My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

• SRC Member
BY the way, I saw similar one of the selley knead it at HomeFix; cost about $5.40;

But it is white in color when done. So did not get it just now.

post-16860-1263542395_thumb.png

post-16860-1263542417.jpg

Features

Will not sag, run or drip.

Easy to use - no mess.

Can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted one hour after mixing.

Good adhesive strength.

Can be used to reshape, rebuild and repair a multitude of surfaces and applications.

Good gap filling properties.

Long-lasting, durable solution.

Heat resistant to 120ºC continuously or 140ºC intermittently.

Can be used under fresh or salt water.

Longer set time (less than 20 min).

Suitable for contact with drinking water. Complies with AS/NZS 4020, QAS Type Test Certificate No.: 8649.

Higher tack for underwater repairs.

I think this was the one bro ahsiang was mentioning ...

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
BY the way, I saw similar one of the selley knead it at HomeFix; cost about $5.40;

But it is white in color when done. So did not get it just now.

post-16860-1263542395_thumb.png

post-16860-1263542417.jpg

Features

Will not sag, run or drip.

Easy to use - no mess.

Can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted one hour after mixing.

Good adhesive strength.

Can be used to reshape, rebuild and repair a multitude of surfaces and applications.

Good gap filling properties.

Long-lasting, durable solution.

Heat resistant to 120ºC continuously or 140ºC intermittently.

Can be used under fresh or salt water.

Longer set time (less than 20 min).

Suitable for contact with drinking water. Complies with AS/NZS 4020, QAS Type Test Certificate No.: 8649.

Higher tack for underwater repairs.

yes, it's white in colour...if you want to concede the epoxy, stick it underneath yr rock, then it will not be so obvious.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
or maybe stick some argonite / sand on the surface ? :eyebrow:

Or paint it purple... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
then just go back D-D .... :whistle

Then go back to skimmer cannot skim... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Then go back to skimmer cannot skim... :whistle

ok ... can we start over again ! <_<

anyway, i guess maybe i didn't experience this bcoz i glued my rocks (using D-D) in a tub, then let it set as time to time i'd pour NSW on it. when it became quite set, put it in the tank, and it was ok. but when i did some adjusting to one area and began to work it under, then that murky thing started to come out. luckily not too much.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Er so aftwr I buy the epoxy. I take both the rock and coral to be pasted on out then dry the surface areas to be glued. Will the coral suffer abit of die off?Coz like that the coral will leave the tankwater. coz I wanna glue my zoa and monti frags. Sry ah Jacky yr thread becoming a epoxy help thread =x

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Er so aftwr I buy the epoxy. I take both the rock and coral to be pasted on out then dry the surface areas to be glued. Will the coral suffer abit of die off?Coz like that the coral will leave the tankwater. coz I wanna glue my zoa and monti frags. Sry ah Jacky yr thread becoming a epoxy help thread =x

No problem. But if you are worried, better to buy the shelly's epoxy for underwater. Can use that in water. :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

no worries. this is good for learning anyway.

at least we are not talking about if Megan Fox is a man or lady haha.....

Can take out the frag, dry the underneath, apply epoxy, hold them together for a min, then put back into the water.

corals will survive.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
no worries. this is good for learning anyway.

at least we are not talking about if Megan Fox is a man or lady haha.....

Can take out the frag, dry the underneath, apply epoxy, hold them together for a min, then put back into the water.

corals will survive.

:eyebrow: You are still obsessed with whether Megan Fox is male or female... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

i swear by D&D epoxy. extremely user friendly and very strong once cured. and i mean very...very..very.. strong.... once i tried to remove a dead favia off the rock. tried pulling the dead skeleton off the rock but the epoxy was soo strong, i ended up breaking the skeleton with my hands while underwater....and the bloody epoxy still stuck there. was a painful and BLOODY expererience lol. think my fishes like the blood ._. sharks now..

so no chance that ur rocks will collapse if u use DND epoxy. dun use so much if u dun wan to have problems removing it next time ^_^

and the purple colour of DND epoxy looks very much like coraline algae. so its more pleasing to see.

:eyebrow: You are still obsessed with whether Megan Fox is male or female... :whistle

I am obsessed with Megan Fox- YES

Whether she is a he or she.... I dun give a damn lol........

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

i swear by D&D epoxy. extremely user friendly and very strong once cured. and i mean very...very..very.. strong.... once i tried to remove a dead favia off the rock. tried pulling the dead skeleton off the rock but the epoxy was soo strong, i ended up breaking the skeleton with my hands while underwater....and the bloody epoxy still stuck there. was a painful and BLOODY expererience lol. think my fishes like the blood ._. sharks now..

so no chance that ur rocks will collapse if u use DND epoxy. dun use so much if u dun wan to have problems removing it next time ^_^

and the purple colour of DND epoxy looks very much like coraline algae. so its more pleasing to see.

Yeah they epoxy is strong. The thing is - with all the rocks bonded - I moved the based rock back by an inch on both the left side and right side.

So at that time, perhaps the bonding broke and hence the collapse.

Also if you epoxy rocks, it works great. but if you are trying to epoxy a small frag with minimum rock onto a base rock in the tank water itself, it is very difficult.

you will need a tweezer/pincer/ cotton bud to push the epoxy to the bonding surface.

checked my corals today. There is a few zoa frags not opened.

yumas still not happy.

but my Sun coral... boomed..... super big. Maybe because of the stronger flow.

I have sold off all my mushrooms now. The yumas have been migrated to higher level and I am able to power my MP10 to 70% of its power.

Short pulsing at the longest interval. :evil:

ORP has dropped to 320 when lights are switched on :(

used to be 380. Hope the water condition improves soon.

• Senior Reefer
Yeah they epoxy is strong. The thing is - with all the rocks bonded - I moved the based rock back by an inch on both the left side and right side.

Also if you epoxy rocks, it works great. but if you are trying to epoxy a small frag with minimum rock onto a base rock in the tank water itself, it is very difficult.

you will need a tweezer/pincer/ cotton bud to push the epoxy to the bonding surface.

super glue them to a larger more managable rock first then epoxy it. or just glue them straight away to the rocks. i agree on this. epoxy isnt really that user friendly when it comes to smaller things. larger corals also got problem...especially if u epoxying them vertically or at an angle. sometimes too heavy the epoxy wont hold it before it cures.

If that's the case, then I suggest for you to stick it to a small rock first then bond it to the main rock. Especially for those 1-2 polyps zoa frags, go Irwana or CF and ask auntie for those unwanted sps skeletons. Wash them well and use them as frag plugs. then epoxy these "frag plugs" to your rocks. It will be much easier I hope (:

Anyway, I think all epoxies are the same leh. Don't find them any difference around lehh... *hmm*

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Jacky, Any pics of your new rockscape??? :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

lol no lah guys. Just a silly thought.

Will at most get a 24 x15 inch x 18 inch tank so that I can reuse my existing eqpt.

gallons should not exceed 25.

Aiyoh !!! not enuf trust me. Like they say in hokkien "Buay Kau Sng" u knw. Go for the 3ft lah. :evil:

Tank specs : 2 x 1.5 x1.5

Here's a little something to cheer you up from the scaping mess... :eyebrow:

morale boosted....!!!!

If it gets too messy, I would do a 100% rescape to fix all the problems. I find using super glue gel more effective compared to epoxy, but its more effective to do it dry than underwater.

rescape the whole thing..... gulp.... think I will just leave the castle as it is.

Think I got used to the look already. :P

• SRC Member
rescape the whole thing..... gulp.... think I will just leave the castle as it is.

Think I got used to the look already. :P

Where's the FTS??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: