Which fish goes in first?

Hmmm will having so many fishes put a strain on my system? I don't really have an oversized skimmer, using a Deltec MCE600 for a my 3ft tank. If I don't remove any fishes, my planned fishes will be, in order:

Already have

1) 3 Blue green chromis

2) 1 Yellow clown goby (if it doesn't up lorry, not eating for >1 wk :( )

3) 2 juv True Percs

Adding

4) 1 Banggai cardinal

5) 3 Bartlett's anthias

6) 1 Blotchy

7) 1 Blue Tang

I also run a MCE600, some more on a 5ft tank. But my bioload is always low and no or few corals, so i dun upgrade my skimmer. Your full list(already hav+adding) is definitely not overstocked. High bioload depends a lot on the type of fishes u keeping and your feeding regime. For example one large angel or tang will contribute much higher load den a school of chromis or cardinals. Anthias bioload is attributed to their requirement of frequent and heavy feedings. However Bartletts are an exception (can thrive on jux one or two feedings a day, i've tried), so your list is definitely safe and it'll still be acceptable if u intend to add in a few smaller fishes like small basslets or dwarf angels provided u practice good feeding regime (i.e. no overfeeding and use good quality food with low phosphate).

• SRC Member
I also run a MCE600, some more on a 5ft tank. But my bioload is always low and no or few corals, so i dun upgrade my skimmer. Your full list(already hav+adding) is definitely not overstocked. High bioload depends a lot on the type of fishes u keeping and your feeding regime. For example one large angel or tang will contribute much higher load den a school of chromis or cardinals. Anthias bioload is attributed to their requirement of frequent and heavy feedings. However Bartletts are an exception (can thrive on jux one or two feedings a day, i've tried), so your list is definitely safe and it'll still be acceptable if u intend to add in a few smaller fishes like small basslets or dwarf angels provided u practice good feeding regime (i.e. no overfeeding and use good quality food with low phosphate).

ahh... thanks alot! sets my mind at ease. Appreciate your advice on both the bioload and feeding Bartletts. That was one of my concerns coz I read tt anthias require more feedings to thrive. thanks!

So blotchy won't be bossed or boss bartlett? sounds good!

ahh... thanks alot! sets my mind at ease. Appreciate your advice on both the bioload and feeding Bartletts. That was one of my concerns coz I read tt anthias require more feedings to thrive. thanks!

So blotchy won't be bossed or boss bartlett? sounds good!

They will do well together.

• SRC Member

Add the blue tang last.....i introduced a brown tang in my tank as one of the first few fishes(as they are very hardy) they established territory very fast and now my rabbitfish everytime kena chased around when it comes near to the brown tang territory.So tangs establish territories very fast especially when no one was around the tank......

You're on the right path of adding fishes already.Anthias are very colourful addition to your tank and makes it more lively :)

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Add the blue tang last.....i introduced a brown tang in my tank as one of the first few fishes(as they are very hardy) they established territory very fast and now my rabbitfish everytime kena chased around when it comes near to the brown tang territory.So tangs establish territories very fast especially when no one was around the tank......

You're on the right path of adding fishes already.Anthias are very colourful addition to your tank and makes it more lively :)

yupz, really like anthias, especially the blotchy. Had my eyes set on it when I realised I cannot keep lionfish tog with the smaller fishes. hmmm so 1 male + 2 female for Bartlett won't have too much aggression? The male will have more intense purple, while female has a long yellow strip across her entire topside right?

Anyone knows how to get blotchy? Don't normally see them available... n what's the average damage for a small 2.5" speciman?

yupz, really like anthias, especially the blotchy. Had my eyes set on it when I realised I cannot keep lionfish tog with the smaller fishes. hmmm so 1 male + 2 female for Bartlett won't have too much aggression? The male will have more intense purple, while female has a long yellow strip across her entire topside right?

Anyone knows how to get blotchy? Don't normally see them available... n what's the average damage for a small 2.5" speciman?

Mux wait for shipment. Further its seasonal. Once there's shipment, most LFS like Ah Beng, CF, LCK, RB etc will all have it. M size specimen should be abt $60~$80 depends on LFS.

• SRC Member
Mux wait for shipment. Further its seasonal. Once there's shipment, most LFS like Ah Beng, CF, LCK, RB etc will all have it. M size specimen should be abt $60~$80 depends on LFS.

ahhh ok thx thx! At least the price not as crazy as what I see online... Will wait for it then, not really in a hurry to get it anyway, still have to slowly stock up the tank :)