drilled and cable tied the rocks to give it a secured foundation.

basework . this pic has 4 rocks secured together.