Deltec skimmer help pls.

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Hi, i just got this new deltec APF600 to replace my spoilt one. i have a question tho, pardon my noobness since i have never used this brand before.

how do i adjust the water level in the skimmer? i have tried placing my hand over the water outflow and it seems that the less water flow out, the higher the water inside rise. now i just need to know how to control this as and when i like. do i have to get a valve or something?

the transparent pipe with the grey 90 degree elbow is where the water flows out. i need to know how to control that...

post-15755-1252414427_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi, i just got this new deltec APF600 to replace my spoilt one. i have a question tho, pardon my noobness since i have never used this brand before.

how do i adjust the water level in the skimmer? i have tried placing my hand over the water outflow and it seems that the less water flow out, the higher the water inside rise. now i just need to know how to control this as and when i like. do i have to get a valve or something?

the transparent pipe with the grey 90 degree elbow is where the water flows out. i need to know how to control that...

doesnt it come with a valve at the output to control the water level?

• Senior Reefer

doesnt it come with a valve at the output to control the water level?

there is no valve. however i notice that its quite okay to leave it at default setting. because i notice the foam level rises pretty fast into the collection cup. maybe its a good thing afterall. but im curious, if the skimmer produces dry skim because of the water level, then do i have to get a valve?

• SRC Member
there is no valve. however i notice that its quite okay to leave it at default setting. because i notice the foam level rises pretty fast into the collection cup. maybe its a good thing afterall. but im curious, if the skimmer produces dry skim because of the water level, then do i have to get a valve?

try turning ur air valve to 1 o'clock position. that will produce a dry skim mate

• Senior Reefer

try turning ur air valve to 1 o'clock position. that will produce a dry skim mate

thanks! i'll try that.

bro is there any valve as shown in the drawing below? AP851 has it, to control wet skim or dry skim (to adjust the level depending on your preferences]

post-15831-1252415289_thumb.jpg

there is no valve there. the only valve is the air valve.