My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

• SRC Member

thanks jacky. will consider to buy supersuns and coco worms :) in the meantime, must think of some space for those *grin*

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

thanks jacky. will consider to buy supersuns and coco worms smile.gif in the meantime, must think of some space for those *grin*

oh ya... blastos are pretty colorful too.... go GO to check them out.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

where to get supersuns nowadays?...LCK still the only place?

think so.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

lol... how's your tank now, Jun?

it's surviving ... i'll be stocking up a little soon, then maybe can publish. really just busy these past weeks until next week,but still have time to maintain.

i asked about the goby-anemone thingy coz my firefish got caught up with my BTA. :pinch: made a last breath escape, by the time i got to it - RIP.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

it's surviving ... i'll be stocking up a little soon, then maybe can publish. really just busy these past weeks until next week,but still have time to maintain.

i asked about the goby-anemone thingy coz my firefish got caught up with my BTA. pinch.gif made a last breath escape, by the time i got to it - RIP.

!!! firefish??? wow........

• SRC Member

Bro, how big is your firefish? BTAs are not predatory in nature, and the sting is not strong enough to kill. The fish was probably sick and weak in the first place that's how it ended up in the anemone's mouth. Carpet anemones and those $5 white/beige blue tip anemones though, they will prey on your fish.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Bro, how big is your firefish? BTAs are not predatory in nature, and the sting is not strong enough to kill. The fish was probably sick and weak in the first place that's how it ended up in the anemone's mouth. Carpet anemones and those $5 white/beige blue tip anemones though, they will prey on your fish.

thats what I thought. but maybe poomoon has a aggresive one :)

• SRC Member

nice ... are gobies prone to ending getting caught up in anemones ?

Yup, even if it is an aggressive anemone, a healthy fish should be able to dart out quickly. My firefish is always brushing past the rbta tentacles with no problems.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

RBTAs are pretty useless in prey capture ability.aiptasia probably has a stronger sting towards fishes than BTA. but that being said, depends on the strength of the fishes also..

actually if it is a sickly fish, can tell pretty easily one leh... especally for a firefish.

• SRC Member

yup that's what i understand bro. it's only about 1.5 inches. BTA fully expanded is already about 4 inches. what happened (i think) was the BTA extended from the rock it was anchored on to the side which is the cave where my fire sleeps. before that fish looks normal and eating well. i just thought of that because after that happened, the BTA extended again into that area. not sure ...

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

RBTAs are pretty useless in prey capture ability.aiptasia probably has a stronger sting towards fishes than BTA. but that being said, depends on the strength of the fishes also..

does it sting bro ? just asked, coz one feeding time, the pellet was sinking near the BTA and the firefish went at it. it missed biting the pellet and instead bit the BTA tentacle (yup saw it with my own eyes), after that looked like the fish got shocked, then it sped off back to it's cave, and stayed there for 2 days not coming out as he used to. though he recovered from that in guess, that was about a month ago.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Silly firefish... :P

Might be heading to AM later.

Anyone want to look out for anything?

what time are you heading down Jacky?

Likely 4:30 - 5pm

wha piang.. super ho mia... like no need to work like that... kns..

have to lah.... u cannot see only......

• SRC Member

... not this month lah..... u ready to start stocking already?

No lah. Juz went to get a long tentacle plate to replace the one that died some time back. My wife keep reminding me why I never replace that one... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

No lah. Juz went to get a long tentacle plate to replace the one that died some time back. My wife keep reminding me why I never replace that one... stuart.gif

so nice... wife can remind you to get LS.... lol

anything nice left in GO?

• SRC Member

so nice... wife can remind you to get LS.... lol

anything nice left in GO?

A LOT of Yumas...some nice most normal...$30/rock, 4 for $100.

Others are pretty normal stuff, cynarinas, brains, pratas, hammers, bubbles etc...

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

can chill out at Double O...lots of SYTs there...n drinks there is one of the cheapest....

where is that.... but then again.... no one is keen on an old haggard guy like me.... haha.....

so nvm lah....