Evil Pom Pom

iskay

• SRC Member

Pom pom supposedly like to nip on corals to carry around once the small anemones it has dies. They certainly are cute little buggers.

evil_pompom.jpg

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member
Pom pom supposedly like to nip on corals to carry around once the small anemones it has dies. They certainly are cute little buggers.

evil_pompom.jpg

I actually seen pics of a pom pom crab carrying a mushroom. Mine carried a polyp of zoa for a while till it died weeks later, at the moment, it is bare clawed.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
I actually seen pics of a pom pom crab carrying a mushroom. Mine carried a polyp of zoa for a while till it died weeks later, at the moment, it is bare clawed.

That IS a picture of a pompom carrying a mushroom. :upsidedown:

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member
always wanted a pom pom crab. but im willing to bet a zillion dollars that it will MIA in my tank within the first 10 mins

Besides it going MIA, your nice white pumping xenia heads will also MIA bit-by-bit. :pinch:

Pom Poms do best in a nano tank... i had a pair that vanished within minutes..

I did see them for a bit .. usually really late at night... dancing by the outflow.

that is until my anemone died and wiped out everything.

FOWLR Tank : Decom

Invert Tank: Decom

Current Tank: 2 ft with 2ft sump, 2 pyjama Cardinals, 1 Watchman Goby, 8 sand gobies, common saltwater shrimps, 3 turbo snails. 1 super green paly

• SRC Member
i dont get it? o.o they're still alive..

do u mean the crab will pick at my xenia?

They have tendency to nip any softy that looks like an anemone. They will have this itchy finger once the anemones they are carrying dies.

here's a pic i found on Flicker

it's using a mushroom instead.

pompomwithmush.jpg

picture taken from User > amishval

FOWLR Tank : Decom

Invert Tank: Decom

Current Tank: 2 ft with 2ft sump, 2 pyjama Cardinals, 1 Watchman Goby, 8 sand gobies, common saltwater shrimps, 3 turbo snails. 1 super green paly