Where to get beckett 1408

Edwin

• SRC Member
I am making a BIG skimmer, and it is too expensive to buy skimmers of those sizes.

Haha.... you must be the Edwin that the Sales person at Hai Cheong was referring too.....

WOW.... your skimmer is really BIG!!!!....

How large your reef gonna be????? :blink:

• SRC Member

in my case, i'm waiting for the quotation from HC. butta due to the recent surge of people going there to buy stuff from them, they r sort of raising the price now. or may be they dun like me :unsure:

for a 2.5ft with translucent PVC+flanges on injector, main tube and collection, it's around $300-400 ;) may be i just get the component and glue them up myself ... ;)

• SRC Member
humm.. including the beckett 1408 + pump, will be ~$500-600? That is consider pretty ex. for a diy? It will be quite close to the H&S? What do u think your skimmer is able to handle? 800-1000L tank? :blink:

800-1000L that's abt right. thus thinking of juz getting the component from HC and glue them up myself. :ph34r:

• SRC Member
Hee..hee.. just one last question. So how much does it cost if it is just the components alone (without help service)?

i need to check that out with them. butta u will still need them to drill for u. unless u can do that of cos. i can't <_<

will let u know

If you ask Hai Cheong to do it for u then its expensive as labor cost is high. I wanted them to do it for me the last time but too expensive and the skimmer design is not yet perfect.

For DIY skimmers u have to undergo a trial and error approach till u find the right proportion.

• SRC Member

I was there yesterday at HC...according to Ms Tan...the quote was 600+ for the entire Aerofoamer construction in pvc...hey...i can do that for $400 (acrylic construction with laser cut components as well as proper oring seals)!! :P

hehehhee...that is if someone is actually interested!!

If you want, i can give u *big* discount!! :P

but in exchange, i need your help next time for ~nice aquascaping for my new tank!..planning for it now...gathering equipment and pvc fittings! B)

Sure! :D

Is this the exact 1408 unit that you guys are using to mod your skimmers?

Fountain Head, Foam Jet

This fountain head comes with one 7-1/2" extension tube and a 1/4" FNPT or 1/2" FNPT slip connector for easy connection to the pump

post-9-1041486193.gif

• SRC Member
Actually, I need to order my beckett first from overseas... :)

Are you the one doing something with Hai Cheong?

;)

yup. actually quite a few of us eg. pacificbetta & phang.

conclusion: material is cheap, labour cost d@mn ex. :ph34r: