Weekly Update - 31th Aug to 6th Sep 09

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you think about it, just the common clownfish has a very poor record of survival. The reason why latz seem to have a "worse" record for survival is that so few are brought in, and even less make it alive. Think about common ocellaris, more than half of them will perish in wild shipments due to brookynella. You don't view them as having poor record of survival, as the sheer numbers that make it overshadows the mortality percentage. It all boils down to the basics like handling stress, shipping stress, quarantine and acclimatization.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

:D OK lemme check with my 'sources' to see if they can be brought in for 'prosperity' sake. :eyebrow:

If you think about it, just the common clownfish has a very poor record of survival. The reason why latz seem to have a "worse" record for survival is that so few are brought in, and even less make it alive. Think about common ocellaris, more than half of them will perish in wild shipments due to brookynella. You don't view them as having poor record of survival, as the sheer numbers that make it overshadows the mortality percentage. It all boils down to the basics like handling stress, shipping stress, quarantine and acclimatization.

din manage to see the clown gobies at ahbeng

anyone spotted YELLOW CLOWN GOBIES? thanks!

Wah bro u so sway ah, last week still have many in the tank when i go there, but i need to Q up to catch the gobies that time coz got 2 more bro waiting to take turn to catch the fish, nv expect it to be so popular.. lol i believe some one buy in bulk or what. Been to GO to get the xenia u mention, haha according to robin all 15 pcs also gone in one purchase by one customer. Same fate :paiseh:

• Senior Reefer
Wah bro u so sway ah, last week still have many in the tank when i go there, but i need to Q up to catch the gobies that time coz got 2 more bro waiting to take turn to catch the fish, nv expect it to be so popular.. lol i believe some one buy in bulk or what. Been to GO to get the xenia u mention, haha according to robin all 15 pcs also gone in one purchase by one customer. Same fate :paiseh:

yah very suay leh..=(

maybe later going to pasir ris check out again..

Iwarna has yellow clown gobies. Lots of small yellow tangss, small anthias, big Kole.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
iwarna left a few barletts only. (manage to get one phew!)

no more bandit.

left only lemopnpeel angel, flame angel, yellow tangs.

Hi bro,

Can i knw if there are any small yellow tangs? looking for those around 50cent size or slightly bigger ones...

• Senior Reefer
Hi bro,

Can i knw if there are any small yellow tangs? looking for those around 50cent size or slightly bigger ones...

lots of small yellow tangs. got small, but i dont think 50 cent so small. slightly bigger.

• Senior Reefer
just came back from SEALIFE

lots of purple tangs!!!

porter angels

bandit angel (x1)

sohals

ashur angels

small size elegance

lots of small and big yellow tangs

elegance what colour u know?

• Senior Reefer
does anyone know where got tuxedo urchins n cerith snail?? thanks alot

tuxedo urchins saw some at ahbeng last week. coral farm have also. cerith snails never see anywhere. maybe i blind.

there are no royal grammas at iwarna.

• SRC Member
tuxedo urchins saw some at ahbeng last week. coral farm have also. cerith snails never see anywhere. maybe i blind.

there are no royal grammas at iwarna.

hmm thx bro

I've been hunting for ceith snails for quite some time le.. also never see any