Weekly Update - 7th Sep to 13th Sep 09

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

think maybe we should move this topic elsewhere as this is LFS update forum :D

*ps just a note. JM marine is to be honest, one of my worst LFS experience. when i was a noob and got them to set up my tank 2 years ago, kena carrot BIG TIME with inferior equipment. now slowly upgrading.

• SRC Member
think maybe we should move this topic elsewhere as this is LFS update forum :D

*ps just a note. JM marine is to be honest, one of my worst LFS experience. when i was a noob and got them to set up my tank 2 years ago, kena carrot BIG TIME with inferior equipment. now slowly upgrading.

You are talking about ##### Marine right? Anyway, right now, Julia is in charge of the shop assisted by her Indo worker (maid?). I got their 2ft tank with quick start system a couple of months ago and it's doing pretty well up till now. But are there any other LFS in the west area that are good?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
You are talking about ##### Marine right? Anyway, right now, Julia is in charge of the shop assisted by her Indo worker (maid?). I got their 2ft tank with quick start system a couple of months ago and it's doing pretty well up till now. But are there any other LFS in the west area that are good?

I bought one and the one LS from them - a royal dottyback. I was noob then and the seller said that it is NON-AGGRESIVE. To be fair, the guy did feed the fish with pellets to confirm that it's feeding. That little devil terrorized all it's tank mates. Even the yellowtail damsel was afraid of it.

I do recall the 'LongKang' comment on one of the threads here ^_^. Would be good to pay a visit just to "longkang fish". LOL.

I saw the farm when I took my kid to QH for longkang fishing. At first didn't know it was 'that' shop but immediately did a 180 degree turn when I saw the shop name.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

You can try Marine Life. The boss there has excellent reef knowledge and provide good service. Price is about 50% higher than the LFS in the East.

• SRC Member
You can try Marine Life. The boss there has excellent reef knowledge and provide good service. Price is about 50% higher than the LFS in the East.

I stay in the West area so no way for me to go to the East area to get my LS... :angel:

Will check Marine Life out in future.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
I stay in the West area so no way for me to go to the East area to get my LS... :angel:

Will check Marine Life out in future.

LCK, CF, all in the west.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

LCK updates

- plenty of those blue hornet zoos left.

- super suns

- LPS. elegance, torch, hammer, bubble, true octo, brain, blasto etc etc.

- small adult blue angels. about 3 inches.

- sohal tangs

- yellow tang

- sailfin tang

- neon gobies

- exquisite wrasses

- radiant wrasse

- ORA nake-d clowns

- ORA orchid dottyback

- one king angel

- french angel

- sailfin tang

- flame angels

- african flameback

- peppermint shrimps

- eight-line wrasse

- bicolour angelfish

- allardi?? clowns. with a white forked tail

- foxface, blue devil damsel, flame cardinal

- maroon clown

• Senior Reefer

GO as of yesterday (sry forgot to update)

- plenty of assorted and usual LPS. hammer, anchor, bubbles, octos.

- two very special anchor corals with golden tips. this is not the branching kind, but rather the one with the flabello-meandroid skeleton.

- very very nice green blasto colony. neon green with spectacular dark green stripes at the skirting... if your wallet is thick enough......

Sealife came in new Africa shipment with many BEAUTIFUL radiant wrasse(juv to alpha male adult), african flameback, allardi juv, Chrysurus angel and midas blenny.

Exisiting hawaii and Red Sea stock like flame angel, yellow tang, golden butterfly, sohal tang and purple tang still available.

In addition, plenty of indo pacific stock as well- powder blue, blue face angel, occellaris clown and many more.

Best Iridis wrasse shipment I have seen :yeah::yeah:

• Senior Reefer
Sealife came in new Africa shipment with many BEAUTIFUL radiant wrasse(juv to alpha male adult), african flameback, allardi juv, Chrysurus angel and midas blenny.

Exisiting hawaii and Red Sea stock like flame angel, yellow tang, golden butterfly, sohal tang and purple tang still available.

In addition, plenty of indo pacific stock as well- powder blue, blue face angel, occellaris clown and many more.

Best Iridis wrasse shipment I have seen :yeah::yeah:

so got yourself a new pair?