Weekly Update - 31th Aug to 6th Sep 09

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Here's my update from my trip to Golden Octopus (aka kim sotong in hokkien)

and guess wat i bought...haha...one rock of blasto...(called it "incredible hulk" as the head is bright green and the flesh is dark)

lots of cloves, bubbles, octo, hammers, huge elegance, (pink tip and purple tip), brainees, and left over sps.

on the 12th-14th sept, there will be shipment of bumble bee snails and new corals...(good for clearing algae).

nothing special on the pratas...the red ones are snapped up...left the green ones...so so...

still have a lot of yumas....rock and individual forms...big and small ones...mostly green and light green in colour...pink yogurt colours snapped up liao...

lots of orange-green acan echinata...(pls dun put them close to acan lord...i had a recent incident my echinata ate 2 of my lord's head...but will grow back)

post-15124-1251695481.jpg

post-15124-1251695495.jpg

post-15124-1251695507.jpg

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Well, since the first and only time I saw them in ##### years back, I think its damn pretty already. Then couple of months back, saw the thread regarding breeding them. However at that point of time, was busy with ns so didn't bother. Now I'm abit free and the recent rc thread make me feel like trying them.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Well, since the first and only time I saw them in ##### years back, I think its damn pretty already. Then couple of months back, saw the thread regarding breeding them. However at that point of time, was busy with ns so didn't bother. Now I'm abit free and the recent rc thread make me feel like trying them.

Yo Weisheng,

You must be reading MOFIB with regards to the breeding of Orange Spotted Filefish. Its heartening to see that the standards of husbandry have increase tremendously over the past few years. From what I know, he managed to have 12 offspring in a year! :bow:

I do know of a senior (MOFIB Mod) who have tried pairing and breeding them without feeding them sps polyps, I will ask him the next time I meet him and let you have more info.

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

CF no more ghost pipefish... It released some larvae while in the bag. Have observed it stalking my mysids but didnt notice any real strike yet. Hopefully it starts feeding tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Good news, it is feeding.

Bad news, it just ate one of my smaller sized peppermint shrimps. I only saw peppermint antennas out from its mouth. Looks like I have to take out all the smaller shrimps! Expensive meal...

Coral Farm also has 2 pcs of mimic cleaner, Aspidontus taeniatus. First time I have seen these in the hobby. For those who are interested in taking a look they are in the middle section of tanks along with the dottybacks.

• Senior Reefer
img3706o.jpg

Lemon's harlequins are behind, bought them over from CF too. Too huge to resist. :upsidedown:

omg thank goodness you bought them!! i was so scared someone buy them then cannot take care

Good news, it is feeding.

Bad news, it just ate one of my smaller sized peppermint shrimps. I only saw peppermint antennas out from its mouth. Looks like I have to take out all the smaller shrimps! Expensive meal...

i tink it takes some time to digest?

not so fast kill another of ur shrimp again?

LCK having Hawaii shipment tomorrow. I heard will be having

Black Tang

AT

Goldflake

Basslet Anthias

etc.

More update tomorrow.

Hi bro,

wat's the market price for basslet anthias har :upsidedown: ?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Hi bro,

wat's the market price for basslet anthias har :upsidedown: ?

James, please check with Steven the actual price. I understand it should be 30+ per pc.

In addition to the earlier listing.

Kole Tang

Harliquin shrimp (pair)

Flame wrasse (all male)

AT size 3 - 7 inch

YT size extra small(20cent) to extra large

@@. Bro Orsony, smsed you....lol.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler