My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

• Senior Reefer
update: have been looking at my tank and how it turned out isn't what I really wanted.

I want a clean sandbed with more fishes. Current set up gives me more space for corals but when I clean my tank, I keep knocking rocks/ corals off.

Going to get some articificial rocks and do a major rescape.

Going for minimalist look. easier to maintain tank too.

My girls will be able to see more of the fishes as well swimming in the tank.

Might even clear the sandbed and go bare bottom. or maybe just a shallow 1 cm sand bed.

easier for me to stir the detritus up too.

For rocks, will have to see what's available in JM.

I am also all for 100% artificial rock.

My scaping will depend on them. hope to scape a bonsai scape.

hopefully will also have time to frag all my zoas to smaller frags.

Wanted to get Furan 2 just now but was told it's a banned product in Singapore and it might cause cancer if mishandled.

umm... think I would rather let my zoas perish then to take the risk.

getting old already - scared of dying especially when my girls are so young :P

Another piece of exciting news is that my new light will be here soon. stay tuned!

clap! good idea on minimalist scaping. i took the plunge and removed about 10kg+++ of rocks. although not very minimalist, the exposed sandbed and increased swimming space is doing really good for my tank. less space for corals means cheaper and more swimming space = more fish, which adds movement and colours!

upgrade!!!

i thought you were gonna stick to your MH.. :eyebrow:

was intending to but itchy backside... someone brought the G2 topic up and I went to do some research.

Then contacted Vico (MaxSpect owner I think) to find out more about G2 and Razali got involve and .... long story....

never hear from them for a few weeks, no pricing given to me and suddenly today tell my my unit was shipped yesterday.

you got the plastic cover from Razali already kiko? Else I can ask him to bring to my place and you can collect from me.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

clap! good idea on minimalist scaping. i took the plunge and removed about 10kg+++ of rocks. although not very minimalist, the exposed sandbed and increased swimming space is doing really good for my tank. less space for corals means cheaper and more swimming space = more fish, which adds movement and colours!

k k hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

at least now I know what I really want. onward with the enlightenment.

want to scrub my tank clean too. Coraline growing like mad......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
was intending to but itchy backside... someone brought the G2 topic up and I went to do some research.

Then contacted Vico (MaxSpect owner I think) to find out more about G2 and Razali got involve and .... long story....

never hear from them for a few weeks, no pricing given to me and suddenly today tell my my unit was shipped yesterday.

you got the plastic cover from Razali already kiko? Else I can ask him to bring to my place and you can collect from me.

Ehhhh...U never order, don't know the price and yet your unit was shipped??? :eyebrow::whistle

So the unit must be FOC for you lor... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Bro. Did u order the maxspec online or thru DE? I have a few items that I'm contemplating to buy from fishstreet.

I have been corresponding with MaxSpect for quite a number of months - even before Razali announced MaxSpect distributorship.

Eventually I got it thru DE.

If ya considering MaxSpect.... hmmm my 2 cents is that with electronics, it is always safer to have warranty coverage.

you never know if you got a lemon set and if anything goes wrong, then you will end up incurring much higher cost & inconvenience.

but that is just me.

So how, you still want the cloves?

Ehhhh...U never order, don't know the price and yet your unit was shipped??? :eyebrow::whistle

So the unit must be FOC for you lor... :rolleyes:

told you very long story..... hard to explain.

several units are shipped, not just mine.

If I don't want, then they just sell to others lor.

and ya I really wish its FOC.

I have been corresponding with MaxSpect for quite a number of months - even before Razali announced MaxSpect distributorship.

Eventually I got it thru DE.

If ya considering MaxSpect.... hmmm my 2 cents is that with electronics, it is always safer to have warranty coverage.

you never know if you got a lemon set and if anything goes wrong, then you will end up incurring much higher cost & inconvenience.

but that is just me.

So how, you still want the cloves?

hmmm. I guess I'll adopt the wait and see position first.

Hey the cloves, I told Ray collection is a big problem. Plus I need to check if this is the normal cloves or those with yellow/golden stripes.

I believe Ray said he may want it. I'll check with him tmrw k?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

hmmm. I guess I'll adopt the wait and see position first.

Hey the cloves, I told Ray collection is a big problem. Plus I need to check if this is the normal cloves or those with yellow/golden stripes.

I believe Ray said he may want it. I'll check with him tmrw k?

erhhh can... it is actually a mixture of normal & special yellow golden stripes.

might be too big for Rays tank. lol.

• SRC Member

yupp...

met him at iwarna today.. :upsidedown:

saw so many people at iwarna today..

cant put their faces to any nicks...

looks like i have not met alot of reefers yet...

felt like going around one by one asking them what is their name and SRC nick..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

yupp...

met him at iwarna today.. :upsidedown:

saw so many people at iwarna today..

cant put their faces to any nicks...

looks like i have not met alot of reefers yet...

felt like going around one by one asking them what is their name and SRC nick..

A lot of reefers out there and many of them not posters like us.

just keep quiet and read and read and buy and buy.

so quite likely even if they tell you nick also you dunno them :P

nice discovery!

My Armour of God has yet another baby. 4 polyps now from 1 lone survivor :) wooohooo.....

Colours still not intense enough though.

i only know a few reefers here lol,hi uncle jacky :P

geez tanks Oni! sensitive word to use bro on middle age man.

Did I mention that that was this 50 yrs old lady at the coffeeshop collection dishes and she called me Uncle..... My goodness, almost fainted. Dunno whether to laugh or to cry.

• SRC Member

Did I mention that that was this 50 yrs old lady at the coffeeshop collection dishes and she called me Uncle..... My goodness, almost fainted. Dunno whether to laugh or to cry.

jacky, you really that "old" liao ah?....at least beta than coffeeshop pple call me xiao di.

l7304smr.jpg

jacky, you really that "old" liao ah?....at least beta than coffeeshop pple call me xiao di.

actually no leh... still 30 +++++++++.

so sad........ maybe I look old. too many late nights.....

• SRC Member

lolol okok, bro jacky HAHAHAHA. disturb you nia.. (i am in the uncle age soon wanna cry :cry2::pinch::sick::eyeblur:

• SRC Member

hallo... i got even worse nightmare. This woman at the pedestrian crossing btw Tampines Mrt and Tampines Mall was trying to sell me tissue paper.

"Uncle u want 2 buy tissue? 3 for 1 dollaaar only."

I showed her my hand and walked off

• SRC Member
hallo... i got even worse nightmare. This woman at the pedestrian crossing btw Tampines Mrt and Tampines Mall was trying to sell me tissue paper.

bro you where got look so old.. LOL :wacko: i think the auntie term is boy/man = uncle, girl/woman = auntie :lol:

ZM, promoted so fast lol.......

thought you showed her your middle finger.... haha.

hehe...i'm in my mid-30s....

same as uncle Peter Tee....

interesting hobby where you have reefers from 13 yrs old till 50+ yrs old.