cuttlefish

smalljerm

hey everyone, i`m going to order cuttlefish eggs from henry at marine life, but thing is he only brings in 10 cluster at a time and only for special ordering, i`m wondering if anyone wants to also order with me, cause 100 eggs is abit too much for me. please get back to me asap!

Do they need special requirements to hatch?

loads of care and love and attention, you go to this site for more reference if u like http://www.tonmo.com/cephcare/cuttlefish.php btw i feel that raising cuttlefish from the eggs itself is a whole lot better due to the fact that wild caught cuttlefish does not ship well and does not wean onto frozen food easily, also, most of the specimen that we get, we will not know the age of the cuttlefish, and they are really short lived with about 1 and half years life span, most of the wild caught we get usually have only a few months left to live. but they are one of the most personable pets i`ve gotten so far, they will come out of their hiding places after acclimating to your tank and watch you as you do your daily stuff! all in all its really worth keeping it and i`ve never regretted it! but i would like to keep it for its entire life span, which means i`ve to get the eggs!

like this huh i've to discuss first liao haiz thought of beeding afew cause already have 3marine one fresh water :upsidedown:

You want to breed or raise the eggs? cause if u want to breed it requires a bigger tank like maybe a 5 or 6 feet? and its quite hard to breed, i was thinking of breeding too. yupp. please let me know soon cause i`m gonna order the eggs probably next week.

For those wondering how to hatch the eggs, most people would put the eggs in a net breeder , cause when the cuttlefish hatches, it is very tiny, and they are very picky and large eater, you have to feed them live food daily , so by putting them in a net breeder, you not only can monitor how many hatches, but also monitor their feeding, at about 3 weeks old, some of the cuttlefish will be bigger then others , so you have to seperate the bigger and smaller one with another breeders net if not the big cuttlefish will dominate and the small cuttlefish will not have a chance to eat. best would be to do your own research on how to raise them and the best place to get this information would be www.tonmo.com please read up before buying as they are not that easy to raise. thanks

wouldnt mind getting , i got from him a few times. problem is, you can constantly find saltie shirmp for them? :)

What i`m intending to do is to raise fresh water shrimp and gut load them with cyclopeeze. but for the first few weeks i`ll be raising brine shrimp and feeding it. yupp. if your interested you can send me a pm :)