My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

If my memory serves me right, there was a price tag there that reads: 8 brown + 8 blue + 8 red + 8 purple + 8x 50 cents.

But I didn't verify with the boss though.

k let me strike toto 1st :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

will not be surprise to see exotic fishes in Jacky's tank soon...

very tempted but my clown still having white spots :(

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
very tempted but my clown still having white spots :(

huh??? thought the white spots already gone??? came back after rescaping?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Ehhh...u sure or not???

brothers. Sure or not, I cannot guarantee. Like I mentioned I didn't cerify with the boss. Just saw the price tag and. Sign that says DO NOT KNOCK ON GLASS.

I'm equally shocked with the price tag. But if I gem tang can cost so high, why not this exotic piece?

:)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Supporter
brothers. Sure or not, I cannot guarantee. Like I mentioned I didn't cerify with the boss. Just saw the price tag and. Sign that says DO NOT KNOCK ON GLASS.

I'm equally shocked with the price tag. But if I gem tang can cost so high, why not this exotic piece?

:)

i dunno your colour code... too complicated liao... haha.... I only know it is 26 piece of blue notes.... :)

n the colour of the candy B is also very nice... had a sudden urge to own it!!!!! But have to calm myself down... :P

• SRC Member
i dunno your colour code... too complicated liao... haha.... I only know it is 26 piece of blue notes.... :)

n the colour of the candy B is also very nice... had a sudden urge to own it!!!!! But have to calm myself down... :P

GO and BUY... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

wow!...with this price tag i'm definitely out of the league...got resale value or not?

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
wow!...with this price tag i'm definitely out of the league...got resale value or not?

Fish where got resale value one? Unless some other people want it and have big pockets and you are the only one who has it then can sell high high. The brown is $500 or 1K note??? But now no more $500 notes liao... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Supporter

haha.. i know arowana got some resale value... but marine fish kinda hard, unless there is a collector... but then, from wat i understand, this Candy Basslet is the 2nd one that reach our shore (dunno how true) since years ago..... so this may be the resale value... u hardly get this fish arriving. It takes RB some convincing to be done before our AVA allow them to ship in...... not easy.

• SRC Member
haha.. i know arowana got some resale value... but marine fish kinda hard, unless there is a collector... but then, from wat i understand, this Candy Basslet is the 2nd one that reach our shore (dunno how true) since years ago..... so this may be the resale value... u hardly get this fish arriving. It takes RB some convincing to be done before our AVA allow them to ship in...... not easy.

if that is the case, i think most likely got resale value..haha...keeping this fish alive will be a big challenge...esp in terms of temp requirement...

Its like a car importer having to justify to LTA for importing dodge viper V12....

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
if that is the case, i think most likely got resale value..haha...keeping this fish alive will be a big challenge...esp in terms of temp requirement...

Its like a car importer having to justify to LTA for importing dodge viper V12....

This fish is is considered a deep water fish so it is more difficult to keep alive though it is not found at such deep depths like the klayi.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Nah.. Marine fish never have that kind of resale value.. besides the resale of Arowana is actually higher as it grows bigger.. marine fish grow bigger still can only fetch the same price.. if lucky.. else ones thread will just be another long lingering post at the buy/sell forum.. See the Gem Tangs fate we know already..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• Senior Reefer

there are some marine fishes with some resale value. although not alot. most especially seen in fairy wrasses, especially C. rhomboidalis, C. lineatus, C. laboutei and other upper tier wrasses. the longer you keep, the more alpha they become, the higher they command in the market.

just dumped all my frags in the tank.

not bonded to rock yet.

my messy FTS

Where have u been bro. I am using replica rocks now :P

g1 sold. Using g2 now

• SRC Member
just dumped all my frags in the tank.

not bonded to rock yet.

my messy FTS

Looking nice... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

wah, bery bery nice :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member
The new stuff looks familiar wor.

Nice. You are quick to get the pink and orange.

Master Jacky fastest hand, fastest leg in Singapore... :eyebrow::whistle:upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Bro,

you need to set the white balance in your camera so that it will not look so purple. Use the white balance setting option and point at either ur white or gray glass magnet and shoot once. Shoot at the side that is in the water.

I used to have LEDs and my pics turn out exactly like urs until i do the white balance. Alternatively, go through whatever preset light mode (ie flourescent,tangsten etc) and see if any of it corrects the purple look.

rgds,