Riot's Tank

riot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Have to admit growth's been REAL slow.

Here is a blue stag frag got from joe_P last year Nov/ Dec. From a single stem, two small branches , err make it two small twigs sprouting off after 4 months.

But hey, at least it aint RTN'd yet ;) That gotta count for something.

post-34-1082121612.jpg

• SRC Member

Anyway, lots of thanks to the following dudes who have helped me out soooooo much in my new light setup.

Reef Depot- thanks for the prompt delivery

Dr Evil - my main man! Your help in getting the hood done is greatly appreciated. :)

And now, waiting for them frags to GROW!

• SRC Member

Sure bro drop me a line anytime :)

so far on the 10kk CVs - a pinkish hue that should turn to a crisp white once burned in. So far, no adverse effects on my corals yet. Reduced the light schedule by a couple of hours, just to reduce the shock from switching from 2X150w to 400w. No bleaching detected.

• SRC Member

Now that I have mounted my mh with spider, theres no space to put in my old 3ft FL tubes for a dawn / dusk / night viewing. I have a width of 18 inches- any ideas on how to squeeze fl tubes in there? Is there any fl tubes in smaller than 18inch dimensions, best in the cheap cheap blues (not true actinics)?

• Sponsor
Now that I have mounted my mh with spider, theres no space to put in my old 3ft FL tubes for a dawn / dusk / night viewing. I have a width of 18 inches- any ideas on how to squeeze fl tubes in there? Is there any fl tubes in smaller than 18inch dimensions, best in the cheap cheap blues (not true actinics)?

hi bro,

u can try 36watts PL tubes actinics......it can fit... ;)

if u need help, let me know.....cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hey thks dr evil. Problem solved - I managed to stick in a 3 ft Fl light set behind the hood.

Anyway, latest update. Have ran the CV10kk from 21/04-3/05.

On positive side, the colour is fantastic - its really a crisp white with faint actinic purple tinge - man, I save on actinic lighting for this set up.

Now problem- my corals are bleaching. My blue erection - fried to a white crisp. I detect tissue recession on several acro frags. One of the turquoise stags remain the same colour, except for the tip that comes directly under the light, lost the bright intensivty and has faded. Not sure if its becoz i did not properly acclimitize the sps, although I have shifted the most burnt down to the sandbed. But man, I love the colour. :(

• SRC Member

Hi

Pls refer to this thread @ problems with CV:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...25&pagenumber=1

It may be:

UV

Ballast: HQI

accilimatize

spectrum

My experience with UV is my cheapo DE 150w. Anything directly under the light got fried, bleached, tissue gone & died. :(

Yours is a SE and the outer shield should be UV-shielded. But the symptom is (to a certain extent) similar to my UV problem :erm:

However, there is a thread on Aquaconnect 14k (I think is by Tom Berry in RC) that "glorify" the bulb. I thinking very hard :D

• 1 month later...