Yellow Clown Goby not eating

• SRC Member

Anyone has any idea how to get my YCB to start feeding? Bought him on thurs when he just came in, until now still refusing to eat anything. Tried Frozen Mysis, ON prime reef, Arctic pods, cyclopeeze. Refuse to eat anything. Gonna try Henry's and frozen brine tmr. Anything else I should do? Isolate it in my beta box? transfer to qt tank?

He's currently making friends with my 2 juv true percs now in the beta box. Always swims inside to say hi and pay them a visit. Unlike my 3 pigs (chromis) who only know how to disturb them. FYI I just opened up the sides of my beta box today so the 3 percs can choose to swim out if they want to. Been adviced that they can fend for themselves already.

try to use flake......dont let them float on the water surface...try to make them circulate

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer
Can someone tell me how you feed your yellow clown goby? Mine's still surviving after 3 weeks, although I don't see him eating any of my food during feeding time. Stomach doesn't seem to be v. sunken. Or am I mistaken?

post-16489-1253633406_thumb.jpg

looks alright to me, albeit slightly thinner than i would like. the arch on its belly should be full and round. try separating it in a separate betta box or something and try using live brine? these fishes are generally easy to feed. not sure why urs is not feeding.

live brine, adult brine shrimp has not much nutritional value unless enriched with additives like selcon etc. however i find the live brine shrimps very useful in weaning stubborn fishes to eat. once they start to eat, feeding them frozen food is easy. the initial bite is the hardest, and with live food, usually makes it easier.

• SRC Member

lol my beta box is open, it always swims in to perch on the pipe. In fact, when I'm feeding, its usually in the box... Just ignores anything that goes past it.

I've tried live brine, so many varieties of frozen food, all also don't work. The past week has already been an improvement. At least it swallows food like once in a blue moon and spits it back out. And instead of hiding in the rockwork, or at the corner of the tank near the waterline, it is starting to mingle at least with my juv percs.

Nothing to do except continue doing what I'm doing and hope for the best I guess? The only problem I have to fight with daily is my increased algae, sandbed's back to brown again. :( At least my nitrates and phosphates are well under control for the time being.

• Senior Reefer
lol my beta box is open, it always swims in to perch on the pipe. In fact, when I'm feeding, its usually in the box... Just ignores anything that goes past it.

I've tried live brine, so many varieties of frozen food, all also don't work. The past week has already been an improvement. At least it swallows food like once in a blue moon and spits it back out. And instead of hiding in the rockwork, or at the corner of the tank near the waterline, it is starting to mingle at least with my juv percs.

Nothing to do except continue doing what I'm doing and hope for the best I guess? The only problem I have to fight with daily is my increased algae, sandbed's back to brown again. :( At least my nitrates and phosphates are well under control for the time being.

it will eventually feed..at least it is picking on food.