My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

hey guys,pls be reminded when using epoxy. do not over use at 1 go.

ur tank may crash. heard about it before,than seen before too.

thanks for the caution ReD. will be careful.

Checked livestock this morning.

Seemed ok. woohooooo.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
I am only epoxying about 4 rocks.

used about 30% already.

The next round will reckon about another 30% cause I am dangling a plateau with just 1 leg support.

Hows the rescaping? everything settled? i suppose now you will not have much dead spots?

Pics please!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
wha bro.. never gimme frags.. =[

:paiseh: wanna do head to head exchange for some of your rics? :eyebrow: i give discount la, 1 ric head = 3 polyps :P

hahaa jkjk I've more or less cleaned up my tank of unwanted corals. (Just to clarify: not me who don't want them, it's my gf who doesn't want them...)

With my tank more or less stabilised since the rescaping project, can start stocking up from our fav store soon! I paid them a visit late last night, so sad all the gems sold. Only left tt solid prata tt is really tempting me... hahaa

Think I will just concentrate on my newest project this festive season... Might even be able to make a production line out from it and start selling! :)

• SRC Member
:paiseh: wanna do head to head exchange for some of your rics? :eyebrow: i give discount la, 1 ric head = 3 polyps :P

hahaa jkjk I've more or less cleaned up my tank of unwanted corals. (Just to clarify: not me who don't want them, it's my gf who doesn't want them...)

With my tank more or less stabilised since the rescaping project, can start stocking up from our fav store soon! I paid them a visit late last night, so sad all the gems sold. Only left tt solid prata tt is really tempting me... hahaa

Think I will just concentrate on my newest project this festive season... Might even be able to make a production line out from it and start selling! :)

u talking abt GO?

i was there lastnight as well...

just wanna check out the good stuff...

but the only thing that caught my eyes were the cute red pratas..

but i was in a hurry so didnt ask the price..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member
u talking abt GO?

i was there lastnight as well...

just wanna check out the good stuff...

but the only thing that caught my eyes were the cute red pratas..

but i was in a hurry so didnt ask the price..

More than 5 blue notes for the one I'm eyeing :eyebrow: The others prob abit lesser.

• SRC Member

haha.. no worries dude! just pulling your leg! hahaha...

I'm starting too look out for some yuma frags now.. normal ones will do.. thinking of a small yuma corner at bottom sandbed...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Ray

Unable to take the full tank shot now. Too much reflection from the sunlight.

Will try to take one tonight.

For yumas, I am thinking of letting go these 2 polyps on a huge rock.

Think the rock will be too huge for your tank too.

The last 2 at the background.

The rock a little too huge for my liking.

PM me if you like it. They are pinkish green in colour.

I should have zero deadspot now. The back of my rockscape is about 2 inch away from the back tank wall.

Will try to grow starpolyps there on the backwall.

Comy

My tank is not running well at the moment. Somehow the silly skimmer is not functioning for the last 3 days.

some of the polyps are still closed. :(

Need help on Tunze 9002. - users pls advise.

My skimmer is not skimming anything out.

There a lot of bubbles produced but no foam.

I have checked - pump and air intake valve are all clear.

water level is ok.

somehow, it is just not foaming. Can anyone help?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

your tub gonna be used for harvesting pods/ brine?

Mandarin:

speaking of pods - here's some pics of my mandarin

your tub gonna be used for harvesting pods/ brine?

Mandarin:

speaking of pods - here's some pics of my mandarin

hey jacky been following your thread for quite a while now and i must say it is super impressive! you have inspired me to make a nano cube! anyway speaking of which, is your mandarin thriving on the reef nutrition copepods?? been wanting to get a mandarin but kinda afraid of how to get copepods for it. thumbs up for your nano!

hey jacky been following your thread for quite a while now and i must say it is super impressive! you have inspired me to make a nano cube! anyway speaking of which, is your mandarin thriving on the reef nutrition copepods?? been wanting to get a mandarin but kinda afraid of how to get copepods for it. thumbs up for your nano!

lol thanks bro. Very encouraging.

I have had a lot a lot of help from a number of fellow reefers - some who do post here and some don't.

But take this chance to give a BIG thank you to all who have been helping me with my tank.

Still a far cry from what I want to achieve but given that the tank is barely 2 months old, I am quite satisfied with the progress.

I started with feeding live copepods (expensive) but in the midst of transiting to feeding processed pods.

If you have plans to keep mandarin, easier way would be to get from ML as most of his livestock feeds on Henry's frozen food.Some Mandarin feed on mysis as well and some are trained to take pellets.

Else, you can proceed with getting Tigger live pods but not sure if that is sustainable in the long run and worried about stock availability as well.

Check out Comycus tank thread as well. I think he is breeding copepods.

Need help on Tunze 9002. - users pls advise.

My skimmer is not skimming anything out.

There a lot of bubbles produced but no foam.

I have checked - pump and air intake valve are all clear.

water level is ok.

somehow, it is just not foaming. Can anyone help?

Add update on my rescape casualty.

I lifted a rock off the sandbed to place it elsewhere and something came floating up.

It was my pipefish. I thought it was swimming away till I nice something is not right.

It was drifting in the tank and not swimming.

I took a closer look and noticed that the whole tail is gone!!!

OMG!!!!

it cannot balance and steer itself and drifted into the Supersuns.

It was unable to even get out of the suns tentacles. I had to intervene to free it.

Very sad. I am wondering if I had accidentally crushed its tail or placed the rock on top of it while rescaping.

Else how can the tail go missing.

Anyway after I freed it, it just drifted somewhere and disappeared from my sight.

RIP my pipefish :(

sayang bro =/ know how heart breaking it is :(

yeah. They were doing so well in the tank till ......... Urggg......

hey hows the jawfish?

lol thanks bro. Very encouraging.

I have had a lot a lot of help from a number of fellow reefers - some who do post here and some don't.

But take this chance to give a BIG thank you to all who have been helping me with my tank.

Still a far cry from what I want to achieve but given that the tank is barely 2 months old, I am quite satisfied with the progress.

I started with feeding live copepods (expensive) but in the midst of transiting to feeding processed pods.

If you have plans to keep mandarin, easier way would be to get from ML as most of his livestock feeds on Henry's frozen food.Some Mandarin feed on mysis as well and some are trained to take pellets.

Else, you can proceed with getting Tigger live pods but not sure if that is sustainable in the long run and worried about stock availability as well.

Check out Comycus tank thread as well. I think he is breeding copepods.

Can PM me where you get the live pod and how much?

Cheers

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Ray, here's mine.

due to my lighting (using 20k MH now) I think the blue does not stand out.

Side view to show how much they extend out.

Can PM me where you get the live pod and how much?

Cheers

Sherman, I think AM posted the price already. 39.90 SGD per bottle and a 50% discount on second bottle onwards if there is still a promo.

Quite good the pods. you should try it.

merry christmas jacky. nice B.merleti. waiting for a FTS! :)

Hey thanks.

Merry Christmas to you too Lemon.

Lorenzo, you sun.

Did not dare to feed him yesterday coz the skimmer was down.

think I can do so tml :)

Beginning to love zoas. In fact, I think I like them more than SPS.

the problem with Nano is that it is very difficult to find small pieces for sale.

Those who has established zoa tanks are usually not that willing to share frags having taken years to collect them (and I understand where they are coming from).

and especially share with strangers that they do not know. Probably also the trouble to take out the zoas and frag them.

I take that as a challenge and hopefully in the next one year, I can have as wonderful a collection as Bro Cedric. Think of New York Broadway Billboards :)

Thanks to Bro Comy and Peacemaker who sold me frag packs to get started and Peter who gave me a frag.

So here's my unfanciful collection. (Took these photo yesterday. Skimmer was down and tank was not in the best of conditions so some of the polyps were closed.)

Heres a view how small some of the frags are.

just a small bunch of 10 polyps.

Can starpolyps be grown on the back tank wall just by placing a small colony there?